Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Computer Specs

ChexxChexx Member Posts: 41

I just recently decided to buy a new computer for this game and school. (mostly the XIV) I just wanted to get some feedback on the specs. Feel free to share your computer hardware.

Computer Specs

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

ASUS Crosshair III Formula AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported

Rosewill BRONZE series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

Mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

ASUS Royal Knight 120mm EBR CPU Cooler

If you have any ideas for a better part for around the same price feel free to comment

Comments

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by Chexx

I just recently decided to buy a new computer for this game and school. (mostly the XIV) I just wanted to get some feedback on the specs. Feel free to share your computer hardware.
    Computer Specs

EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported
    Rosewill BRONZE series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
    Mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    If you have any ideas for a better part for around the same price feel free to comment

I'm a intel guy so I can't give you any aspect on that but everything else I can.

If you like the look of the antec 1200 I would prefer you go with the antec 902.  A bit smaller and has an extra PCI slot so it comes with 8 than the usual 7.  I just bought and are sleeving the cables atm a LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black.  I use to own a 1200 and I loved it but I currently love my k62 better.  All 3 are good choices to go with.

The EVGA GTX 75-I love evga products and you have yourself a good card.  If you plan on going sli in the future I would go with the stock version because you will have to buy another SC edition to match the speed of the main card or get a stock one and over clock it yourself.  If you are just using the single card than that would be perfect.

Personally I wouldn't buy a Rosewill PSU this is one component you shouldn't cheap out on.  Also if you aren't planning on going sli 1000w is a bit to much for ya.  If you do want a 1000w PSU I would go with one of these.  The corsair one would be on of the best and their customer support is excellent.   There are other good PSU companies but these are ones I can vouche for myself from personal experience and read tons of good reviews.  If you are gonna good a lower wattage PSU I would suggest a corsair or a PC Power & Cooling ones.

Also you might want to get an aftermarket heatsink if you want overclock your cpu or just to keep it cooler at stock speeds.

Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000

PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS910 910W

COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro1000 RS-A00-EMBA 1000W

CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W

As for the ram I usualy stick with corsair or crucial but I've never heard anything bad about mushkin so your ram is ok.

My pc specs are

Mobo-EVGA Classified-E759

CPU-I7 920

GPU-EVGA 285x2 in sli (8800gt for a physx card)

Ram-Corsair (3x2gb) 1600

PSU-Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w

• StuckovStuckov Member UncommonPosts: 101

Computer Specs

Well if your main reason was to play FFXIV u will have no problems whatsoever.

Sounds like a sick system :)

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

The only thing I would recomend would be more ram, if you are putting $1600+  might as well throw in another $120 and get 8 gigs of RAM

4 gigs is getting pretty skimpy by todays standards.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I run the same video card and its amazing!  Very good choice...

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by Khrymson

I run the same video card and its amazing!  Very good choice...

I know wish they were out when or around when I bought my 285's.  For the price and performance they put out it is top notch.

• jdedeauxjdedeaux Member Posts: 88

Computer Specs

Give it a rest kid. This game isn't coming out until 2010 you're wasting youre money if its more for this game. Save your money buy you a cheap dell for school and wait until later next year to build a PC for this game. Your prematurely ejaculating on this one kid.

First off, why the hell would you throw together all that, then a rosewill PSU? Just because its a 1000w? Have you torn down a PSU and seen what's on the inside of it? I know of 550w PSU that are more stable, reliable, and more accurate than the rosewill one you picked.

Are you an Overclocker? If not why get that CPU, you might as well just get the 955 for less.

Out of ALLL THE MEMORY ON EARTH, you overlook G.SKILL, CRUCIAL, CORSAIR, KINGSTON, PATRIOT, and choose MUSHKIN....WHY?????????????????????????????????????

You choose the buy one of the better GPUs and more expensive ones, while we are on the verge of new DX11 video cards this next quarter. WHY? The prices on them are soon to drop. BE PATIENT YOUNG SKYWALKER.

ASUS COOLER???? DO YOU EVEN READ REVIEWS? The stock HSF will do better than that one, or pay 50 for a ZALMAN 9700 or a AC64.

The case is a great choice , thats where it stop.

Originally posted by Dewm

The only thing I would recomend would be more ram, if you are putting $1600+  might as well throw in another $120 and get 8 gigs of RAM

4 gigs is getting pretty skimpy by todays standards.

I lol at post like this. People who think more is better. You do know about timings and ganging memory and how the IMC works on that 965 cpu right??? I doubt it.

8 gigs will do absolutely NOTHING for him. 4 gigs will be PLENTY. This PC is for ffxiv and school. Even if it was for video encoding he would be just fine.

Dont encourage him to waste more money than he is.

• ZorakGhostalZorakGhostal Member Posts: 122

Really not a good time to be putting a PC together for XIV. No one knows that the recommended specs will be yet and anything you do now will be at least a year old by the time the game is released. Just wait, save yourself some money and get a better PC at the same time when the game is close to release.

Originally posted by ZorakGhostal

Really not a good time to be putting a PC together for XIV. No one knows that the recommended specs will be yet and anything you do now will be at least a year old by the time the game is released. Just wait, save yourself some money and get a better PC at the same time when the game is close to release.

What he said

/end thread

• ChexxChexx Member Posts: 41

ty for the help current pc was dying so i was gonna get a new one. All these products i reviewed on newegg. ya the system is in the 1.2k mark so far. Ill take your advice and wait just wanted to get opinion on the current build.

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

Well that PC would be more then enough to play FFXIV... but you should wait for better stuff to come out, and get said better stuff for just as much or cheaper.

Like others said... for the love of god stay away from Rosewill PSU's people! Corsair, Seasonic/OCZ, and PC Power and Cooling are like the best options... never skimp on the PSU.