Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download 1.5 for OB

dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

I heard it was 1.5 for OB, this is correct yes? So I went to try and find the patch to download but all I can find is the WHOLE client, do I have to uninstall the version of aion I have at the moment and reinstall the whole thing again?

Comments

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

There's a thread around here with a torrent link, but besides that you can just run the NCSoft launcher and let it patch. Not like there is a rush anyway since OB isnt until next Sunday.

And yes you can just download a patch and not the entire client.

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

aiononline.com check it, please..

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by Dreamion

aiononline.com check it, please..

Yeah I checked that but the file size was like 9GB , the same as I've already downloaded - is it supposed to be that big?

• Little11Little11 Member Posts: 51

Yes, 9gb aionfull install and 3gb ob patch. Can be downloaded here: eu.aiononline.com/en/news/open-beta-client-now-available-for-download.html

Yeah sorry guys - when I went on fileplanet before I didn't think to search for aion patches - i figured the link to the download would be the only one FP would have (never used it before). 

I still hold my ground though that it seems a bit stupid that the news article doesn't actually provide a link to the patch, only to the full client.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

if your a ncsoft client just register on ncsoft and ncsoft does it all for you auto update if needed etc

make sure to chose proper country and all lot of player have problem there

• YamiOfHellYamiOfHell Member Posts: 48

um.. this is taken from aiononline.com: http://eu.aiononline.com/en/news/open-beta-client-now-available-for-download.html

Following our recent announcement regarding the commencement of Aion's open beta, we have taken steps to ensure a smooth setup and preparation process for all participants. While our Launcher will incrementally update your client, the new and patched Aion open beta client has been distributed to a select few partners around the web to prepare for our open beta test. To get your hands on it, you may visit FilePlanet or download it from GamersHell (available later this week).

We have also added a new option that the Aion community has long anticipated: downloading the full open beta client via our BitTorrent tracker (md5 checksum). We have even arranged for a torrent patch for those of you who already have the closed beta client installed but want to get prepared for open beta!

As added extra spice, FilePlanet will--in addition to distributing the client--be giving away a load of open beta keys starting on Tuesday, September 1, 2009. Get on the starting line if you do not have an eligible Aion account already! Eligible accounts include any previous closed beta participants and those who have preordered or prepurchased Aion.

Remember to update your Aion game password if your Aion account was created prior to July 29, 2009.

click the words "torrent patch" in the second paragraph. its a torrent.. for a patch from the CB  to the OB

• FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Member Posts: 339

Apologies for possible thread hijack but this seemed a much more suitable one than creating a brand new thread.

I just tried launching Aion again (I've dled and installed the latest patch I was just checking to see if that hulking great peice of **** that is GG had stopped buggering up my system) and noticed that the Aion symbol had a little red dot next to in in the launcher - apparently saying that the patch servers are offline.  Anyone else getting this?  If so I wonder what it signifies?

Originally posted by YamiOfHell

um.. this is taken from aiononline.com: http://eu.aiononline.com/en/news/open-beta-client-now-available-for-download.html
    Following our recent announcement regarding the commencement of Aion's open beta, we have taken steps to ensure a smooth setup and preparation process for all participants. While our Launcher will incrementally update your client, the new and patched Aion open beta client has been distributed to a select few partners around the web to prepare for our open beta test. To get your hands on it, you may visit FilePlanet or download it from GamersHell (available later this week).
    We have also added a new option that the Aion community has long anticipated: downloading the full open beta client via our BitTorrent tracker (md5 checksum). We have even arranged for a torrent patch for those of you who already have the closed beta client installed but want to get prepared for open beta!
    As added extra spice, FilePlanet will--in addition to distributing the client--be giving away a load of open beta keys starting on Tuesday, September 1, 2009. Get on the starting line if you do not have an eligible Aion account already! Eligible accounts include any previous closed beta participants and those who have preordered or prepurchased Aion.
    Remember to update your Aion game password if your Aion account was created prior to July 29, 2009.
    click the words "torrent patch" in the second paragraph. its a torrent.. for a patch from the CB  to the OB

Oh, I apologise. It's fine anyway - downloading it from FilePlanet - at 95% :)