Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When is the Beta?

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I recently started following this game and it looks really cool. Any word on Beta or a Release Date?

Comments

• RenkoRenko Member UncommonPosts: 97

Release has been delayed with no new date but according to an official post yesterday to accompany a press release on JGE reaching 250K beta sign ups, beta is scheduled for sometime later this year.

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94

Yep, still in the Friends and Family stage of testing, which Codemasters and NetDevil indicate is going pretty well and they're gathering lots of good feedback. Beta will be announced when the powers that be feel comfortable to open the game to a wider audience; until then, there is no closed beta date (closed beta being the next official stage of testing).

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

They actually cancled beta... According to several Gaming sites. One of the Devs got a little to hot while working and opened the window. The Air Pressure Change caused JGE to float out the window. That seems to be a big problem with Vaporware.

J/k Hopefully Sometime this month, but doubt it.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

I would have thought they would have fixed anything that was preventing them from going to Beta, which was this past June they cancelled. But NetDevil is cutting it close if they want to get the game out by the end of the year if not we'll see it next year.

Personally there is a lot of MMO's awaiting funding so they get published (like BP) and maybe it is the same thing with JGE. Netdevil needs the game to be very complete because people are picky and if people start throwing around the negative comments after they play beta or game isn't feature complete they way people expect at launch it could cost NetDevil a bit of coin.

Ah who needs publishers... just get the code done and offer it up as a download off the website and pay for the client.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• oddjobs74oddjobs74 Member Posts: 526
    Originally posted by mrputts

They actually cancled beta... According to several Gaming sites. One of the Devs got a little to hot while working and opened the window. The Air Pressure Change caused JGE to float out the window. That seems to be a big problem with Vaporware.

J/k Hopefully Sometime this month, but doubt it.

lol

• shabazzstershabazzster PWI CorrespondentMember Posts: 32

Well,  it would be nice to see this game soon.. and if anyone

has a new cpu i could have let me know :=D