Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

xbox 360 or PS3

2»

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by JGMIII

Originally posted by Gameloading

Sorry buddy, but I'm not a "Fanbot". I'm calling you out on your bullshit, there is a big difference because the only obvious fanboy here is yourself.

Yes it is next to impossible to only like 2 games on the Playstation 3 because the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 offer nearly the exact same gameplay experiences with the same kind of games. It has nothing to do with personal preference, it has everything to do with the fact you have little to no experience with Playstation 3 games and thus you're claiming games are crap which you haven't even played.

I assumed you like Halo because you used it as an example in your first post in this thread to say how oh so superior the Xbox 360's games are.
    How does Gears of War have a better flow? You get behind cover and shoot in both games, you do some light puzzle solving and you shoot some more. It's the exact same gameplay concept!
    About review scores, according to your profile you're 30. If you think all reviewers are twenty years old college studens, you're highly mistaken. you bash critic scores but you're here bashing games you haven't even played yet, so i think critics have a bit more credibility than you do.

HAHAHA! Yep I'm such a fanboi of 360 that I'm considering getting a Ps3 slim due to the price drop and buying the only two to three games worth having out of the PS3 EXCLUSIVES.

New PS3 slim + MGS4 & Infamous (maybe KZ2 also) = enough to hold me over until sony gets off their ass and makes more good exclusives.

Also reread my posts I never said PS3 had no games they just lack exclusives that I want to play. Ps3 has tons of games that are on the 360 also, problem with that is I have them on 360 already!  Think about it, If you had all the good games on 360 already and just had to look at PS3 exclusives as a reason to buy the console I'm sure many of you guys would think just like I do.

See you can un twist the panties, relax and go back to youtube and bash more 360 games.

I see you aren't quite done making yourself look silly.

You didn say the PS3 had no games they just lack exclusives?

Breaking news: I have been talking about exclusives all this time, the list i mentioned before in this thread are all about exclusives. The Playstation 3 has A LOT more good exclusives than 2 games, many of which I mentioned already before in this thread.

Bash more 360 games? Why would I do that? I own an Xbox 360 and I love my 360.

You see, unlike yourself, I don't point at a console I don't own and say "Ohh that console has only 1 or 2 good exclusives!" because again unlike yourself, I play games, not systems.

Stop trying to accuse me of being a "fanboi" just because I point out your ignorant fanboi comments about a system you have no experience with. Take your own advice, go back to youtube and leave the discussion of platforms to people who actually have experience with them and aren't biased fanboys.

You only make yourself look stupid by pretending i'm a fanboi. Look at your posts here

You: I Only own an Xbox 360 and PS3 has only 2 good exclusive games!

Me: I own both consoles and PS3 has plenty good exclusive games like

You:  But all those games suck! I never played them and I only have a 360 for 2 months but those games all suck compared to games like Halo! God of War 2 played the same as God of War 1 and you're a fanboy because you don't think PS3 only has 2 good exclusive!

Me: Halo 3 also plays similar to Halo 2

You: Oh yeah!? Well I never liked Halo anyway!

Your posts here only serve as entertainment value.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Sorry buddy, but I'm not a "Fanbot". I'm calling you out on your bullshit, there is a big difference because the only obvious fanboy here is yourself.

Yes it is next to impossible to only like 2 games on the Playstation 3 because the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 offer nearly the exact same gameplay experiences with the same kind of games. It has nothing to do with personal preference, it has everything to do with the fact you have little to no experience with Playstation 3 games and thus you're claiming games are crap which you haven't even played.

I assumed you like Halo because you used it as an example in your first post in this thread to say how oh so superior the Xbox 360's games are.
    How does Gears of War have a better flow? You get behind cover and shoot in both games, you do some light puzzle solving and you shoot some more. It's the exact same gameplay concept!
    About review scores, according to your profile you're 30. If you think all reviewers are twenty years old college studens, you're highly mistaken. you bash critic scores but you're here bashing games you haven't even played yet, so i think critics have a bit more credibility than you do.

HAHAHA! Yep I'm such a fanboi of 360 that I'm considering getting a Ps3 slim due to the price drop and buying the only two to three games worth having out of the PS3 EXCLUSIVES.

New PS3 slim + MGS4 & Infamous (maybe KZ2 also) = enough to hold me over until sony gets off their ass and makes more good exclusives.

Also reread my posts I never said PS3 had no games they just lack exclusives that I want to play. Ps3 has tons of games that are on the 360 also, problem with that is I have them on 360 already!  Think about it, If you had all the good games on 360 already and just had to look at PS3 exclusives as a reason to buy the console I'm sure many of you guys would think just like I do.

See you can un twist the panties, relax and go back to youtube and bash more 360 games.

Breaking news: I have been talking about exclusives all this time, the list i mentioned before in this thread are all about exclusives. The Playstation 3 has A LOT more good exclusives than 2 games, many of which I mentioned already before in this thread.

"GOOD" is subjective buddy, If I like only two that's my deal. Stop telling me what's good and what isn't for me.

You see, unlike yourself, I don't point at a console I don't own and say "Ohh that console has only 1 or 2 good exclusives!" because again unlike yourself, I play games, not systems.

And because I play Games on a 360 I don't play games? Elitist much? Near 99% of the games I like happen to be for both consoles as far as exclusives go for me I enjoy the 10-11 games for my 360 over the two I am interested in on the Ps3 so it was an easy choice as to what console I wanted to buy.

Stop trying to accuse me of being a "fanboi" just because I point out your ignorant fanboi comments about a system you have no experience with. Take your own advice, go back to youtube and leave the discussion of platforms to people who actually have experience with them and aren't biased fanboys.

Bro I've played PS3 games, how do I not have experience?

You only make yourself look stupid by pretending i'm a fanboi. Look at your posts here

You:  But all those games suck! I never played them and I only have a 360 for 2 months but those games all suck compared to games like Halo! God of War 2 played the same as God of War 1 and you're a fanboy because you don't think PS3 only has 2 good exclusive!

Saying Halo is better than other fps games on Ps3 (that I've played) but at the same time thinking Halo isn't anything special considering PC FPS games are alot better for me isn't wrong or me twisting shit up.

I'm sorry but MGS4 and Infamous are near the only PS3 sellers for me, get over it please. It's my opinion, you disagree.

I love how your saying Ps3 has a ton of Exclusives that are "Good" like it's fact and I have to agree with you. If not I don't play games lol.

And since you used the Metacritic game score average on me Ill just point out both GoW games rank in the mid 90's while uncharted is in the 80's. While I don't give a shit about ratings, since you do ill toss that one out at you.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

"GOOD" is subjective buddy, If I like only two that's my deal. Stop telling me what's good and what isn't for me.

No it isn't. preference is subjective but we do have a general understanding of quality.

The issue here is that you're claiming that the Playstation 3 lineup is crap when you have no experience with it. There is no possible way anybody who is objective can say the Xbox 360's lineup is significantly better than the PS3 or vice versa when they offer a very similar lineup of games and provide a very similar experience.

And because I play Games on a 360 I don't play games? Elitist much? Near 99% of the games I like happen to be for both consoles as far as exclusives go for me I enjoy the 10-11 games for my 360 over the two I am interested in on the Ps3 so it was an easy choice as to what console I wanted to buy.

You are more interested in the actual console than the games. You claim games are crap simply because they are on the Playstation 3 (even though you're trying to deny it, and failing at that i might add) Why else would you come to the conclussion that the Playstation 3 has only 1 or 2 good exclusives? Because you have played all of them? We can scrap that from the list as you don't even own a Playstation 3. Because reviews are bad? We can scrap that too as there are many PS3 exclusives with great review scores.

The real reason is simple: You're a fanboy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bro I've played PS3 games, how do I not have experience?

Ah yes, I'm sure you played all those Playstation 3 exclusive games you consider crap "At a friends house", right?

Saying Halo is better than other fps games on Ps3 (that I've played) but at the same time thinking Halo isn't anything special considering PC FPS games are alot better for me isn't wrong or me twisting shit up.

I'm sorry but MGS4 and Infamous are near the only PS3 sellers for me, get over it please. It's my opinion, you disagree.

I love how your saying Ps3 has a ton of Exclusives that are "Good" like it's fact and I have to agree with you. If not I don't play games lol.

And since you used the Metacritic game score average on me Ill just point out both GoW games rank in the mid 90's while uncharted is in the 80's. While I don't give a shit about ratings, since you do ill toss that one out at you.

The thing is that my opinion is formed built on an objective viewpoint. Your opinion is built as a biased single platform owner who has little to no experience with a software lineup that you consider crap simply because it's on another console. You're the very definition of fanboy.

The actual ratings say that Gears of War has a metacritic score of 94 and GoW 2 of 93.

Uncharted has a metacritic score of 88.

Thats 0.6 difference (0.5 with GoW 2) how the heck do you define a game as 0.6 better? Have you ever played a game and said "Oh this game is 6% better than that other game!".

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

The thing is that my opinion is formed built on an objective viewpoint. Your opinion is built as a biased single platform owner who has little to no experience with a software lineup that you consider crap simply because it's on another console. You're the very definition of fanboy.

Yeah.... Again because I only own a 360 my views are that of a fanboi.

People like you are the reason I stayed away from the console scene for so long.

The "If you don't own my console, you know shit" Crowd is really pathetic.

You know what's really funny since this thread started If put near 10 hours into infamous on a rented PS3 and actually find Prototype on my Xbox alot more fun.

So much for review sites huh?  See different people have different opinions!!! shocking isn't it.

Once I beat Infamous and pick up MGS4 and beat that Ps3 will be totally worthless until late 2010 for me lol.

Only cost about 15 bucks to rent the console and I saved myself 300 bucks on a near worthless console :)))))

Have a good night.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Sigh 

?

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

I own a 360 and I want a PS3. I want to be able to play both.

I know there are huge debate over which one is the best.

I just love to play games. 

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

Sigh 

QFT! Who else thinks JGMIII and Gameloading should just go get a room... They argue like an old married couple. LOL Isn't it about time the two of you just kiss and make up?

Face it... as a console neither is superior to the other. Sure they have differing features but when it comes down to the most important thing, available games you want to play, the choice of which console to buy is merely personal opinion based. Some prefer the Xbox 360 lineup... Some prefer the PS3. It's a matter of personal choice which one is better for you. It has absolutely nothing to do with which is the better console as they both have their good and bad points.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Remii718Remii718 Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Sigh 

QFT! Who else thinks JGMIII and Gameloading should just go get a room... They argue like an old married couple. LOL Isn't it about time the two of you just kiss and make up?

Face it... as a console neither is superior to the other. Sure they have differing features but when it comes down to the most important thing, available games you want to play, the choice of which console to buy is merely personal opinion based. Some prefer the Xbox 360 lineup... Some prefer the PS3. It's a matter of personal choice which one is better for you. It has absolutely nothing to do with which is the better console as they both have their good and bad points.

Bren

Gameloading is trolling the shit out of JGMII. He's ingnoring the fact that the poor guy has played those ps3 games.   JGMII keeps taking the bait. It's fun to watch. both are pretty sad. Opinions are opinions who gives a shit if someone rented or bought a console.

Playing: WoW, EvE

Interested in: TOR, ER, GW2, WoD, Dust514

Originally posted by Remii718

Sigh 

Bren

Gameloading is trolling the shit out of JGMII. He's ingnoring the fact that the poor guy has played those ps3 games.   JGMII keeps taking the bait. It's fun to watch. both are pretty sad. Opinions are opinions who gives a shit if someone rented or bought a console.

Actually I'm not trolling the shit out of JGMII. If you actually bother to read his posts you will notice that he has admitted multiple times he does NOT own the console and certainly hasn't played the games, he has only rented it and played Infamous apparently.

It's pretty funny you get accussed of being a fanboy or "sad" if you only so much as suggest a person should have first, you know, actually PLAYED the games before judging them. wow, how unreasonable is that mhm?

You have added absolutely nothing to the subject of this thread and the only thing you have done here is attacking me.

In other words, the only person trolling the shit here is you.

Seems like he's a console player that would like to buy a ps3 if it had more games he didn't already own on the 360 and you're giving him a hardtime.

I own both consoles and a wii and think he's right in saying ps3 is next to worthless. 2010 does look good for sony, I'll admit that.

As for the op, 360 all the way right now.

Sigh 

Bren

Actually I'm not trolling the shit out of JGMII. If you actually bother to read his posts you will notice that he has admitted multiple times he does NOT own the console and certainly hasn't played the games, he has only rented it and played Infamous apparently.

It's pretty funny you get accussed of being a fanboy or "sad" if you only so much as suggest a person should have first, you know, actually PLAYED the games before judging them. wow, how unreasonable is that mhm?

You have added absolutely nothing to the subject of this thread and the only thing you have done here is attacking me.

In other words, the only person trolling the shit here is you.

Seems like he's a console player that would like to buy a ps3 if it had more games he didn't already own on the 360 and you're giving him a hardtime.

I own both consoles and a wii and think he's right in saying ps3 is next to worthless. 2010 does look good for sony, I'll admit that.

As for the op, 360 all the way right now.

No, he is an Xbox 360 owner who wants to justify not having to pay 300$ for a Playstation 3 and thats why i'm giving him a hard time, he pretends to be unbiased and educated when he is not.

I'm not talking about multiplatform games, when is that going to sink in?  Resistance, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Motorstorm, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Uncharted: Drakes fortune, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid 4, Infamous, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, LittleBigPlanet, Demon's Soul just to name a few all have a rating of above 85% and are only avaible on the Playstation 3.

I think you have an issue with other players not liking games that have overall decent critic reviews. The games I highlighted are good the rest is you clutching at straws labeling any exclusive as good for your argument. I was just like you before i bought an xbox, getting excited about every exclusive even though the games were sub par.

I have no problem buying a console for five games, jgmIII may be one of those tight wallet gamers and lets be honest if he already owns a 360 and all the really good multi platform games. Is a five game line up really worth a console purchase?

maybe not.

• reikaleereikalee Member Posts: 79

Ah, the recurring.

I'd personally go for the Xbox 360 since it's cheaper than the PS3 here in the Philippines. Plus its games are now pirateble! (Me bad bad girl!)

And the great games for the PS3 (Tekken 6, MGS4, RE5 and FFXIII) will also be available for the Xbox 360 as well.

I am simply myself, no more and no less. And I only want to be free.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

got a PS3 not so long ago after i've had my 360 for a long time. (2 or so years).

PS3:

pros: good hardware, some good games, getting more exclusives. Also has wireless internet and free online play.

cons: lost a number of exclusive games such as GTA and FF. Also PS3 games do not drop in price as quickly as 360 games do... went to gamestop the other day ago and Lair was still 50-60$. Also the exclusive games list still doesnt beat the 360's after all the years of "wait till next year, more great exclusives is gonna put the PS3 over the 360!". Also only a 1 year warranty. Also alot of games can no longer be bought online from gamestop. Also the hardware has been downgraded multiple times.

Xbox 360:

pros: good game library, good internet play, games do actually drop in price after awhile. Cheaper then the PS3. If it breaks they fix it for free. 3 year warranty

cons: bad hardware, after 2 or so years i've had to send it in about 3 times, although it was free everytime. Xbox live is 50$ a year which after 2 years you will have spent as much money as you would have buying a ps3. No wireless internet (unless you buy it).

all in all the 360 is great for your average gamer as its cheaper, games drop in price quicker then the PS3, and the game library is better. At first i was afraid of getting an xbox as PS usually puts out more RPGs, but this generation of consoles, it is PS this time trailing behind the 360. PS3 is good for the gamers who have more money to spend then others. The exclusives imo are just not that great. Killzone 2 and Resistance being a couple i was looking forward to getting but didnt. They both just dont have a great feel to them, i can get the same experience out of other FPSes both cross platform and on the 360. The rest such as MGS4 and others i'm forgetting are, i believe up to par on where a exclusive game on the PS3 should be at.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Now that I really think about it, I wish I had bought a ps3 instead. I think the ps3 has better quality games and free online play. Unless Microsoft impresses me with something new before Christmas, I'll be turning in my 360 for a ps3 eventually.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

360. It's the only system with I Maed A Gam3 W1th Zomb1es!!1. You can only know its greatness by playing it. An exclusive I'll stick too.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

IMO PS3 is a better buy.

I used to own a 360 and loved it. Great game selection was a huge + for me. But after the 2nd time my 360 went out and MS told me that it would be at least $150 bucks to get it fixed again ( was free the 1st time ) I decided to invest in a PS3 and glad I did.

Game selection is not nearly as good, but still has a solid lineup and some great releases coming out late ' 09 and in 2010. The hardware failure on the 360 is what swayed me to a PS3. 

The PS3 seems to be a much more solid and reliable console, add in a blu ray player ( which I wanted anyways) and you have a good console which ( hopefully) you wont be sending in or replacing every few months just so you can play the new Halo or gears of war.

All a matter of taste and opinion I think. For me personally I would rather have something reliable with fewer games to choose than something that everytime I fire it up I cross my fingers and hope it still works.

But I am fortunate in that I also have a top notch PC to play on, which means I wont misss out on anything but the 360 exclusives. I can live with that. =)

• GrandVizierGrandVizier Member UncommonPosts: 72

All right.  That's enough flaming back and forth.  It has been cleaned up once, and will not be anymore.  Attacks on posters because they have a different OPINION then you will not be tolerated, and are in violation the MMORPG.com RoC and will be dealt with accordingly.

What one player thinks is good, is their opinion.  If another player doesn't like it, that is their opinion.  Neither are right or wrong when it comes to opinions on something like a game.  Life is full of different opinions; if one poster likes the list of PS3 exclusives and another doesn't that is great.  Both are right in their own eyes, and can give their own opinion respectfully without being called fanbois or other derogatory names.

Keep this on topic and discussions civil.

"Asking permission is easier than asking forgiveness."

"Without power, one dies."

-State Pestage, Grand Vizier

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Refnu

Which is better?

If you have a PC don't get an Xbox 360, since it's all Microsoft, 360 exclusives will eventually manage to come out on the PC.

Can't say the same about PS3 games, and since the price drop and growing inventory of PS3 exclusives that are actually good....I'd suggest getting a PS3.

Now if you don't have a PC or a good enough one to handle some of the higher spec games....well then forget the 360 and PS3 and go get a better PC.

• RefnuRefnu Member Posts: 140

Ha, So i posted this when the general/console gaming forum was first started. I did this simply to see how many people would reply to it since the debate will never end. I could care less either way. 

I see some mod's had to get involved. I also noted at least 1 or 2 other threads started with the exact same topic. I'll just enjoy my 15 seconds of fame that mine was the first.

Current: Puzzle Pirates
    Waiting: SWTOR,Aion, CO
    Played: AC, WoW, SB, EVE