Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Multiplayer FPS game

AlternationAlternation Member Posts: 7

I love battlefield games (the new Heroes game is lame though).  BF 2142 was awsome.  Is there anything that beats Battlefield in terms of action packed multiplayer shoot-em-ups?  Vehicles, team play, and all that jazz?

Comments

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Alternation

I love battlefield games (the new Heroes game is lame though).  BF 2142 was awsome.  Is there anything that beats Battlefield in terms of action packed multiplayer shoot-em-ups?  Vehicles, team play, and all that jazz?

Yes, yes there is. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Wait for it! It's gonna be INSANE!!! Currently still play Modern Warfare 1 waiting for 2! ;-)

• u18bu2sa0ku18bu2sa0k Member Posts: 144
    Originally posted by Corrupted

Yes, yes there is. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Wait for it! It's gonna be INSANE!!! Currently still play Modern Warfare 1 waiting for 2! ;-)

i will suggest the same, MW2 is around the corner.

and uses a generation better engine then MW1.

go check some videos on youtube very lovely graphics.cant comment on gameplay yet but they aim to support/expand it further from its release date with mappacks etc.

its going to be the best shooter around for quiet a while.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

You could try Section 8. It launches on the 1st. It looks like its going to be a blast.

www.joinsection8.com/

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Wraithone

You could try Section 8. It launches on the 1st. It looks like its going to be a blast.

www.joinsection8.com/

Eh Section 8 seems fairly uninteresting from a gameplay persepective. Even the name alone, the most over-used term when wanting something military related to sound cool, screams of it.

One review tried to hype it as a fully original FPS. By letting you drop into battle where you want (Planetside anyone). By letting you pick an initial load out, and then change it at supply centers on the ground (Tribes anyone). Jetpacks, too many games to list for that one but lets use tribes again. Super sprint mode to get you into battles or across distances faster, Planteside again with their mechs it even had the slow to power up until hitting full speed. Money to buy new items for battle, change the word money to xp and you have Planetside yet again. Locking onto targets, way too many to list again.

It's not original and it looks like it is aimed at the ADD crowd. Not trying to be negative but if this person really enjoyed the BF series, as did I greatly, then this isn't what he's looking for.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

www.joinsection8.com/

Eh Section 8 seems fairly uninteresting from a gameplay persepective. Even the name alone, the most over-used term when wanting something military related to sound cool, screams of it.

One review tried to hype it as a fully original FPS. By letting you drop into battle where you want (Planetside anyone). By letting you pick an initial load out, and then change it at supply centers on the ground (Tribes anyone). Jetpacks, too many games to list for that one but lets use tribes again. Super sprint mode to get you into battles or across distances faster, Planteside again with their mechs it even had the slow to power up until hitting full speed. Money to buy new items for battle, change the word money to xp and you have Planetside yet again. Locking onto targets, way too many to list again.

It's not original and it looks like it is aimed at the ADD crowd. Not trying to be negative but if this person really enjoyed the BF series, as did I greatly, then this isn't what he's looking for.

I very much enjoyed tribes, back during the first year or two. Got seriously tired of planetside.  I was never really impressed with BF. UT3 and Quake4 are also fun FPS's.  Depends on what one is looking for. I have Section 8 preordered, so I'll have to see how it turns out. To each their own.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

I very much enjoyed tribes, back during the first year or two. Got seriously tired of planetside.  I was never really impressed with BF. UT3 and Quake4 are also fun FPS's.  Depends on what one is looking for. I have Section 8 preordered, so I'll have to see how it turns out. To each their own.

That is the key. I'm not saying there aren't people who will like section 8. But this guy was saying he loved BF 2142 and wanted another large scale FPS similar in style to BF. Section 8 is almost the exact opposite of BF which is why I said I don't think that's what he'd be looking for.

Now if he said he had wanted a game like Tribes, then I would of agreed with you on recommending Section 8.

I think the closest game he will get to what he wants is the new CoD coming out, but even that isn't BF enough. I think I understand the guy because I spent a lot of time playing BF2, and played in CalLeague's and TWL, but there havn't been any other FPS games released that are styled in the BF way and it is disappointing.