Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dreamlords: The Reawakening: Review

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com reviewer Sean Bulger writes this look at Lockpick Entertainment's Dreamlords, an MMORTS.

While most MMOs are RPGs, RPGs are not the only genre that can be MMOs. We've seen games in the past tackle other concepts, like the MMOFPS, PlanetSide, but one genre has proven to be elusive: the MMORTS. There have been only a small handful of games to try this and basically all of them have been smaller indie projects, and none of them have been successful. Dreamlords is another one of those smaller projects, but this one brings a number of interesting ideas to the playfield that, at least on paper, sound like they might be pretty interesting.

Dreamlords offers an interesting dual-interface, allowing you to interact with it from virtually anywhere. It also tries to create a somewhat-persistent world that allows players to expand their empires and wage battles against each other. It really does have some interesting ideas, however to say that they actually hold up would be far, far from the truth. While Dreamlords does what it claims to do, and on a limited level can be mildly entertaining, it simply isn't that much fun a game.

Read the Review

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• thorosuchthorosuch Member UncommonPosts: 127

Don't even waste your time...the game stinks.

Getting old is mandatory...growing up is optional.

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

After I read the review, I looked at the scoring report and damned if it wasn't a perfect, quick look at the article.

While I've not played the game, I appreciate the review and the way this was written. Thanks for taking the time to review the game and post your experience.

so...

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Persistent world games look like fun until you find yourself constantly checking to see if everything is all right.  Then it becomes a chore and next a ball and chain around your neck. 

• TBC_DRTBC_DR Member Posts: 1

The game is okay, and there is some strategi in it but only in the pvp part.. It takes some time to get "in" to,,. i have never seen a game like this before..