Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets talk about NCsoft. GW2? What? Something else comes first...

and_reaand_rea Member Posts: 20

Hi you all !!!

As my first post in forums, I'd like to share with you some thoughts about what the hell is happening at NCsoft HQ's :)

Please my apologies for grammar, I'm not English and the old English lessons I got were really decades ago...

I think many of you have noticed there were some time (really some time, about 2 months...) the plaync site was not reachable, and last news there, if you ever was lucky to load pages, were necro.... 

Adding the fact that GW2 never was released, I was suspicious about some kind of NCsoft's demise...

But, just some days ago, everything turned on again, a new graphical view of the site, the store working again and so on, PLUS the fact that Aion CBT has been started after stalling more than one year.

So a bell ringed in my head: what the hell happened?

After digging around the whole inet, it seems some programmers were relocated, or fired (I think the word TR will ring a bell to some of you, too), then EU ops office closed, leaving operative just the one in Austin to handle both markets (what happens to the UK office? I don't know).

Programmers fired, releases never released, office relocations are really no nood signs, in fact Korean stocks market was not lenient to the title. But lets see what do we have now:

Aion finally planned to launch in 4Q 2009, Lineage titles were up and running as usual and, for those who don't know, NCsoft seems got rights to use BOTH Crytek AND Unreal Engine 3 for its developments.

As long as Aion will use Crytek engine, I REALLY expect NCsoft announce, sooner or later, a game based on Unreal.

I hope they comes up with something who really cheers up all old GW players who got so much tired to wait  GW3 that they are now playing something else !!!

Cheers, Andrea

Edit: some grammar, I told you...

Cheers^^

Comments

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by and_rea

Hi you all !!!
    As my first post in forums, I'd like to share with you some thoughts about what the hell is happening at NCsoft HQ's :)
    Please my apologies for grammar, I'm not English and the old English lessons I got were really decades ago...
    I think many of you have noticed there were some time (really some time, about 2 months...) the plaync site was not reachable, and last news there, if you ever was lucky to load pages, were necro.... 
    Never happened for me.
    Adding the fact that GW2 never was released, I was suspicious about some kind of NCsoft's demise...
    Guild wars will see its release in 2010/2011, never been announced otherwise
    But, just some days ago, everything turned on again, a new graphical view of the site, the store working again and so on, PLUS the fact that Aion CBT has been started after stalling more than one year.
    Aion is already running in Asia, NA/EU never been stalled
    So a bell ringed in my head: what the hell happened?
    Nothing wrong if thats what your fishing at
    After digging around the whole inet, it seems some programmers were relocated, or fired (I think the word TR will ring a bell to some of you, too), then EU ops office closed, leaving operative just the one in Austin to handle both markets (what happens to the UK office? I don't know).
    They pulled the plug from TB yes, as far as i know the european office is still there

Programmers fired, releases never released, office relocations are really no nood signs, in fact Korean stocks market was not lenient to the title. But lets see what do we have now:
    What they made they released or going to release
    Aion finally planned to launch in 4Q 2009, Lineage titles were up and running as usual and, for those who don't know, NCsoft seems got rights to use BOTH Crytek AND Unreal Engine 3 for its developments.
    True since Linaege 3 engine got stolen (which NCSoft wrote themselfs) they are going to use the Unreal engine for L3
    As long as Aion will use Crytek engine, I REALLY expect NCsoft announce, sooner or later, a game based on Unreal.
    that will be Lineage 3 release somewhere 2012/2014
    I hope they comes up with something who really cheers up all old GW players who got so much tired to wait  GW3 that they are now playing something else !!!
    I expect an big Guild Wars 2 news update after Aions Global Launch, would be rather silly if they let GW2 compete with AIon at this point .

Cheers, Andrea
    Edit: some grammar, I told you...

• CrosiusCrosius Member Posts: 129

I wouldn't worry about your grammar skills so much. They're near perfect! Besides a few comma splices but no biggie.

• and_reaand_rea Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Leucrotta

...GW2 never was released...
    Guild wars will see its release in 2010/2011, never been announced otherwise

You right, no official announce yet, but really let a player wait years to get get new content is too much imho. Maybe I had to wrote "GW2 was not released in a reasonable time frame after last GW major content update", this makes better the feeling I had about GW2.

... Aion CBT has been started after stalling more than one year.
    Aion is already running in Asia, NA/EU never been stalled

NA/EU site started more than one year ago, btw 'stalling' means we had to wait so long before touch the content after being aware of.
    Nothing bad with this, doin high quality things require its time, it was just evil by them to let us know about so nice goods and let us wait so much, I was drooling :)

But at least when I touched content, I was really satisfied, they done really a great job, and it seems localization/QA teams are really listening to players feedback. Rare quality so far!

I expect an big Guild Wars 2 news update after Aions Global Launch, would be rather silly if they let GW2 compete with AIon at this point .

I don't think the two games compete each other, they are so different on so many aspects that they make 2 different categories imho.

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers, Andrea

Cheers^^

• lagolinaslagolinas Member Posts: 4

Most games are in developement for a while before they are announced to the public. This could not happen with guild wars 2 because they needed to explain why the original guild wars was not going to get any new add-ons. The two years of silence on guild wars 2 was the normal period for developement of a game like this before it is announced. Arena Net is developing the guild wars series so it does not have a lot to do with NCsoft anyway.