Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Sith Warrior Added to HoloNet

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The Sith Warrior class that was revealed at GamesCom this year has now been officially added to the game's HoloNet section of the website, taking its place amongst other badasses like the Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, and Trooper.

More information on the Sith Warrior below:

Champion of the Dark Side

An unstoppable force of darkness, the Sith Warrior is entrusted with the task of destroying the Empire’s enemies and enforcing Sith domination across the galaxy. The Warrior channels the destructive emotions of fear, anger, and hatred to purge weakness from body and mind and become a being of pure, brutal efficiency.

Destined to eradicate the incompetent chaos created by the Jedi, the Sith seek to rule the galaxy through power and intimidation. The armies of the Sith Empire are trained to accomplish this task, but they require the leadership of bold Sith Warriors—loyal and mighty overlords—who will drive them to conquest and victory.

These cold-blooded conquerors waste no time with cunning manipulations and carefully-crafted plans. Sith Warriors crush their opponents and stride toward their goals with dreadful determination, leaving ruin and annihilation in their wake. Emanating awe and terror at every step, they accept nothing but absolute obedience from their followers. In turn, Sith Warriors can serve as loyal subjects to their own dark masters, often surprising enemies and allies with their rigorous honor and perfect discipline.

Whether they align their ambitions with those of the Dark Council or become renegades in pursuit of their own goals, they are never far from the action. Their fierce hatred of the Jedi keeps Sith Warriors at the forefront of any conflict with the Republic. The passion to eradicate the Jedi Order fuels many of their actions, but that does not make them single-minded fools.

Ultimately, the destiny of any Sith Warrior is his own to choose… and woe to those who would stand in his way.

Working with Others

A natural leader in any context, a Sith Warrior inspires both fear and undying loyalty into his followers and allies. Though they rarely exercise patience for incompetence or indecisiveness, Warriors have realized the importance of strength in numbers in their war with the Jedi, and have learned to accept and sometimes even encourage their comrades, whether they are like-minded Sith, ruthless Bounty Hunters, or others who embrace the darkness.

As with all other classes, the Sith Warrior entry features a number of screenshots, short video clips of the classes abilities, and concept art. There are also some new Sith Warrior wallpapers available.

Comments

• iank240iank240 Member Posts: 170

I am truly enjoying how this game is coming together.  The style is looking different and clean for an MMO.

• brezelbrezel Member Posts: 202

yeah the game looks a bit to clean. i miss more gameworld details (common objects) .. environment effects (dust, shiny surfaces, footsteps etc.) and a better color palette.

2$ emo haircuts are out.

• uttausuttaus Member Posts: 120

I am really excited about the game, BUT I am concerned with only 8 class options.

IF there is only one Force using class on each side then how customizable will these classes be?

IF there are more than one force using class on each side then wont your options to play non Force using classes be horribly limited.

I am hopping for verry customizable classes myself.

Ways to make my sith a stealthy  force user, or ways to make my jedi a beat stick .

I can't wait for this game as I have not played a Bioware game i didn't like.

Asheron's Call, Champions Online, Dark Age of Camelot, EVE Online, EverQuest, Lineage 2, Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft.Waiting for SWTOR

• OdelaOdela Member Posts: 120

I'm now pretty sure there will be two Sith classes since they keep reiterating this one is Darth Vader, who is very different from the rest of the Sith.  He's one of the few that only uses a select few force powers and wears heavy armor.

I think the next Sith class will be something like Sith Lord that focuses on Force Abilities instead of Saber and uses light armor instead of heavy.

WIth the Republic counterparts being Jedi Guardian and Consular.

• yanzanyanzan Member UncommonPosts: 31

i dont think so..

there will be some kind of medic and jedi on the republic side for sure ,

and some similar healing class on the empire side , maby a spy as the last one.

maby even a droid class on both sides .. who knows :)

• OdelaOdela Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by yanzan

i dont think so..

Have you not been following the game at all?

No dedicated healing classes, just branches and every class has a viable out of combat heal.

Most likely, each class will get two force users and those two will be able to branch into healing, as well as some of the other classes.  The only others I can picture, though are Trooper. 

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

The number of classes in a game are largely irrelevant if there are a decent number of skill trees for each class. It's the number of final destinations that are available that matters. If there are 50 classes or 1 class with 50 skill trees available its really the same thing. If they allow you to work on more than one skill tree over time fewer classes could end up being better though. 

I'm looking forward to trying this game out either way!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by hogscraper

The number of classes in a game are largely irrelevant if there are a decent number of skill trees for each class. It's the number of final destinations that are available that matters. If there are 50 classes or 1 class with 50 skill trees available its really the same thing. If they allow you to work on more than one skill tree over time fewer classes could end up being better though. 
    I'm looking forward to trying this game out either way!

They did mention that there would be skill trees and that they are an important part of this game.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

they should do without the tree skill shown ,yes there would be a skill three but only game maker would know,by never showing 

a tree skill cant show it its not there would add  challenge ,yes player would know theres a tree but they would have to remember what skill they used etc log off for 6 month got to restart from scratch cause your toon forgot his skill (lets call it eilzeimer lol.

• yanzanyanzan Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by Odela

Originally posted by yanzan

i dont think so..

Have you not been following the game at all?

No dedicated healing classes, just branches and every class has a viable out of combat heal.

Most likely, each class will get two force users and those two will be able to branch into healing, as well as some of the other classes.  The only others I can picture, though are Trooper. 

yes i missed it. But if there will be two  force users , than we have two Jedi on the republic side and another sith.

I only hope there will be a opportunity to fall to the dark side or rise up to the light for each class.

• karmaesokarmaeso Member Posts: 34

I so hope that we're given a Jedi Consular. That would be the class I'd play, aside from my primary Smuggler.

Then again, I'd be open to any class Bioware makes for this game, seeing how intriguing all the revealed ones are. 

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I am a bit disppointed with the class system they have been presenting.

I mean, in the old KoTOR games there were no pre-defined paths, we chose if we want to be sith or republican according to our actions. Why cant they implement like a 10 or 20 first levels in wich we choose our path and only after we join one side?

Other thing I dislike is, why the hell is Bounty Hunter sith? If I am a bounty hunter doesnt that mean that I join the one who pays me better? They are not good or bad, they work for anyone

• IronChuIronChu Champions Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by tryklon

I mean, in the old KoTOR games there were no pre-defined paths, we chose if we want to be sith or republican according to our actions. Why cant they implement like a 10 or 20 first levels in wich we choose our path and only after we join one side?
    Other thing I dislike is, why the hell is Bounty Hunter sith? If I am a bounty hunter doesnt that mean that I join the one who pays me better? They are not good or bad, they work for anyone

It's not that Bounty Hunters are inherently evil, but it's that the "good" side very rarely hires them, because it's contradictory to how they do things. The Republic is about diplomacy, and bounty hunters....aren't.  Even if you're a "good" bounty hunter and hate the Sith, you're not going to be working for the Republic, that just isn't going to happen.

It's pretty simple really, they're hitmen. It's not like the U.S. government goes around hiring hitmen to do their dirty work, and even if they do, we never hear about it. That's another factor: bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe have very large reputations, and the Republic isn't going to do business like that, because it isn't going to look good for them if they hire someone who's known to work for their enemy.

All that said, they have mentioned in the past that alliegiance isn't tied to your class, even though each side has a number of classes. I'll have to find the video, but they've said that you can be part of one group, and sympathize with the other.

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300

not true you chose from

- Jedi Guardian -

Jedi guardians focus on combat training and masterful use of the lightsaber.

- Jedi Consular -

This Jedi tends to focus less on physical combat and more on mental disciplines in order to augment force mastery.

- Jedi Sentinel -

This Jedi Sentinel achives a good balance between physical and mental disciplines.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370
    Originally posted by PapaB34R

not true you chose from

- Jedi Guardian -

Jedi guardians focus on combat training and masterful use of the lightsaber.

- Jedi Consular -

This Jedi tends to focus less on physical combat and more on mental disciplines in order to augment force mastery.

- Jedi Sentinel -

This Jedi Sentinel achives a good balance between physical and mental disciplines.

Yes its true, and if you had actually read my post you would understand that i was refering to the "Faction" and not the classes

• bubu_3kbubu_3k Member UncommonPosts: 108

Might be wrong, but i think that there will be 1 brute force class (lightsaber-centric) and 1 more focused on force powers for both sith and jedi

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” A. Einstein