Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Playable at PAX!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,528

According to an announcement made on the official Star Trek Online website, a public, playable demo of Star Trek Online will be at this year's Penny Arcade Expo! Looks like PAX is really shaping up to be a great show!

The original announcement can be viewed here.

For more information on the Penny Arcade Expo, visit the official PAX site here.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB

Comments

• ThrawlThrawl Member Posts: 271

This is great news. I can't wait to hear some of the reviews of this demo. With CO about to launch Cryptic will start talking a lot more about STO. Although Champions seems like it will be a big hit it's not interesting to me. Give me a starship and I'll be happy.

Our spirit was here long before you

Long before us

And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88

This PAX is going to be very interesting.  SWTOR has two different stage time slots, and Aion has some big events (one being in the space needle!).   It'll be interesting to see how STO competes.

STO is looking like a great game.  Just based on the 25 min demo for both STO and SWTOR, I think STO could actually steal the show in terms of game play.  That would be very interesting to see considering how much more $$$ SWTOR is spending...

• ControlZeroControlZero Member Posts: 14

INFIDELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare they get to play it at a convention that I could only get to via Bank Robbery.......

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by ControlZero

INFIDELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare they get to play it at a convention that I could only get to via Bank Robbery.......

If your setting up a group for that dude I'll tag along....i havent done the bank quest yet........

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

I can't wait to see what the reviews are like as far as gameplay goes either, the things I'm reading about CO have been mixed to say the least but honestly CO is the new super hero game on the block based off maybe the third most recognizable super hero ip while STO is based off the second biggest sci fi ip so I'm holding out hope that this is going to be a good game and generate some positive spin better than what I see from CO.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....