Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard takes extra money for cancelling

Blizzard took 2 $1.00 charges out of my charge card today after I canceled my account today for weeks of:

Additional Instances cannot be launched, please try again later.

WTF!!!!

So I went to my bank and closed my account and withdrew all my money and opened a new account at another bank.

Comments

• coffee2coffee2 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Wowrogue

Blizzard took 2 $1.00 charges out of my charge card today after I canceled my account today for weeks of:

WTF!!!!
    So I went to my bank and closed my account and withdrew all my money and opened a new account at another bank.

cool, I guess blizzard raided your guild bank... they are such ninjas.

AKA "coffee" - serving a temporary ban cus I made a Troll cry.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by coffee2

WTF!!!!

cool, I guess blizzard raided your guild bank... they are such ninjas.

ROFL

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488

WTF!!!!

You should probably move to a new city and change your name, they got people who can track you down, you know....

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095

WTF!!!!

Did it ever occur to you do do it by phone?  They even give you the 800 number on the cancellation page.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• WowrogueWowrogue Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Vrazule

WTF!!!!

Did it ever occur to you do do it by phone?  They even give you the 800 number on the cancellation page.

Of course I did. With a 30 minute wait time in their customer service que it seems Blizzard should provide the following message on their 1-800 number:

Additional customer service cannot be launched, please try again later.

Originally posted by Zorndorf

@ Coffee.
    People have come to respect Coffee.
    . Some have no respect for established and well documented posters about WOW, like Coffee.
    I guess they don't even realise they wouldn't have a job if WOW didn't went mainstream.
    You? trolling? I rather think my dog can type on a keyboard.
    ----
    On topic: I would sue them OP. It's a disgrace they will now have a yearly turnover of 1.2 billion and ONE dollar.
    I would deduct one dollar for the banking costs.
    Edit: Oops: I saw the OP was a first poster. So after all this time you made finally an account to tell us this ....in a WOW forum.
    .... ....

Yea, imagine that. Ya think other people might want to know Blizz is playing around with their credit cards?
    Lessee. 11,000,000 subscribers get $2 "test" charges posted to their accounts and Blizz has $22,000,000 to play with for a few days.

Ya think people might want to know about that?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by templarga

If you really cared and were concerned, you would be on the phone to Blizzard and not posting (trolling) about it on some forum that isn't even connected to Blizzard in any form.
    My guess is you waited until your renewal date to cancel (if you really did cancel in the first place) and what you are seeing is an authorization charge for the re-billing. Many companies will charge $1 or so to make sure that the card is valid or good before the actual charge is charged in full (hotels do this a lot).
    I have had multiple WOW accounts for over 2 years now and never had a single issue with Blizzard and their billing. So my guess is this is one of 3 possible things:
    1. An accident or billing issue and can be fixed with a simple phone call.
    2. Not telling the complete story.
    3. Trolling the WOW forums because its the "in" thing to do at MMORPG.com.
    #3 has my vote.

You are a pro-WOW troll.  It is clear. It is obvious. Whatever WOW does is fine to a pro-WOW troll and anything that is posted negative about WOW reality is trolling to a pro-WOW troll.
    You are the pro-WOW troll writing a insulting fiction, not I. I stated simple facts. You fail.
    I have played WOW for almost 4 years and they chased me off with their failure to supply reasonable access to instances. That is a fact that goes back to complaints starting in May of 2008 and it has gotten so bad there are literally half a dozen threads started on Blizz's customer service forum with so many complaints Blizz blue posters have to start new threads and stop comments on the old ones. So obviously I am not trolling on that subject.  You fail.
    Blizz is trolling itself by claiming too many people want to play WOW.  Now isn't that just the most stupid thing you ever heard. Blizz overbooks it's resources and blames the consumer.
    I am hardly trolling on that subject. Blizz may even have to deal with class action lawsuits since they are not supplying services for the money they have taken. AOL tried that years go and got hammered by around 2 to 3 dozen State Attorney Generals and a bunch of class action lawsuits brought from the private sector.  It's called overbooking. You fail.
    You are such an extreme pro-WOW troll you want me to stay on the phone on hold for 30 minutes ( yes that is what their estimateed time of wait is every time I called which was multiple times ) with my cell phone minutes draining away. You are wanting me ot behave in a self destructive fashion to honor your pro-WOW bias.
    So a simple call to you is remaining on hold for 30 minutes or so and watching cell phone minutes draining away. You fail.
    Blizz did IN FACT put 2 unauthorized charge holds on my account. That is a fact, no fiction there. You fail.
    I absolutely stated the entire story pro-WOW troll. Another fictional bias barf from you.
    Since you are a pro-WOW troll I understand WOW can do no wrong in your eyes... Another term for that is a bootlicker. Of course you would NEVER consider yourself a WOW bootlicker would you?
  • AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Although Blizzard should not have taken money from you after you closed your account, it is not something that should really be discussed here. You will need to contact your bank and blizzard ect.

Thread Locked

Oh Noes Its The Forum Police

This discussion has been closed.