Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost my Disc

krugdog603krugdog603 Member Posts: 9

A while back i bought a copy of guild wars, and set up an account. Soon afterwards my pc's motherboard fried, so I couldn't play anymore. Now I've got a school issue laptop but i seem to have misplaced my disc. My question here is if there is someplace to download the client, and if so, would my account still work?

Comments

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

You can download from the guild wars website and your account should be fine.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• krugdog603krugdog603 Member Posts: 9

Can you give me a specific url? I've tried the guild wars website but I must be retarded because I can't find it.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Go here:

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/launcher/ncsoft-launcher.html

You can use that client to DL all of the NCsoft games. The one's you already have you won't have to pay for, but u can use it to buy more games if you find the urge to try one of the other ones out.

FYI, after you re-install / DL guildwars, don't panic. It'll look like you lost all your content, but you're characters will still be there. This is caused because the game won't DL the expansion content, until after you login to the game (and it attempts to load the maps). This means that for a day or so, you'll load into instances more slowly, as the game has to DL the maps all over again.

Kind of annoying, but not a huge deal if you are expecting it.

• krugdog603krugdog603 Member Posts: 9

Thanks, you're a life saver

• kegboyiikegboyii Member Posts: 103

Also, there is  away to download all the content you have purchased. Simply go to the GW shortcut on your desktop and right click it, select Properties. When the properties box pops up click in the 'Target' box and type -image after the gw.exe. This is a command that causes the client to download all data, updates, etc. Therefore you dont have to wait to download every zone you go into!

Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it!