Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

end game?

blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

so a friend of mine said that there was an actual game ending to this game...is there not going to be raiding and stuff like that..?i hope this isnt true.

Comments

• Remii718Remii718 Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by blix2006

so a friend of mine said that there was an actual game ending to this game...is there not going to be raiding and stuff like that..?i hope this isnt true.

If Bioware wants to fail and retain near no WoW players they will leave out raiding and endgame pvp. I think Bioware is smarter than that. So I'm sure they will have progression raids, gear sets and fvf pvp engame.

If not WoW will destroy TOR when its expansion releases. Look what happened to AoC and WAR with shitty to no endgame shit all the wow players rushed to cap and left lol.

Playing: WoW, EvE

Interested in: TOR, ER, GW2, WoD, Dust514

• NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

They've hinted that alot of their end-game designs revolve around PVP, and there will be raids and other "epic" content for people who finish the story arcs and don't want to start a new class. But they've said that their raids would not involve groups ganging up on single bosses and that there would be large scale battles and whatnot. We'll see.

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by Narshe

They've hinted that alot of their end-game designs revolve around PVP, and there will be raids and other "epic" content for people who finish the story arcs and don't want to start a new class. But they've said that their raids would not involve groups ganging up on single bosses and that there would be large scale battles and whatnot. We'll see.

Ive read that somewhere also. i believe from a computer game magazine.

We'll get more info as bioware sees fit.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Yet again, we don't know. They haven't released that much about the game. Unlike others here, I don't think its going to be PvP though that may be an aspect of it.

For gods sakes people, chill and wait instead of spreading unsubstatiated rumor.

• MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99

Id be amazed if Bioware blatantly ignored this issue. Chances are they are gonna add end game for the sole reason to pull in WoW players. But I dont know, there isnt enough info out there. If you go off the SW movies and universe, Im not even sure what they can add that would be considered end game besides PvP.

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

What developers should be paying attention to for end game content outside of PvP would be some instances for gear progression and such.  Much like WoW, if you have a variety of different things to offer the players, you'll be able to suit their wants and needs more to keep subscription rates up.  I would hope they are taking that into account.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by MasterchiefM

Id be amazed if Bioware blatantly ignored this issue. Chances are they are gonna add end game for the sole reason to pull in WoW players. But I dont know, there isnt enough info out there. If you go off the SW movies and universe, Im not even sure what they can add that would be considered end game besides PvP.

In the interview Lead writer Daniel Erickson mention or hinted the yes there will be end game along with Raids. Imagination heehee is the keyword here Star Wars is a ever growing universe well beyond what George Lucas originated it to be. Ask yourself this question could there be a Yoda or for that matter whatever species Yoda is class?? Now you have your answer to your question as Master Yoda once said "it is only what you bring with you."

• David1001David1001 Member Posts: 7

As many have stated they have made hits about there being end game and that the type of endgame will not be what we have seen in other MMO's. I think however for the most part it wil be 5 players vs 5 enemies and up you may sometimes have single bosses in games such as WoW.

An example of this could be a very strong boss such as General Grevious, he had 4 arms when he was fighting against Obi Wan perhaps we could see a mechanical boss in the game with many arms

Action is the real measure of intelligence.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

thanks for the responses guys.i havent been excited for an mmo in years..and hoping this game lives up to its hype.

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by Relampago

Watch this, they mention end game raids.
    http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/698730/GamesCom-2009-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Interview.html
    /endthread

indeed, endgame raid mentioned... interesting, first Ive heard about endgame content... altough it wouldve been nice hearing more then a single sentence

• VespersVespers Member Posts: 246

I do remember them saying that there will indeed be an "End to the game" and it wasnt classified as the typical MMO Endgame.
    What that meant to me was that each class storyline will have an end to it but that you will be able to still play SW:TOR with your character only that it wouldnt be involved in a linear storyline anymore.
    Now, in regards to the endgame content, which sounds like massive PvP battles as well as raiding, they have also stated that there wouldnt be any type of BiG Baddie Boss Mob that 6 players team up to kill. However, it could mean that there will be group styled raids like bunkers to storm in order to kill a specific NPC, or a military science lab to raid in order to steal some particular item.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

GFW: Repetition of the same instances and raid dungeons is a huge part on what constitutes "end-game content" when you reach a level cap in an MMO. What's your plan for end-game content?

JO: We have big plans for end-game content that we can't talk about because it's a major part of our design. We think it's a very important aspect of the game, and we don't want players to be stuck grinding through the same content over and over again -- I know when I hit level 60 in WoW, I pretty much quit. So whatever end-game model we have, it's not going to be that.

www.1up.com/do/newsStory

I hope that's still the case. That was pre EA or even before we knew the IP.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.