Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NWN2

GrubbsGradyGrubbsGrady Member UncommonPosts: 371

Hey there folks, I have been looking for something to play during my MMO downtime and came across NWN2. I did not play the first one and really know nothing about the game. There is no demo for it so I have no idea if I will actually like the gameplay.

1. I wanted to ask a few people who do have the game if they could help me out with understanding it a bit more. Some forums have stated it is less of a game and more of a place to play DnD. I have never played a game of actual DnD, so if this is the case would it be a hard game to pick up on?

2.  The game says that it follows the DnD rulebook? How does this work in a game like this?

3.  There is a possibility that I would be playing with my friend and girlfriend, how will the co-op work for that, and I hear the    story is only made for one person. Will they see the same cutscenes as I do?

4.  I saw in a movie people pausing the game to give their party members orders, is this a main part of the game? I prefer to just play through without the pauses during combat.

If this isn't the game for my position, what would you guys reccomend? I was also looking into The Witcher and Drakensang. I loved oblivion, liked mass effect, hated fallout 3, and prefer the game to have decent graphics. (No NWN1, Titan Quest, Ultima)

Added note: I prefer the games to not be restricted to a top down camera angle, I like to actually see my character with some detail if its not a first person game :)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help a lost gamer out!

Comments

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

I can only speak (well, am only going to) to #4.

The game, as it says, is based off the 3.5 ruleset for the pencil and paper game. That ruleset is a turned based ruleset. It has built in "pauses". NWN or NWN2 isn't like Diablo or Titan Quest. Those pauses are made for a reason. So, I'm not saying you can't try to play it like you state, but I will say you better have one finger stuck to your quick save key and you better save the game every 2 minutes or so.

Basically, being able to pause the game allows you time to make decisions for effective play.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm if i recall there are ton of site with new map etc ,you can add your own content ,give me 2 sec i ll get the box set of it i ll tell you the site

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

www.nwn2.com the extra gaming zone you might have to dig in that site a bit but unless it changed its there