Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PvP game on the market.

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Just wantng peoples opinion on the best PvP game out atm. Since my days back in DAOC I haven t found anything remotely close. Imiss the rush of enemies coming over the hill, taking keeps etc. Who can tell me a good PvP game out there worth trying I might have missed or maybe has gotten better.

Comments

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I'd say Warhammer Online but Aion is coming out soon.

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Leucent

Just wantng peoples opinion on the best PvP game out atm. Since my days back in DAOC I haven t found anything remotely close. Imiss the rush of enemies coming over the hill, taking keeps etc. Who can tell me a good PvP game out there worth trying I might have missed or maybe has gotten better.

When it comes to MMOs....nothing right now.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

Warhammer Online has PvP in mind, but it wasn't executed properly and I think a lot of people would agree with me on that.

I'll agree with you that he should probably wait until Aion releases for another competent PvP game.

There's always EVE, but that's a niche game in an already niche genre.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by twiggy550

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Warhammer Online has PvP in mind, but it wasn't executed properly and I think a lot of people would agree with me on that.

I'll agree with you that he should probably wait until Aion releases for another competent PvP game.

There's always EVE, but that's a niche game in an already niche genre.

/agree

WARs PvP isn't challenging enough to keep anyone interested for enough period of time.

Well, challenging in the ways that matter.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Arenastyle = Guildwars

Open Rvr = Still Daoc, WAR had some points but Daoc was better.

Guildwars 2 will bring both in the future.

Then there is of course Eve, Eve have great PvP but is very time consuming.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

it's not out until the 22nd in the US and the 25th in EU

The game you seek is Aion

Contested raids

World shaping PVP

PVPVE with 2 realms and a 3rd AI realm

Control points for realm access to certain content

balanced calsses

meaningful fights involving reactions and tactic's the high spike damage classes really are glass cannon's the tanks are tanks and each class has their role to play.

Combine that with the unique builds attainable through stigma's and it really is a awesome game for the PVP'r I'ts the closest anything has come to the fun of DAOC rvr for me.

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by thamighty213

it's not out until the 22nd in the US and the 25th in EU

The game you seek is Aion

Contested raids

World shaping PVP

PVPVE with 2 realms and a 3rd AI realm

Control points for realm access to certain content

balanced calsses

meaningful fights involving reactions and tactic's the high spike damage classes really are glass cannon's the tanks are tanks and each class has their role to play.

Combine that with the unique builds attainable through stigma's and it really is a awesome game for the PVP'r I'ts the closest anything has come to the fun of DAOC rvr for me.

Of course we don't know how long the classes will stay balanced, but having them balanced across the first 3 patches is definitely something not attained by many MMO's and is worthy of our appreciation. But otherwise, I agree with everything stated here.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Darkfall Online, hands down.  It mirrors the skill system of UO, with the siege system of Shadowbane.  Some people still claim that UO was the best PVP game ever, and Darkfall is nudging up there to second place slowly.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I ve considered trying DAOC again with the mega merge, I m still playing WAR sorta, DFO didn t like at all , heard it s gotten better though. Aion hmm thats a tough one I actually got bored of it in beta, might have been not seeing the big content. I play WOW with the wife she likes to raid/pve, but I m missing that rush of good pvp, that I can play when she s not around. I guess thats about it, wish one would just jump out and bite me in the ass to play.

• XaroXXaroX Member Posts: 10

Eve. By far. Just required a fair amount of patience if you don't want to replace your ship every 10 minutes.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Can EVE be played somewhat casually, any game I play for the PvP will be when the wife isn t home or at work?

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Can EVE be played somewhat casually, any game I play for the PvP will be when the wife isn t home or at work?

Yep.  The only catch is you have to be able to afford to lose what you fly.  So naturally, the more time you put into the game, the better ships you can afford to lose.

But even lowly T1 frigates have a solid place in EvE PvP.  So it works out very well.

Eve is a slower paced game though, if you want instant gratification it probably isn't for you.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971

Guild Wars might be for you as you can jump into pvp with a top level character. These are not as good as the levelled up characters though.

Maybe somebody who still plays it can clarify?

• HoundeyeHoundeye Member Posts: 110

RFonline brillant PvPvP game skills are somewhat balanced, takes more then 1v1 to kill someone of the same lvl and you get points for PvP at certain times giving you a reward!

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I ve considered trying DAOC again with the mega merge, I m still playing WAR sorta, DFO didn t like at all , heard it s gotten better though. Aion hmm thats a tough one I actually got bored of it in beta, might have been not seeing the big content. I play WOW with the wife she likes to raid/pve, but I m missing that rush of good pvp, that I can play when she s not around. I guess thats about it, wish one would just jump out and bite me in the ass to play.

Aion doesnt really start until 25 and classes really begin to get there myriad of end game skill's abeit lower forms of it and PVP opens up.

TBH I find Aion's hook quite poor and the one thing I could be scathing on about it they could honestly just dispense with those first 25 levels as they teach you very little about how you will play your class come end game.

Not to say its not semi entertaining but really its just no needed or they could have at least thrown some arena pvp in from 10

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Houndeye

RFonline brillant PvPvP game skills are somewhat balanced, takes more then 1v1 to kill someone of the same lvl and you get points for PvP at certain times giving you a reward!

I like RF Online, but it's more of an out-dated game these days. Point to click movement, weird potion system and skills menu, few skills and fewer battle animations. If you can grind enough to make it to end-game then sure, the fun picks up but the beginning is a sad and barren one. 

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

EvE also offers the option to skip the ISK-making part of the game by selling game time to other players. A 60-day GTC will sell for about 600-650M ISK, which is enough to pay for 12 or 15 T2 fitted & rigged battlecruisers, which

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Lineage 2, EvE or WoW(yes, I went there.). GW these days is...well, not exactly awesome.

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

There is no contest for EVE, if you are looking for open world FFA PvP with consequences and where also diplomacy plays an important role. Most realistic sandbox system to date. The only problem is that it is fairly hard to get into.

For BGs/Arenas, I would have to say that WoW does it best today. If you like Arena type of PvP, that depicts small groups against each other, go with WoW.

For open world PvP, you might also check out Aion. That promises a lot what DAOC delivered plus something in addition. PvP in this game is a lot less instanced than it is in WoW. And you fight for dynamic goals like relics and fortresses.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

EVE online is the best PVP mmog out there right now,the main skill required to play is a high IQ or be in a fleet with alot of high IQ people who know what to do.

If you cant think for yourself,figure stuff out,anticipate,trick etc. then your screwed.Not to mention EVE's pvp affects everyone in the game.

Oh yeah,and if you buy isk and a char before knowing the game,we will see you back on the forums in about 1 day QQing,dont do it .

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

EVE or darkfall imo.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by demolishIX

EVE online is the best PVP mmog out there right now,the main skill required to play is a high IQ or be in a fleet with alot of high IQ people who know what to do.

If you cant think for yourself,figure stuff out,anticipate,trick etc. then your screwed.Not to mention EVE's pvp affects everyone in the game.

Oh yeah,and if you buy isk and a char before knowing the game,we will see you back on the forums in about 1 day QQing,dont do it .

not really, its experience+read howto guides.

Although Il have to admit its the by far best PvP MMORPG out there, Id say the best sandbox game too, by miles.

Some good feedback, ty for this. What I ve taken from it, is EVE seems to be the front runner but can take some time. DFO has it s moments (haven t played it in a long time, might have improved?) Aion after 25, which I can handle as DAOC was similar, nothing till Thid, unless you wanted to get 1 shot. Hard decision , just want a game I can casually play for my PvP fix and still play that other game with the wife. Was in a fortress fight last nite in WAR and suprisingly I didn t lag at all. Could be my new Quad core system or the new tweaks, maybe both. Thanks for all the responses, keep them coming if anyone has anymore thoughts.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

maybe some of the games being released later this year will suit you better such as earthrise or mortal online, but how casual they are remains to be seen.  Pity neocron 2 doesn't have many subs atm as that could have suited you perfectly.

You could always look into games like quake live(meant to be v good), warrock etc for that pvp fix

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

For me, Planetside. Which considering its age is enough to make you want to puke blood.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”