Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret World /moved

2»

Comments

• TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662

Ragnar Tornquist is also the guy behind the whole story of Anarchy Online.  And believe me, it has a story alright.

He has previously said in an interview that even as a child he used to enjoy telling stories to the othe children, and this love of story telling shows in the fantastic novel he wrote as a backstory to Anarchy Online:

Prophet Without Honour

Don't get me wrong, I'm only keeping one eye on TSW right now because not enough is known about it.  And I also believe that a persons past achievements do not guarantee an instant success in any future endeavours (just look at Brad McQuaid and Richard Garriott as examples). 

I believe that a good book or movie is a form of escapism.  A really good story envelopes the reading / viewer in a world that has depth beyond just the occurances that the reader or viewer is experiencing.  Ragnar has an opportunity to inject life into this MMO, to make it feel bigger than just the quest that a player is doing. 

Which is something that is missing from AOC right now.  Maybe that is because of some restrictions imposed by the fact that it isn't FC's own IP, no one knows for sure.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Your Friendly Neighborhood Graggok here with some exciting news, again I am not an employee of Funcom just an excited fan, our buddy and game designer Ragnar Tournquist will e releasing some new information about this game finally (here is an article about it http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/14/the-secret-world-pax-showing-to-be-biggest-thing-yet/) I hope you all are excited as I am

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?