Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: New Powerset: Light?

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Champions Online Lead Designer Randy Mosiondz tweeted a tease of an upcoming new powerset to Champions Online. He didn't give the set a name, but it can be best described, at least at this point as "light".

Via Twitter.

Looks really interesting to me! Now, I hope the set's hold is called Exorcism so I can chant "The power of Christ compells you!" at my victims.

Comments

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Interesting! I like 'light' themed powers.

• nekollxnekollx Member Posts: 570

illusion powers maybe?

• FkinglinuxFkinglinux Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by nekollx

illusion powers maybe?

I think the psychic set already basically covers that, with nightmare pets and everything.

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

WOW Champions Online keeps getting better and better.  =)

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Looks like it might be a celestial power set, would be nice if they added that set to the game and it would be a good set against darkness.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• panictmindpanictmind Member Posts: 15

What I really want is a teleportation either travel or combat or both.

• FkinglinuxFkinglinux Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by panictmind

have you even played the game?

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Already in the game!

• ShazanneShazanne Member Posts: 4

Youre lucky, nobody else can get in on the headstart AND the forums have conveniently been taken down too.

• KryogenicKryogenic Member Posts: 663
    Originally posted by MikeB

Already in the game!

lol CO's version of teleportation is that you turn into a glowing orb that resembles a dead night elf from WoW and zoom around real fast until you pop back out as your character which is stuck in a forced hover.

Seemed like a step backwards from CoX's teleportation.

Not to mention it really irks me that they chose to add combat suppression of travel powers.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Kryogenic

Originally posted by MikeB

Already in the game!

lol CO's version of teleportation is that you turn into a glowing orb that resembles a dead night elf from WoW and zoom around real fast until you pop back out as your character which is stuck in a forced hover.

Seemed like a step backwards from CoX's teleportation.

Not to mention it really irks me that they chose to add combat suppression of travel powers.

I think it's a step forward personally. I really did not like CoX teleportation because it felt so choppy. I understand teleport is to blink in and out of areas, but I still didn't like the choppiness of it. While CO's teleportion feels more smooth with the wisp like transition and there feels to be a little more control.

anyways just got off from the headstart, and everything is working so nicely right now :)

• thranmorrowthranmorrow Member Posts: 110

CO's teleport is more like astral plane traveling, which is very cool in it's own right.  CoX's teleport, while being "instentanious" suffered from technical problems and mechanics problems that lead to it being the least used travel power in the game (I really have only seem stone armor users with it and that's due to the other travel powers interferring with their main powers).

In CoX teleport could only move you in a straight line, it was easy to over shoot targets and was generally a bitch to use. Whereas CO's teleport gives you full movement control and invisiablity for a short time. It's like having the fastest flight power and stealth at the same time, oh and it costs no energy.

Co's Teleport is pure win.

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

The set looks awesome. If they keep adding sets I'll be impressed.

On the note of COs teleport power, it's actually almost an exact copy of the way Nightcrawler's (from the X-men) teleport power works. It looks like he teleports instantly, but what he actually does is shift into another dimension where he travels super fast and comes out where he wanted.

What's neat about COs teleport, is it does double duty as an invis/teleport power. When you're phased you can fly around however you want, but while nobody can see you, you can still see other people's outlines and shapes, kinda like infared. This way you can scout around without being detected and get your positioning perfect for jumping that group of baddies.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

i'm master of the port in CoX, that said CoX really isnt much different.

Load up a warshade or regular pool porter and do a short jump and you can see the "line" that collect the entry and exit point.

Basicly you shrink down to about a inche tall, shoot though a tunnel and expand.

• kal08kal08 Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Shazanne

Youre lucky, nobody else can get in on the headstart AND the forums have conveniently been taken down too.

I am in the HS. My first hero is level 12. There are thousands of peoples online too (easy to tell as we can see the shards available and how many are on each one).

Some people didnt get the HS key cause the retailers sellers sucks. But most that are not in tried to buy the game this weekend (or close to it), and by then the pre-bonus offers were gone from most sellers (badly announced by them).

I myself was quite lucky. I did a pre-order from Gamestation (UK) for the box... they didnt send me the key after a few mad emails... I canceled the order (I hadnt use the beta key from them as I was in CB), I then called my CC company to make sure they would not try to charge me for anything and I bought the game from D2D. For some reason even D2D buyers got in HS (maybe cause we bought the 6-month pack/lifetime, or cause some had a open beta key)... no matter... bug or no bug... we are in :D

No lag, no crashes. Great release so far.

What I'm hoping they do is create an additional powerset that involves teleportation, kind of like nightcrawlers where you can use it in combat to do various special moves etc.

While the travel teleportation sounds cool. I still want my combat teleport powers :)

Edit: What I mean by teleport related special moves, it knows your target and teleports to execute a kill move or something. I guess it all depends on the combat system. I haven't played yet so I can't say. I heard about this game from a friend of mine playing the Beta.

Originally posted by Fkinglinux

have you even played the game?

Not yet, I should have specified that time. But I hadn't read about the different travel powers yet, I'd only seen the burrowing clip.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Sheesh... seriously, instead of wasting time on Twitter, music import and new powers why not work on the game basics which beta testers bemoan for half a year+ now?

What I'm hoping they do is create an additional powerset that involves teleportation, kind of like nightcrawlers where you can use it in combat to do various special moves etc.
    While the travel teleportation sounds cool. I still want my combat teleport powers :)
    Edit: What I mean by teleport related special moves, it knows your target and teleports to execute a kill move or something. I guess it all depends on the combat system. I haven't played yet so I can't say. I heard about this game from a friend of mine playing the Beta.

GO play the game, you can combat teleport

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Err no you can't. There is a timer, when you enter combat it's 20 or 30 seconds, EVEN when not you yourself are fighting but anyone in your group all the way on the other side of the map.

That makes combat teleport like Nightcrawler pretty impossible.

• kal08kal08 Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Yunbei

Sheesh... seriously, instead of wasting time on Twitter, music import and new powers why not work on the game basics which beta testers bemoan for half a year+ now?

MMORPG are social games. If you include support for social web services (like facebook, tweet) it will only make the community stronger, it will help people to feel more connected with the game and it will help the game grow.

Its a new trend on MMORPG. Check EvE expansion plans. Many F2P games are doing it too. Some yet to be released P2P games already talked about it.

Its the small things that makes a game great in the long run. Hell, the API for tweet was made by a DEV on his own time cause he loves it :XD.

Are you kidding me? Dude, I can't play the game if it's not out yet. I hadn't heard about it until it was too late to sign up for Beta. I've been too busy with other things. So I unfortunately can't go and just PLAY the game. I wish I could. In either case, I am finding out about the game from those who had the opportunity. Stop bitching and moaning that I don't know about it if I didn't spend hours pouring over the website yet reading about every power available. I had just mentioned what I wanted and people were telling me that it was there. Geeze.

Originally posted by kal08

MMORPG are social games. If you include support for social web services (like facebook, tweet) it will only make the community stronger, it will help people to feel more connected with the game and it will help the game grow.

Its a new trend on MMORPG. Check EvE expansion plans. Many F2P games are doing it too. Some yet to be released P2P games already talked about it.

Its the small things that makes a game great in the long run. Hell, the API for tweet was made by a DEV on his own time cause he loves it :XD.

It's not just a trend in MMOs it also includes any business. Social Media has become a medium for direct real-time feedback and non-intrusive advertisement of your products by building a community of people that follow your business/product.

Err no you can't. There is a timer, when you enter combat it's 20 or 30 seconds, EVEN when not you yourself are fighting but anyone in your group all the way on the other side of the map.

That makes combat teleport like Nightcrawler pretty impossible.

You know, that's too bad. Even being able to teleport to your group immediately would be nice if they're in combat. Personally I think a timeout is a terrible attempt to "balance" teleport powers. I will have to try it myself.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Even out of combat teleporting is..a chore.. (only lasts a few seconds)

Last day of headstart I noticed that Sorcery was divided into 3 schools. One of which

summons an "angelic" pet. I wonder if sorcery and light will mesh...