Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Green Lantern Screenshots

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We've got nine new screenshots of everyones favorite ring-wearing DC superhero in DC Universe Online for you today. All you aspiring Hal Jordan's can now rejoice! Perhaps there's a spot for you in the Green Lantern Corps once the game launches. Until then, feast your eyes on the super green screenshots below!

Check out the rest of the shots here! Also, don't forget to browse our full DC Universe Online gallery for even more shots.

Comments

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

very nic

not sure why but he was always my favorite character as a kid

followed by dr strange

• VexeVexe Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by gatheris

very nic
    not sure why but he was always my favorite character as a kid
    followed by dr strange

Same with me on both accounts. Weird.

I just wish he had a more intimidating weakness. The color yellow doesn't seem that threatening.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I've always had a fondness for Green Lantern myself....but, yeah....the color yellow..which means Big Bird could whup his arse. I wonder how this game will play out overall. I like Champions Online...and hope this has similar options as far as designing your super..but with better play style and a more open world.

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

WTF why not use the Black Green Lantern!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by BarCrow

I've always had a fondness for Green Lantern myself....but, yeah....the color yellow..which means Big Bird could whup his arse. I wonder how this game will play out overall. I like Champions Online...and hope this has similar options as far as designing your super..but with better play style and a more open world.

Seriously,

If SOE makes it a more open or at least connected world and offers at least the same customization as CO, then DCUO is going to blow CO straight out of the water!

The environments alone so far from the screenshots look already 10 times better then CO.

Don't get me wrong tho. CO is fun, but the amount of content is a joke. Especially since they nerfed the XP. Content gaps galore.

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

I SO want this game to work.  I'm going to play it on my PS3.

• El_GostroEl_Gostro Member Posts: 17

Joining the other lantern corps  would be all levels of awesome!

It would be cool if we at the very least could join the Siniestro corps or the red lanterns!

(I have this orgasmic vision where you confront Larleeze and he makes you fight orange duplicates of the last 8 pc's he's killed,

or one where the first time you die a black lantern version of your character is created as an NPC)

• JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by El_Gostro

Joining the other lantern corps  would be all levels of awesome!

It would be cool if we at the very least could join the Siniestro corps or the red lanterns!

(I have this orgasmic vision where you confront Larleeze and he makes you fight orange duplicates of the last 8 pc's he's killed,
    or one where the first time you die a black lantern version of your character is created as an NPC)

When I talked to the Devs at Fan Faire on DCUO, your wish might come true.  The direction they would like to go with an expansion is UP.  Meaning Space.  DC space content is quite large and would fill a full expansion.  GL is one of their favs to.  What other cities might be added?  I would hope Central City and Keystone but we shall see.

• DeadlyJamesDeadlyJames Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Bodeus

look at all the screen shots You will see both lanterns fighting together

• KryogenicKryogenic Member Posts: 663
    Originally posted by DeadlyJames

Originally posted by Bodeus

look at all the screen shots You will see both lanterns fighting together

Not to mention that the current big story arc revolves around all of the latern corps. Black Laterns shouldn't have been the evil undead army of darkity dark darkness.

They do that and do it well and I ll pretty much get a life sub

(now I m thinking of how fun it would be for there to be a Rann Vs Thanagar PVP event)

• nekollxnekollx Member Posts: 570

In brighest days

in blackest nights

no evil shall escape my sight

let those who worship evil's might

BEWARE MY POWER

GREEN LATERN'S LIGHT

((somone had to say it)

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

My big question is can a player get a power ring and be a GL. That would really sell the game to me as GL fan. As for the comments that were Pro John and somewhat anti Hal in the shot of them together both John and Hal are together. I hope Guy in all his jerky wonderfment is in the game :) he always made me laugh. :)

God Bless,

Dustin

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Me again, as for the color yellow being the weakness. If the Green Lantern has enough will power they can over come the yellow weakness. Cause yellow represents fear , which is their true weakness.  Thus if they have enough will power like Hal they can break the yellow and overcome the impurity, and even face off against Parallax which is the embodiment of fear just as ION is the embodiment of Will power. Also the golden age Green Lantern (Alan Scott) weakness is wood, which was eventually explained in the series titles "JSA" as being his weakness because he wants it to be his weakness so to speak. He can be as powerful or as non-powerful as he wants because of the starheart (the source of his powers) are one with him and such.

God Bless,

Dustin

• KiskaraKiskara Member Posts: 47

Being weak to yellow isn't a big deal for GLs, like it used to. Now its just a sign that you're a new recruit; all the seasoned vets have no problem with it.

• permsterpermster Member UncommonPosts: 102

I don't understand the green outline around him? It doesn't look like his glow and he should only be glowing when using his powers. The green outline makes him not look like part of the world.

They been doing that in the comics for a while,it's like an indication that they have erected an energy shield around their body

• permsterpermster Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by El_Gostro

They been doing that in the comics for a while,it's like an indication that they have erected an energy shield around their body

Hehe...you said erected.