Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

non-MMORPGs you are looking for

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Of games that are to be released still in 2009, I got only Torchlight www.youtube.com/watch I'm looking for. In 2010 there are Diablo 3 and Supreme Commander 2 coming out (the latter one I played on the gamescom and it was quite some fun). Star Craft 2 I'm not that much interested in, I was always more a fan of the massive battles in the Total Annihilation / Supreme Commander series.

Are there any other games that are worth looking for, that will probably still get released this year and that don't seem to be overhyped?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• Assassins Creed 2.. really looking forward to that one.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Splinter Cell Convition, Assassins Creed 2, The Saboteur.

Apparently I got a thing for stealth action games.

Edit: Figured I should give something outside of the stealth genre. Dead Rising 2 (and for pc to, ooooh yeah.)

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

There are some GREAT game still coming in 09.

Batman: Arkham Asylum: Slated to be the best Batman game, perhaps the best single players supers game made. Played the PC demo and it was fantastic but will be picking up the XBOX version either tonight at midnight (if I am up for it) or tomorrow.

Boarderlands: Wasteland survival co-op action RPG with cool as hell art.

LEFT 4 DEAD 2: Loved the first one and this one looks EVEN BETTER. The first one was extremely addictive and enjoyable just needed to be bigger.

Assassins Creed 2: Looks sweet and love the Italian setting.

Torchlight does look cool though and will be good while some of us wait for Diablo III.

Dragon Age: Origin: Bioware RPG. Gotta be good.

There are others but you can't go wrong with these.

• havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

Can't wait for Starcraft II

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Dragon Age: Origins

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Alpha Protocol

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Oh and Disciples III.

But they take soooo long to develope it, I'm getting a bit mistrusting. Like with all games which's announcement and release are years and years apart.

But I loved playing Disciples II with a buddy in multiplayer. For those who don't know it, it's a bit like HOMM. Except that the type of ground that fits to your faction starts spreading out from towns you own or special rods you can plant. Like, if you play the humans,then lush meadows start to spread, for the undead some swampy/dead area, for the dwarves a snowy landscape and for the infernal demons some fiery stuff. And when two of those types clash, than the one that is fueled by more such rods/towns slowly pushes back the weaker landscape. And I think that smaller buildings and stuff always belonged to whoever owned the ground near it.

It was also darker than HOMM, and you had fewer units in your armies. The maximum was like 6 units I think. And large units took up the space of two smaller ones. But that was evened out in that way, that the units gained experience. And depending on what buildings you constructed in your city, they kept evolving following some kind of evolution tree. Like one of the weakest units of the Infernal faction was a ranged unit called Cultist. And all in all it could turn into 9 other units, depending on what you built and how strong it got. Since you couldnt reverse such stuff, you had to plan in front what type of army you'd like to have in the end. So maybe you want the cultist to first become stronger in general, and then turn into a shapeshifter for versatility? Or into a succubus to polymorph other units? Or into an incubus that could turn units to stone? Or maybe into a modeus, that deals lots of fire damage?

Well, great game it was. I hope Disciples III won't be a disappointment once it finally is released. Here is a recent video of Disciples III: www.youtube.com/watch

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• reikaleereikalee Member Posts: 79

WonderKing! It's a fun casual game especially when Atlantica Online is down.

I am simply myself, no more and no less. And I only want to be free.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 are really the only 2 games on my radar at the moment. What can I say... Those guys at Bioware have got me hooked.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• trev9999trev9999 Member Posts: 199

CURRENTLY PLAYING SHAIYA

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268
    Originally posted by maji

.... I'm looking for. In 2010 there are Diablo 3 and Supreme Commander 2 coming out (the latter one I played on the gamescom and it was quite some fun). Star Craft 2 I'm not that much interested in, I was always more a fan of the massive battles in the Total Annihilation / Supreme Commander series.

Sorry, it has been confirmed by Blizzard, no Diablo 3 in 2010.  It may be 2011 or later.

As for 2009, Dragon Age: Origins, looks good.

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

Diablo III

Fable III

Final Fantasy XIII

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

Call of Duty Modern Combat 2
    maybe Diablo 3

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

diablo 3 and mass effect 2

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Torchlight looks pretty decent, as does Dragon Age.  I'll have to check those out.

Diablo 3 is the one I'm wating for.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Totally Dragon Age.

It's the first and probably last game I've ever pre-ordered.

Gah@torchlight. For a bit there that destroyer remind me of
    that image that shows up in these forums (cool story bro)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Xbox 360 - Borderlands, Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2

PC - Torchlight

• langawakolangawako Member Posts: 6

still waiting for diablo 3 and starcraft 2