Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Covenant of the Phoenix (Multi gaming guild): Sartok (FFA PVP)

The Covenant of the Phoenix is a multi gaming guild that has been around for over 8 years with chapters in; AC, SWG, CoV, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings, Vanguard and now Tabula Rasa. More chapters will open up as the need arises. Let's face it, mmorpgs come and go. When looking for a guild you will want one that is willing to expand into other games. As of right now, AoC, PotBS and Warhammer Online loom large on our radar.

I can't say enough good things about our community. We are much more than just a guild, we are a family. The community is very active in the management of the guild and the website. All members are viewed as equals and are not considered just another number. Our members are very friendly and helpful both in the game and on the forums. While we may be a multi gaming guild, we have always taken strides to maintain that close knit family oriented feeling that is often associated with smaller guilds. We aren't looking to expand our guild just for numbers sake, we are merely looking for more friends to game and chat with.

The guild's goal is to meet and keep gaming friends, and move along together to other games as member interest dictates. The guild was founded on the principles of loyalty, honor, and brotherhood and thrives because on-line adventure games are more fun in the company of kindred spirits. Our membership ranges in age from teens to the late fifties and geographically spans the globe (although most are adults residing in the North American continent). Most of us have jobs or college commitments and families, and therefore we support the premise that real-life has priority over game-life. So power gaming isn't required.

Expectations:

We will give you the tools to become successful as a member and you will use these tools to build your character into a respectable member.

Role-playing is encouraged but not forced. Respect other people's choice to role-play.

Trash talking anywhere will not be tolerated. As a member of CotP your actions reflect on us all.

As per our charter you are expected to treat all your fellow players with a certain level of respect and dignity regardless of guild.

We have members of all ages here. Profanity is unpleasant for most members and will not be tolerated in the forums or guild text chat. (There are appropriately rated Teamspeak and Ventrilo channels.)

We will not tolerate begging, scamming, intentional deception, strong foul language, sexual remarks, derogatory or prejudice remarks involving, not limited to, gender, nationality, religious and political beliefs, or sexual orientation.

We will assist you with leveling your characters, but we do not exist as a power leveling service. In turn, you will be expected to help others do the same.

This guild is a family, you will treat your fellow guildmates as such, at all times

--- ~ ----

If you have any questions please feel free to visit us at http://covenantofthephoenix.com

~

Comments

• ArelosArelos Member Posts: 3

I've been in Covenant of the Phoenix for nearly a year now. The most important aspect of the guild aside from close-knit friendships is, put simply, we understand you. Gaming shouldn't have to be about gaining, and guilds certainly shouldn't base themselves around pushing your own limit for achieving. We understand your schedule, and members won't be forced into undesired or impossible grouping, raiding, or whatever else have you. Need to take a break, leave early? No problem! Maybe you'd like to continue playing the same game since 1998, drop one and join another (or even stop playing anything for that matter)? You still exist. Everyone can keep in touch through our family friendly forums. As more than a guild member, CotP offers its friendship to members. Fun gaming experiences are what we provide.

• DelmarAnonDelmarAnon Member Posts: 13

The Covenant is far more than a gaming guild. I have made lasting friendships with many of my guildmates. We truly our a gaming family. One of the best features of CotP is that it is a multi-gaming guild. I love that when I tire of a game and want to move on to something new, I can still hang out, keep in touch and chat with my friends over our guild vent channels.

Our members are active in the games of their choice. Our forums are active with posts from a wide range of our membership. Our members are helpful, polite and mature.

I am very thankful for the friendships that I have made through CotP. Come take a look at our website (www.covenantofthephoenix.com). Read our forums. Say hello to our members in-game and out. Once you see what we're all about, I'm confident that you'll find CotP can offer you more than just a guild for grouping.

• BandoidBandoid Member Posts: 5

COTP is as much a self-contained social community as it is for networking on games. I have found gaming partners for each and every game I've played through this guild and it's been great. I would recommend it over any other place for finding people to connect with inside a game.

However, the fact is that most of the time I spend on the guild website, I spend socializing with people I've met either through it or while playing the game. Most of my conversations are casual and have very little to do with any one game. They're usually about gaming in general or about enjoying the social experience with guild mates.

Give it a try, I guarantee you'll enjoy. Looking forward to meeting you and hanging out!

• LisanderLisander Member Posts: 3

I have been involved in MMORPGs for many years, yet only truly been in two guilds--the Covenant of the Phoenix being the one which I have felt a deep commitment to.

From Star Wars Galaxies to City of Villains and Heroes to Guild Wars, the same core group of gamers has been there. Of course, there are many new faces as well. But, despite not being able to know everyone in our many chapters, there is a commonality that is unparalleled. It is more a family than anything. Even though the games may change, the Covenant has always been there for me.

We in the CotP are more than just individuals who happen to game together, we are a united front, a family. If you are looking for a great army of gamers, and, of people, the phoenix makes for an excellent icon.

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

I was contacted by Throne earlier this year and can say this was perhaps the best choice I had made when it came to finding a guild. I was interested in WAR, but soon got caught up in a number of the different activities going on in this gaming community.

I've joined in on the pen and paper D&D through Vent, our Steam group for some FPS games, and a large amount of topics relating to anything and everything on our forums.

This is truly a community worth your time.

www.covenantofthephoenix.com

The Covenant of the Phoenix provides me with more than I ever expected from a guild. When I want to play a game, I can jump into any number of MMO, FPS, sports and even old-fashioned pen and paper rpg games and find friends to play with. When I feel like chatting, I can jump onto our vent server and find dozens of guild members doing all different things. When I just feel like relaxing and surfing the forums, there are always pages of new topics and posts on everything from the latest MMO news to tech help to who is having company at their house tonight. I have friends around the world through CotP. I also have real-life friends in CotP. I don't have to worry about losing contact with any of them if we stop playing the same games because our guild allows us to always stay in touch.

The very best part of the guild is the quality of membership. Mature, family-oriented, casual, knowledgeable people who are genuinely friendly and helpful and social. I enjoy spending time with my friends, chatting and playing games. The Covenant of the Phoenix gives me the opportunity to do that and, for me, that's the greatest service a guild can provide.

• BandoidBandoid Member Posts: 5

Hey all. I'm an elder in the CotP and I'm a very active officer in the LotRO chapter of the guild. This guild rocks and if you join through our chapter, you can expect complete support from guild mates as you level your character. We have a kinship culture that absolutely puts mutual support of kinship members above all else.

However, I'm also active in other chapters like the Guild Wars chapter and the casual gaming sector or the guild. We (the guild members) have a lot of fun together and it's always nice to meet someone new even if it's just through posting on the forum. You'll see just how much if you check it out.

Happy gaming all!

• FunseikiFunseiki Member UncommonPosts: 263

I just joined this server. The names Visur, I'm a level 3 wood Elf druid.

I have been a member of the Covenant of the Phoenix for almost two years.  It has been a great experience for me.  The guild is mature, friendly and very helpful.  I play multiple MMOs and single-player games and CotP allows me to jump into any of its multiple gaming chapters and always find someone to play with or just hang out and chat.

It is a drama-free, stable guild made up of members with a common goal: to have fun and make friends.  If you visit our site, I think you'll see that we really are more than a guild, we're a gaming family.  Come take a look around and I'm sure that you'll find we have a lot to offer you.

www.covenantofthephoenix.com

• AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258

still around?

Of course :)