Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

omfg... Q4 release?!?! /fail /fail /fail

12345679»

Comments

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I think they know how jaded and unforgiving NA MMORPG fans are. After being burned by Tabula Rasa, can you really blame them for wanting to make sure they get the release here as close to perfect as possible?

We may see this approach with more MMOs in the future. Work out balance and bugs in over seas markets, before sharing it with us brutal and unforgiving North American consumers.

Probably wise from a  business stand point, but sad for those of us impatiently waiting to play.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Mr.MidnightMr.Midnight Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by fiontar

I think they know how jaded and unforgiving NA MMORPG fans are. After being burned by Tabula Rasa, can you really blame them for wanting to make sure they get the release here as close to perfect as possible?
    We may see this approach with more MMOs in the future. Work out balance and bugs in over seas markets, before sharing it with us brutal and unforgiving North American consumers.
    Probably wise from a  business stand point, but sad for those of us impatiently waiting to play.

Why do people still continue to believe the other 3/4s of the planet are beta testers for the US?

It is a Korean based company, so naturally it will be released there first.  The delay's at NCWest are due to internal problems.

• RokchantRokchant Member Posts: 19

Hate to dig up this thread but, I remember being yelled at for wanting western character style changes. NCSOFT came out with this statement for open beta today

Aion's Open Beta Test featuring version 1.5 will take place September 6 - 13 and will include numerous Western enhancements, including improvements to Aion's innovative character customization with a host of Western styles, as well as new zones, instances, skills, quests and continued game balancing and improvements

Haha, looks like I was right. They are changing a host of things for western gameplay. This is good news.

• KhaunsharKhaunshar Member UncommonPosts: 349
    Originally posted by Rokchant

Hate to dig up this thread but, I remember being yelled at for wanting western character style changes. NCSOFT came out with this statement for open beta today

Aion's Open Beta Test featuring version 1.5 will take place September 6 - 13 and will include numerous Western enhancements, including improvements to Aion's innovative character customization with a host of Western styles, as well as new zones, instances, skills, quests and continued game balancing and improvements

Haha, looks like I was right. They are changing a host of things for western gameplay. This is good news.

Errr no. They are ADDING stuff, which is good. They arent changing stuff, as in replacing previously asian stuff. If they would have replaced existing asian-styled stuff with western stuff, it wouldnt be a good change really. Its a bunch of hairstyles, new faces and thats about it.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050
    Originally posted by Rokchant

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by vonomous

They say its taking a long time to localize because they want it to perfectly fit our culture.  WTF...  I don't care if the cut-scenes are culturally specific, I don't even care if the cut-scenes are in the game at all.  I'm trying to play a game here ffs!  If I want a soap opera, thats what the idiot box is for!
    Here's the news:
    www.aionsource.com/forum/news-announcements/11593-aiononline-com-news-letter-our-fans.html
    I think it's time to just bite the bullet and do whatever it takes to get on the Korean server now.  I don't need to read quest text to swat mobs and PvP in the abyss.  Just bring the damn game on already.

Calm down and take a spaz pill.

Q4 starts in just over a month.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

The official Aion site says the game is being released Sept 22nd in USA and Sept. 25th in Europe. So what's the problem here?

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

@ the last 2 posters... you guys didn't look at the dates of the posts...

the last post before Rokchant, who rezzed this dead thread, was 5/06/09... almost 4 months ago.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by lornphoenix

@ the last 2 posters... you guys didn't look at the dates of the posts...
    the last post before Rokchant, who rezzed this dead thread, was 5/06/09... almost 4 months ago.

I was going to say something, but I was hoping they'd figure it out on their own after the thread necro picture.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by drel

The official Aion site says the game is being released Sept 22nd in USA and Sept. 25th in Europe. So what's the problem here?

The problem is that some folks browse topics and miss dates and last post information.  it's like tripping over a 'Happy Birthday' thread and wishing someone a Happy Birthday.... when that birthday thread is 6mths old X-)

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Wait who has a birthday? Will there be cake?

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

They say its taking a long time to localize because they want it to perfectly fit our culture.  WTF...  I don't care if the cut-scenes are culturally specific, I don't even care if the cut-scenes are in the game at all.  I'm trying to play a game here ffs!  If I want a soap opera, thats what the idiot box is for!
    Here's the news:
    www.aionsource.com/forum/news-announcements/11593-aiononline-com-news-letter-our-fans.html
    I think it's time to just bite the bullet and do whatever it takes to get on the Korean server now.  I don't need to read quest text to swat mobs and PvP in the abyss.  Just bring the damn game on already.

How old are you? 9? Tell your mom to up your dosage of ritalin.

• demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Sigilaea

Here's the news:

Some people still dont get it lol.

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by demarc01

Originally posted by Sigilaea

Here's the news:

Some people still dont get it lol.

Sure I do but my post is timeless :D

• MrPhireMrPhire Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by neoterrar

Wait who has a birthday? Will there be cake?

THE CAKE IS A LIE

To this whole post.  The poster is what we call in the mmorpg world a person who should rather just play on private servers were none of the story matters. A MMMORPG has to have culturally correct story so they don't offend players. Not only that so we actually understand the innuendos and irony in the storyline.

Playing: Guild Wars and Exteel
    Loved: WoW, Guild Wars, FFXI, and Lineage 2
    Liked: Exteel, WAR, and Lineage 1
    Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.
    Waiting For: Aion, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and SW:TOR