Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hi guys need some advice

ianwelshyianwelshy Member UncommonPosts: 28

hi ppl i have just forked out £70 to get my pc clear of major viruse which my secruity could not get rid of so now i also need to update my drivers but the software out there at the moment require u to pay for them which i have no problem with but at the mo now i can't afford it so i need some info as to wether my drivers will be ok till i can afford it???

thanks ian

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

You have made a very general statement that you need to update the drivers of your computer and that it would cost money to do so. I know of no standard computer hardware supplier that requires payment for  you to update the drivers for their hardware.  Without you supplying more specific information about what hardware you need to update your drivers for no one will be able to help you.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

lol I understand what you are saying.  There is no need to pay for drivers.  I am not sure why you paid $70 to reformat your machine as well.  Getting new drivers is actually really simple if you know the components inside your machine.  First you should do all the windows updates.  This should update the majority of your drivers.  If you are unable to connect to the net, it may be due to your lan drivers.  If this is the case, find the DVDs that came with your system or motherboard for the one that has Ethernet drivers on them and install them from the DVD.  Once you are online getting the rest of the necessary drivers is easy.  Here are the only 2 that you may need to look up in order to update:

• Video Card - You need to know what brand you have for a video card, then download it directly from their site.  Also windows update should give you the basic drivers for your card.
    • Sound Card - If you have an add-on sound card you probably will need to update this manually from the manufacturers site.  If you don't know what sound card you have, windows update should take care of it automatically.
    • Video Codecs - Personally, I would download a codec pack like Combined Communited Codec.  Its the easiest method.
  • ianwelshyianwelshy Member UncommonPosts: 28

thanks guys u been really helpful and i have got it sorted now so thnks again