Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for all 'newbies' that invades AO lately

chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Tips for 'newbies'

1: If you find any other MMORPG outthere too complex, do not play AO. Cancel account.

2: IF you havent read the manual... Read it! If youre too lazy to read it, then you should also cancel account.

3: Stay 'neutral' as long as possible. You will learn how each side acts, what their benefits are, and what type of people you really want to play with. Neutrals seems to have the best Role Players as well. I started early as neut, changed side, unfortunately to a side that didnt suit me well at all.

4. Send direct tells to people that seems 'helpful'. It makes wonders, instead of flooding the channels with all kind of stupid questions, cause you dont qualifie to Tip 1 & 2.

5. Start a character that has 'easy' to play rating. MA's are a great choice, since you dont need any weapons at all, and they are THE top dmg dealer. Stay totally away from agent unless youre virtually dreaming of struggling until lvl 200 before youre able to shine.

6. Do not play on RK2 at all. Server is dieing. Even if youre from Europe. I have played since 14 days after release on RK1, even though Im from EU myself. There is mass migration from RK2 to RK1. And more is coming.

7. Do NOT play doctor if youre not a support type, able to stay 100% concentrated for 5+ hrs during raids, not fond of having it ALOT hectic and cant deal with being blamed for stupid players dieng at their own fault because they think the Doc can save their asses no matter what they do.

8. Play doctor if you do meet the criterias set in tip 7. The reward at the very top lvl is awesome: Probably only class being able to solo all different mobs ingame.

9. If you hate PvP, dont even think about doing it. Tons of gankers ingame, whosso overequipped that I wonder how they managed to being able to equip it. It will prolly only ruin your fun to play AO anyways!

10. Chill out sometime ingame. Be social, try to get new friends & browse the official forum. Introduce yourself in the 'Professional Forum' which your 'main' character belongs to.

11: Look after tips in the 'Knowledge Forum' before you start asking in channels. You will most certainly get as answer to do this anyways, cince 99.9% of all stuff is discussed there or on a fan site that is linked there.

12: If you dont like my tips but still wants/ enjoys to play AO, then dont flame me. Cause since youre still in AO, youre doing it right, which means that you are having fun!

Welcome & good luck to all you 'newcomers' in AO  image

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Well when I was playing AO Neutrals where quite rare (3-9% of entire population), start one toon on each side instead so you have someone to talk to. Also the neuts have(/had?) lower xp bonus . Server 2 has always been dead compared to Rubi-Ka1.

Forget pvp on the free account, the extra skills & items from ShadowLands & Alien expansions will tear you apart (twinking in pvp is a huge issue also).

Download clicksaver, helps you find specific mission awards. Dont buy armor from shop use clicksaver, depending on race some armor is easier to put on.
    Download Nano Nanny (not sure on spelling) to help out with implants. (Implants raise various skills & stats).

(green stat = less points nedeed to level it up & higher stat max, darker color = lower max stat + much more expensive).

DO NOT USE a Reset Point if you are below level 100, you get so few its better to use it/them at higher levels.

Do ALOT of missions so you have tokens which upgrade your sided pade with bonuses & get items from those missions for cash. (weapons with stat bonuses sell for alot, only used to put on better armor not combat).

• SeldonaSeldona Member Posts: 35

Excellent post, and great tips.

Especially the part about playing a Doctor.

Not a good choice for a starter character. I started AO years ago as a doc, but had tons of support from an uber guild, so had no trouble.

The only other thing I would add is implants, implants, implants.

They really make the character, and without them the game is uber hard. In the basic shops there are Profession implants now, and they go until level 100.

While they are not right in every case, all that it takes is a little tweaking here and there to get your basic set up created.

And get clicksaver and use it. You can get a majority of your nanos and gear that way, and not only not have to buy them, but get paid for the mission on top of it.

And do find the static dungeons and get groups there. Some of the gear in them is awesome!

Enjoy!

• KamynKamyn Member UncommonPosts: 27

Read through the forums and you'll find yourself lots of guides. From how to make cash, to specific classes, to newb walk throughs.

One of my fav MMORPG's to date.

• saffonsaffon Member Posts: 12

I signed up for the free 2 year thing, and I'm still a noob..

This game is kinda intimidating once you press the level up button... so I highly recomend reading the noob guide lol.

cheese?!