Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it a Kroean Grind Game?

XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

Hey! Me and my friends think this game looks really awesome, but I have not had many good experiences with Asian mmo's. I have two questions.

1. Is it a grind game? Are there a lot of quests in the game like WoW, WAR, AoC, EQ etc to keep you going while you lvl, or is it more like the free asian mmo's where you just do the same quests over and over again?

2.  The moving. Is it as fluid as WoW, AoC, WAR, EQ etc, or is it clunky like the Asian mmo's due to it having a click to move mechanism?

Ty for your time :)

Comments

• MrblurayMrbluray Member Posts: 248

If you don't like grinding, you shouldn't be playing RPGs, let alone MMORPGs.

Grinding is a time honoured RPG tradition.

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Originally posted by Xtromass

Hey! Me and my friends think this game looks really awesome, but I have not had many good experiences with Asian mmo's. I have two questions.
    1. Is it a grind game? Are there a lot of quests in the game like WoW, WAR, AoC, EQ etc to keep you going while you lvl, or is it more like the free asian mmo's where you just do the same quests over and over again?
    It is not IMO more of a grind than any other mmorpg. "Grind" is part of the game. There are lot's of quests, many with fairly nice story lines. Most are one time only quests.
    2.  The moving. Is it as fluid as WoW, AoC, WAR, EQ etc, or is it clunky like the Asian mmo's due to it having a click to move mechanism?
    Very fluid movement and combat IMO.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

just get a bot, and it won't be so grindy.  According to that one dude's post about bots,

aion will be screwed by goldfarmers and RMT folks.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Aion has grind that feels like grind.

Still waiting for the MMO that can make grind not feel like grind =/

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Xtromass

1.  Yes & No:  It's not like wow = fast , and it's not like L2 = slow,  when It comes to lvls to max.  There is grinding for gear.

1a.  Yes there are lots of quest in the game now with the added 1.5v patch.  There are repeatable quest but not a lot of them ( most repeatable quest are there to get some gold real fast or getting weapons & armor < coin quests are repeatable and will give you Green, Blue, and Gold gear).

2.  Movement is fluid, click to move can be turned off (preferred by most players). 

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• DarkogieDarkogie Member Posts: 81

I felt the grind was about the same as vanilla WoW's grind. That wasn't with the version 1.5 patch, which is suppose to give an xp boost. I'll see how much different it is once OB starts on the 6th.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492

No WASD movement?

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• kfultskfults Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by twiggy550

No WASD movement?

You can select which control scheme you prefer, you can have it control exactly like wow or go for click to move, the only thing so far I didn't have set up like in WoW I had auto run set on my middle mouse button, but I'm sure there is a way to get that to work.

Over all the control is as good as any other mmorpg I've played and its very easy to go from playing WoW to Aion as far as control is concerned.

• gakulegakule Member UncommonPosts: 92

You must've not played EQ if you really think there are a "lot of quests to keep you going when leveling" because honestly, there really aren't.

You also must be a complete idiot if you think that in ANY MMO you aren't doing the same quests over and over. You can take a duck, change the color of it, and put it in a different part of the world... but it's still a duck. Questing in any game, even WoW, is doing the same shit, just in a different place. Sure, you have "reasons" to do so, but give me an example of a quest in the game that is completely unlike any other quest.

Kill x of y and come back to me, or go to here.

Kill y until z drops, bring it to me or take it to him.

Kill y and collect z, and bring it back to me or take it there.

Travel to town a and do their quests.

It really doesn't get much different.

Another thing to note, every game has a grind- some just grind in different ways. WoW, you grind quests. EQ, you grind mobs. L2, you grind mobs.

However, Aion is a great game, definitely worth the try if you've actually tried those other games. You'll be happy.

Edit: Aren't there like 50 threads on this by now?

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by kfults

Originally posted by twiggy550

No WASD movement?

You can select which control scheme you prefer, you can have it control exactly like wow or go for click to move, the only thing so far I didn't have set up like in WoW I had auto run set on my middle mouse button, but I'm sure there is a way to get that to work.

Over all the control is as good as any other mmorpg I've played and its very easy to go from playing WoW to Aion as far as control is concerned.

Ah, good deal. Thanks for clarifying that for me

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Darkogie

I felt the grind was about the same as vanilla WoW's grind. That wasn't with the version 1.5 patch, which is suppose to give an xp boost. I'll see how much different it is once OB starts on the 6th.

This is probably the case. It feels like original WoW in leveling. It is NOT a grind game in that the only thing one can do is to grind mobs. There are plenty of quests and with 1.5 release there should be more than enough quests.

You aren't going to zip up in levels but you won't be dying and spending a week on one level.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MrPhireMrPhire Member Posts: 212

Imo, the game is probably the classic mmo in a way. We all know our stale little friend "grind". He's been around for ages. He's not a bad person. A bit boring at times. But definitly a neccesary dude to have around. It's just one of those mechanics that haven't been surpassed just yet. From what I read and hear, the game isn't grind intensive like FFXI, but it still remininces the Vanilla WoW feel. To be honest I don't have anything against grinding in Vanilla WoW... You could always quest, but in those days only a handful of quests didn't involve grinding anyway. Also from what I have heard through review on youtube, that the game is very story impacted. And the quests actually bring on a good PvE aspect. From what I hear as well, patch 1.5 is very instance heavy. Hence the 5gigs needed from CB-OB. So I have a feeling it creates a feel similar to Vanilla WoW's setting. The biggest difference is the PvP stand point. Which in my opinion really makes this game another game with PvP standpoint, but in Aion's case one of the first new MMOs able to have a pvp standpoint and a pve section. Something other games which wont be mentioned failed at. Hope that helped.

Playing: Guild Wars and Exteel
    Loved: WoW, Guild Wars, FFXI, and Lineage 2
    Liked: Exteel, WAR, and Lineage 1
    Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.
    Waiting For: Aion, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and SW:TOR