Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online

ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Ok trying out there 10 day free trial could someone explaine where Mythic went wrong and the major things wrong with game now. Thanks ahead of time for good and bad responces.

Jihad works both ways

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                        MAGA

Comments

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

The game isn't bad levels 1-11 but it quickly gets worse and worse. I just canceled my sub last night after finally getting frustrated enough at certain things in the game. I love Nordenwatch and a lot of the pve content at lower levels. PQ's are really fun participating in because you get out what you put in. Show up at the last second and you don't get a bonus to your loot roll. Actually the last two sentences are what it would be like if it worked. Instead, the new guy that showed up just for the last bit of fighting gets a random loot roll just like the others that have been there the whole time. Nothing like spending 25 minutes doing all the hard work and watching some guy who did nothing luck out on the roll and get the good loot bag. Instead of fixing this problem the right way allowing the GROUP that did the most to loot armor that could be grabbed by the class that can use it,  Mythic instead acknowledged their system is broken and added a buff that gives you bonuses based on how many times in a row you've been screwed. The best way to describe this is like Family Feud. No matter how good you did the entire show, the last bit is worth so many points that anyone can win making the whole thing before the finale pointless. 

Gear is my biggest issue. To be the best you can and get the best gear, you have to follow certain paths. You either have to spend time in open rvr or in PQ's to get the good gear. ALOT of time. The only problem is, at lower levels, you end up leveling out of the funnest areas before you even get geared up sufficiently. PVP of any type brings out the competitive natures in people and things like this are directly against these people. Right about the time you get geared up well, you find yourself completely under geared and now in the next tier of play.  Because of the broken PQ mechanic I mentioned above, you can spend all 11 levels of a particular tier just trying to build influence or doing PQ's. Yes, you can level all the way through the game in RVR and scenarios but you end up not being able to get fully geared up or even sufficiently level crafting skills. Because the ways to get good gear is so limiting you have to play a certain way to get it. 

My other big problem with the game is crowd control. I primarily play FPS games and from this perspective crowd control is like hacking. Imagine playing Counter-Strike and your game freezes. When you finally have a chance to fight back you're already dead. Then you find out that it wasn't a hack or exploit but the devs actually give certain players that ability. You don't have to worry about the other player's skill or gear. You just click one button and kill your victim with no worry that they might fight back. Can you kill everyone this way? Nope. But the devs made the game so that many dif classes need to work together and the only people likely to survive this kind of attack are the same classes that can deal it out. After a while it feels pointless to play these classes as you have no chance to defend against it. And if your healer is attacked in the same way? All the time you've played the game practicing tactics, gearing up,perfecting skills is made irrelevant.  Had they put in a way to immediately mitigate these abilities it wouldn't be so bad because then it would come down to who had the skills and knowledge. Instead its whoever clicked the I win buton first. 

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007

I really enjoyed the trial too, but lost interest after subscribing. You can pick up the boxed game for cheap if you look around, so it's not a huge waste if you don't like it. I don't regret spending $10 on the box so I could play for another 30 days, but I don't see myself resubscribing anytime soon.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I love the Warhammer universe. However, the mmo itself has two problems. One is the game engine, it's terrible (although performance has improved it is nowhere where it needs to be). And two is the endgame. The second part they can improve but the game engine? I don't know how they can get around that. I still found it to be a fun game for a while though.