Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

<=|::::::::::> THEY have called the DOG OUT! <::::::::::|=>

ALRIGHT! LET'S GO!

You boys know the rules. Watch your low blows, kidney punches, rabbit punches. In case of a knockdown, you go to the corner I tell you... and you stay there until I tell you to come out. Shake hands and let's have a good fight!

It's Cartoons vs Barbies! It's West against East! It's Blondie vs Violet!

So who are you going to LOVE NOW? And more importantly WHY?

R.I.P Chikaca Whachuchuimage

Comments

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Soo....you're asking us which set of imaginary boobs we like best?

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

neither.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

WoW is old and sagging badly, and Aion looks hot, but is too high-maintenence.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• ChrismooreChrismoore Member Posts: 14

/lol fail thread /next

• mortharxmortharx Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by ChrisMattern

Soo....you're asking us which set of imaginary boobs we like best?

Well we all play games for different reasons.. if thats your reason then I'd like to know which one you like better? :)

R.I.P Chikaca Whachuchuimage

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Im going with Aion

1. PvP focus, as opposed to pve focus
    2. Skill based pvp very close to DAOC levels, where fewer #'s can kill > numbers if they play well, thus allowing people to counter zerging.
    3. Better crafting system
    4. Better immersion, now, this one is a small one, but its still cool. When it rains, your toons react by covering their heads, when you are hunting in the desert they fan themselves, etc etc. Small but cool regardless.
    5. Better graphics
    6. Hotter women
    7. Better flying implementation
    8. Flying combat
    9. New crafting implementation that allows you to more or less do work for the npc's at an extremely lower cost to you, but you still skill up <-- genius
    10. Instanced early level zones, so if my quest area is camped heavily in zone one, I can move to zone 2 to finish my queting with out having to get in a fight with a ksing 10 year old
    11. Amazing combat effects, the skill animations are gorgeous
    12. Item upgrades with +1 - +10
    13. Crafting has a purpose (see #12)
    14. Rifts, offering non-consentual pvp in a way most folks can stomach it
    15. Castles to fight over with a reason, similar to that of DAOC in direct contrast to that of WAR

Think that about sums it up for me.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

ahh didnt realize this was a boobs only thread... in that case AIOn still wins

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by Pyrostasis
    ahh didnt realize this was a boobs only thread... in that case AIOn still wins

Aion isn't fantastic, but it's still light years ahead of WoW. Much better crafting, much better PvP, much better combat systems (combos alone would do it). It's just a better game, hands down. Still not "revolutionary" like I keep hearing people say it is, but much better than WoW.

EDIT: I meant to say something about how Aion has better boobs too. Of course, the cartoony style of WoW, again, loses by default.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• MGoranMGoran Member Posts: 13

Aion, I cant atleast casually play that..

• eqfanaatikkoeqfanaatikko Member Posts: 33

Aion by far.. can't stand wow cartoons.. + Aion has meaningful pvp where wow does not.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Having shiny green eyes, huge spiky ears and read/orange hair clearly beats dark blue hair, an amazingly dumb expression and a horrible haircut.

Someone go alert the wowboys.. Or this will be a K.O. in the 2nd round!

• boobookachooboobookachoo Member Posts: 70

Aion PvP.

Aion GamePlay.

Aion Boobs.

Aion > WoW

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Does Aion have an item mall?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by eqfanaatikko

Someone go alert the wowboys.. Or this will be a K.O. in the 2nd round!

This.. ^^

and to the OP - Aion is by far the best MMO I've played since when I first started WoW 5 years ago.... Fantastic game, I just wish it wasn't so far away :( 30 more days... /shrug

• XantheousXantheous Member Posts: 121

It's a dumb question, and the scales are balanced towards Aion. I am not fan of WoW but you are talking about a engine that is..I dunno 5-6 years old? Of course ion looks better but will it stand the test of time? That is the real question.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by aleos

neither.

i support this post

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Of course Aion boobs win.

Not many MMO's you can make a short person with big boobs.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

The Aion graphics are better of course, but i love that type of art style. Unfortunately the graphics were not enough to sell me on the game. WOW is getting a bit long in the tooth and Aion is relatively new. After five years we can compare Aion graphics to the graphics of  the next WOW killer what ever it may be.

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Originally posted by aleos

neither.

i support this post

Well wtf you 2 bbuddies are playing at?

• lilchicxxlilchicxx Member Posts: 1

i'm going with aion

the only reason: i got bored of wow 3 months ago

i played wow 2 years. wow stil a really good game but with too many kids now and the contents is really too easy

and cake is better:P

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Oh god, Aion is in the lead by far! INC Zorndorf and Coffee proxying their IP so many times that they can put WoW back in the lead. I could see it.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

As fresh and new as Aion FEELS now, I don't personally think it can compare to WoW at this point.

World of Warcraft just has massive amounts more content than Aion will be able to match for years. As soon as people have played through to the end game and see just how much less content there is, lots of them will probably end up going back to WOW.

I also found that the grind and lack of class customization (in terms of different specs) in Aion simply cannot compare with WoW. There is a much smaller degree to which you can change your playstyle as far as I can tell. Think of all the ways you can do that in WoW. There's the talent trees, enchantments, gems, glyphs. It seems to me that Aion has far fewer choices for specialization... but perhaps I have just not played long enough.

Personally I expect people to switch over to Aion in large numbers in the short term. But once WoW's new expansion hits the shelves, I forsee them going right back.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Aion for the following

: Wow had VERY dated looking gfx at "Release" for it's time. while aion has "Above average gfx at release"

: Wow looks like a cartoon, i don't hate it but it's not my favorite. AIon doesn't look like real life, and is stylized, but very not cartoony.

: Aion will have better PVP, even with blizz trying to make more open PVP with rapture FINALLY.

: First MMO i've played where wings where not useless fluff. Perfect world has shit on this, wings in PW are fluff. And Wow doesn't have them at all

: Aion plans player housing, if done right this will be awsome. Wow has never had housing and with the type of game it is, it never will.

: Armor and weapons are a million times more badass. Only a very select few WoW items come close.

• AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Keep it on topic guys.

Oh Noes Its The Forum Police