Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Blizzcon Recap

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's Joe Iuliani followed this past weekend's Blizzcon and offers this article to sum up some of Blizzard's major announcements that you may have missed.

Well, the fourth Blizzcon has come and gone. Thousands of rabid fans descended upon Anaheim, California to show their support for Blizzard and to get a glimpse of what the future has in store. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to purchase a Blizzcon 2009 ticket; I missed the forty second window of purchasing opportunity. I unfortunately did not have a first born to offer for tickets, and nobody was looking to loan me theirs. In an effort to make sure the other few million Blizzard fans had an opportunity to experience Blizzcon, it was made available both online and DirecTV. For the mere price of $40.00 folks could watch announcement in real time. Sure, you missed out the Blizzard store, and redefining personal space, but you did get to walk away with your own Grunty the Murloc Marine as a WoW in game pet. For those who may feel overwhelmed by the Blizzcon coverage, here’s a quick recap of the event.

Read the Blizzcon Recap

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

The race/ Class Combos still bother me.

How can Worgen be Priest, when both Paladin and Priest (And all Holy classes for that matter) are immune to dieseases?

Gnomes can be priest? Religion?

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

sounds like a pretty good convention.  Is it only 1 day though?

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• KnightmedicKnightmedic Member Posts: 2

Any release date for Cataclysm???  Christmas maybe??? 

• Sed8edSed8ed Member Posts: 3

This new expansion really got me interested when  first heard about it. I watched the trailer and actually caught myself almost drooling at the thought of Azeroth being torn apart by the Maelstrom. Then I realized that letting me fly in these "new" zones really wasn't all that big of a deal. The game remains the same... boring.

What about the people that choose not to get the expansion? Will the world change for them or will they be stuck in some "pre-cataclysm" time? I know people that have just been playing WoW for a little while now and still don't even have WotLK yet. It would kind of suck for the new players in 2010 when this is released if they are required to go buy the game and all 3 expansions just to play.

I think I'll pass on this expansion and look for something that can actually entertain me.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by tro44_1

The race/ Class Combos still bother me.
    How can Worgen be Priest, when both Paladin and Priest (And all Holy classes for that matter) are immune to dieseases?
    Gnomes can be priest? Religion?

Curse != disease :).

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

So the new top secret MMO they are working on which has nothing to do with anything current?   What is it?  a Rumor?  Cant be the expansion cause they said Not to do with anything currently released.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• uttausuttaus Member Posts: 120

I for one am very excited about the expansion. One of my favorite activities is exploring the world. Some thing I had completed long ago. With the distruction of the old world this will be a chance to explore all over again. New race class choices and the ability to fly in the old world. This will be like a whole new world to explore.

Yay exploration yay changing world. 

I hope they destroy the world every year. 

Asheron's Call, Champions Online, Dark Age of Camelot, EVE Online, EverQuest, Lineage 2, Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft.Waiting for SWTOR

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by Sed8ed
    What about the people that choose not to get the expansion? Will the world change for them or will they be stuck in some "pre-cataclysm" time? I know people that have just been playing WoW for a little while now and still don't even have WotLK yet. It would kind of suck for the new players in 2010 when this is released if they are required to go buy the game and all 3 expansions just to play.

The old world will change for everyone regardless of whether they have the expansion or not. People who don't have the expansion won't be able to play the new races. I'm not sure how else they'll be limited.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Originally posted by Knightmedic

Any release date for Cataclysm???  Christmas maybe??? 

It's not coming out til next year, 2010. I'm thinking November, most likely.

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Originally posted by Shreddi

So the new top secret MMO they are working on which has nothing to do with anything current?   What is it?  a Rumor?  Cant be the expansion cause they said Not to do with anything currently released.

It simply wasn't revealed this year. It's probably still way too early for Blizz to do so just yet. I wont be surprised if it's still another 2 years before they finally say what it is. They still feel that there is allot to add to WoW and still allot of life left in it.

Plus they're still so busy with finally finishing SC2 and D3.

• thejsmthejsm Member UncommonPosts: 9

my deleted post won this thread.