Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bit-Torrent sites almost all gone. Anyone else bummed?

Damn those damn lawmakers! :-)

hail suprnova!

Comments

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

What ones are left?

Scythes of Bodom

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • rockdocrockdoc Member Posts: 11

/ponder

if i tell you the site would be flooded with peeps (cuz this thread is HOT HOT HOT)

but ok, atm im using

http://www.bi-torrent.com/

which works on and off, dunno why. enjoy your thievery while you still can!

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Lokitorrent is still up although I dont think that it is long for the world. Torrentreactor is also still up.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• rockdocrockdoc Member Posts: 11

good.
    must get all simpsons, futurama, athf, sealab family guy before its all kapoof.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Well, it's kinda a good thing that this is happening. Now I know I used it but hey, we broke the law. Either we stop or get arested. . . .

So, I stoped image                           (<_<)  . image .  (>_>)

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• CodojussCodojuss Member Posts: 24

Thanks for makeing this post I hate how they took down suprnova I wish I could let out my feels but I am a man.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

First there was Napster. It died.
    Then there was Morpheus. It still exists but is full of spyware and lack of content. It's dead theoritically.
    Then there was Kazaa. It's considered dead too unless you don't mind having spyware on your PC.
    Then came torrents. And now it's being killed.
    Something else will come! Pirates don't give up that easily. ::::40::

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Johnark

Then there was Morpheus. It still exists but is full of spyware and lack of content. It's dead theoritically.
    Then there was Kazaa. It's considered dead too unless you don't mind having spyware on your PC.
    Something else will come! Pirates don't give up that easily. ::::40::

Actually, Napster did die but now it's back.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    Bearshare and WinMX are running...don't know if any of you use themimage

MMORPG's I've played: Star Wars Galaxies, DAOC, EQ, WW2 Online, Knight Online, Sims Online, Asherons Call 2, and Risk Your Life

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Oh thank god! I had given up on bit torrent! I assumed they would shut down every last one of them! Pretty ineffective... but whatever! I'm using that bi-torrent site now.

--------------------------------------
    My Xanga Site!

--------------------------------------

• stinger33stinger33 Member Posts: 66

I use torrentreactor.to and .net, and torrentsearch.com a lot because it searches various different torrent sites for the torrent you're looking for.

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

WWW.TORRENTSPY.COM 

Even better than suprnova i think

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

Ya I give TorrentSpy two thumbs up very good site and awesome news page, dont think they will be going anywhere for a long time.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Something else will come! Pirates don't give up that easily. ::::40::image

you can break down and pay for bearshare, it has no spyware on the pay version. Works fairly well.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    First there was Napster. It died.Then there was Morpheus. It still exists but is full of spyware and lack of content. It's dead theoritically.Then there was Kazaa. It's considered dead too unless you don't mind having spyware on your PC.Then came torrents. And now it's being killed.Something else will come! Pirates don't give up that easily.
     Actually, Napster did die but now it's back.

yes but conceptionally different now I beleive.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• CoraithCoraith Member Posts: 311

There will always be pirates, and ill always be a pirate. Yarr!

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

depends on what you were downloading and where you live as to whether you were breaking the law. Lokitorrent is going to put up a fight. They aren't shutting down even after being served their papers. If you want to support p2p go donate for their defense. I think they've raised around 10k so far. If you live in canada you weren't breaking the law. The movie industry set records in box office revenue and dvd sales this year. This is motivated purely by greed. This is not the same as the RIAA's case. The RIAA could actually show that it was hurting their business. Downloading movies is a totally different ballgame. It's not near as big as music. It takes 10x longer and the quality argument isnt there. AVI files are not near dvd quality. True you can download dvd quality movies .. if you have 30 hours. Do i think its right to download movies? Well to be honest i dont see how its any different than recording HDTV to DVD.. are they going to prevent that next? Personally i think they need to find a way to live with it. They'll never kill the practice they'll only drive it underground. Maybe they should just charge more for product placement in movies and instead of prosecuting pirate distribution use the numbers to justify the higher charge. Make the advertisers pay for it. Getting a little money is better than getting no money.

• mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

::::28:: to you my brother Piracy is a way of life if they silence us then the Government will do what ever they please with us so we gotta fight this
    and does any one kno what Company suede the Bittorent company
    i really wanna kno
    Well.... i never liked Bit torrent but still it hurts to see a freeware/ Piracy site go down
    but in the meanwhile use Limne wire it gets al my need done

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

They will come and go, not sure why they care since they already have loads of cash. as people have said in this post its probably just them bieng greedy and hate not being able to squeeze every penny out of the average joe.

As for me, piracy's gotten me 3 computer formats, i mostyly just bootleg music thats impossible to find, of course I dont do that anymore.

lastly, to get the music on there, SOMEONE has to buy it, right? they are sharing it, to put it one way.

------------------------------------
    768mb DDR RAM
    2.60Ghz
    Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440
    Realtec Audio
    Windows XP home Edition (Emachines)
    "Poor thing died of starvation"
    -Prof. Farnsworth after inspecting Fry's brain-leech

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413
    Congress is/was supposed to vote a law making it illegeal to fast forward commericals on a tivo... THAT IS PATHETIC! :)

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956
    your kidding, now im fearing america is going to become a communist government were we have no rights and are put in the "working class"

------------------------------------
    768mb DDR RAM
    2.60Ghz
    Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440
    Realtec Audio
    Windows XP home Edition (Emachines)
    "Poor thing died of starvation"
    -Prof. Farnsworth after inspecting Fry's brain-leech

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Well you dont really need them sites anyways. Google is all you need. You get up links and everything, as long as you know how to form you search corectly. The sites you mentioned just make it easier for you.

• FaintFaint Member Posts: 82

Wait untill the dust settles. Something will come soon.

---------------------------
    Free Portable Video Player! Contact me through pm if you need help.

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2Ghz
    512MB of Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU 64mb
    Realtek AC'97 Audio
    WinXP Home

Games playing : None. (WoW soon)
    Games BetaTesting : None.

---------------------------

A Paid to Search that pays!

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2Ghz
    512MB of Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU 64mb
    Realtek AC'97 Audio
    WinXP Home

Games playing : None. Please PM if you know any good games.