Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW guild leveling system is stupid

rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 151

I want to point out that everybody at Blizzcon is super excited about guild leveling system because they all play this game to death and all have been in the same guild since the beginning.

In a way this awards players that play more, so you'll still have that little bastard 14 year old who will level up his character to max guild level within the week.

The biggest problem is that most people don't want to dedicate a lot of time to the game, so they choose to play casually, but this could mean it would be harder for them to find a group, since it's now discouraged to add some people randomly to fill the last spots in a raid.  This was a good thing in WOTLK, where everybody was able to pvp in wintergrasp then jump into a group based on their stats and kill a couple bosses within 30 minutes.  It was fun and not time consuming and could be worth it to the player based on what was dropped.

Once again Blizzard needs to think about skill, rather than time consumption in a game.  I would suggest that they put more weight on pvp, battlegrounds (not arena).  Don't buff the people that have no life outside of wow.  Trust me Blizzard you would make more sales if you thought about casual gamers vs lifers.  

This is like bringing back the dkp system, which awards only those that dedicate a mass amount of time to the game.  This was a major problem with Vanilla wow and bringing this back is foolish and will amount to a lot of angry and screwed customers.  Ultimately this is a pretty stupid move Blizzard, learn from your mistakes.

Comments

• UnknownFactUnknownFact Member Posts: 2

I guess you're right... Probably they prefer to have less but more active users than tons of not-so-active users. why? no idea... But it's obvious that some of those casual players will get hooked by that guild thingy... not too many, but "some" is enough for Blizzard.

• Remii718Remii718 Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by rmeyer

I want to point out that everybody at Blizzcon is super excited about guild leveling system because they all play this game to death and all have been in the same guild since the beginning.
    In a way this awards players that play more, so you'll still have that little bastard 14 year old who will level up his character to max guild level within the week.
    The biggest problem is that most people don't want to dedicate a lot of time to the game, so they choose to play casually, but this could mean it would be harder for them to find a group, since it's now discouraged to add some people randomly to fill the last spots in a raid.  This was a good thing in WOTLK, where everybody was able to pvp in wintergrasp then jump into a group based on their stats and kill a couple bosses within 30 minutes.  It was fun and not time consuming and could be worth it to the player based on what was dropped.
    Once again Blizzard needs to think about skill, rather than time consumption in a game.  I would suggest that they put more weight on pvp, battlegrounds (not arena).  Don't buff the people that have no life outside of wow.  Trust me Blizzard you would make more sales if you thought about casual gamers vs lifers.  
    This is like bringing back the dkp system, which awards only those that dedicate a mass amount of time to the game.  This was a major problem with Vanilla wow and bringing this back is foolish and will amount to a lot of angry and screwed customers.  Ultimately this is a pretty stupid move Blizzard, learn from your mistakes.

I didn't read anything that suggested that this feature is a hardcore only feature.

I myself am in a casual guild and we are looking forward to this feature. I only play about 3-5 hours a week and I think the talent tree is bad ass. Things like less gold on repairs and guild summoning for activities is pretty cool.

What does it matter if some kid can level a guild faster? play with like minded people that have a similar schedule to yours and you should be fine.

Playing: WoW, EvE

Interested in: TOR, ER, GW2, WoD, Dust514

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Did you really not know that on Cataclysm you'll have a cross-server LFG system for instances? I can see random groups happening even more often now, especially on low-pop servers.

Also, they have mentioned they want players to be in guilds and want to reinforce that, but you can't really stop random groups from happening, it's not like guilds are raid-ready 24/7.

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    The biggest problem is that most people don't want to dedicate a lot of time to the game, so they choose to play casually, but this could mean it would be harder for them to find a group, since it's now discouraged to add some people randomly to fill the last spots in a raid.   

Where are you getting this conclusion?  Why would a guild that is short a person prefer not to add in a PuG to fill the raid slot?  What negative impact would it have on them?

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by Torik

The biggest problem is that most people don't want to dedicate a lot of time to the game, so they choose to play casually, but this could mean it would be harder for them to find a group, since it's now discouraged to add some people randomly to fill the last spots in a raid.   

Where are you getting this conclusion?  Why would a guild that is short a person prefer not to add in a PuG to fill the raid slot?  What negative impact would it have on them?

He coulod be a knob and end up pulling something and whiping the raid.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by Torik

He coulod be a knob and end up pulling something and whiping the raid.

I mean what impact would it have on them that it does not already have today?  The OP suggests that under the guild leveling system taking a non-guildy to a raid would somehow be punished in a new way.

• rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Did you really not know that on Cataclysm you'll have a cross-server LFG system for instances? I can see random groups happening even more often now, especially on low-pop servers.
    Also, they have mentioned they want players to be in guilds and want to reinforce that, but you can't really stop random groups from happening, it's not like guilds are raid-ready 24/7.

Is this true?  I didn't hear them say any of that.  If that is the case than that would be great.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Is this true?  I didn't hear them say any of that.  If that is the case than that would be great.

OH SNAP

(Sorry for caps :^) )

So the cross Server thing will function similar to BG queue correct? I dont need to travel to dungons manually anymore?

• coffee2coffee2 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by tro44_1

OH SNAP

(Sorry for caps :^) )

So the cross Server thing will function similar to BG queue correct? I dont need to travel to dungons manually anymore?

Its the only way I can see it working, so I guess so, doubt ill use it myself I have a small team I play dungeons with, good only I think for low level dungeons.

To the OP in regards to the guild leveling system  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNeMIfyGfmo, sounds great to me. 

AKA "coffee" - serving a temporary ban cus I made a Troll cry.