Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Raids/Dungeons

MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99

Will Aion feature dungeons/raids (PvE dungeons and raid) similar to other MMO's such as WoW, AoC, WAR, etc.

Or will it feature its own method of obtaining new gear, equipment.

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Yes their are PvE dungeons and Raids

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Yes, it is in the form of PvPvE but nevertheless, it is still dungeon PvE raiding.

• MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99

Are they instanced or open like Vanguard?

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by Syno23

Yes, it is in the form of PvPvE but nevertheless, it is still dungeon PvE raiding.

Not all of the dungeons are PvPvE, but many are.

There are some that vary depending on how you clear them, speed runs or full clears. There are the PvPvE focused dreadgions(flying ships). There are also leveling instances with quests you can obtain inside. Many difference types of instancing. 12 new endgame dungeons were added in patch 1.5 which is considerable. Oh yeah, there are also secret rooms that sometimes spawn inside the castles you can take over with your faction and legion in the Abyss which sets up a treasure chest on a timer that you have to get to before it runs out.

Cool stuff.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    Originally posted by Syno23

You're half right.  There are actually PvE only dungeons.  There will be over 15 PvE only dungeons at release.  There are also PvPvE raids/dungeons in the Abyss.

I'm not sure if/how many PvE only raids will be in at release, though.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99

Thats good to know.

Im hoping for a strong end game when the final game comes out, but the PvPvE seems like an interesting idea and im curious to see how it works out.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by MasterchiefM

Thats good to know.

Im hoping for a strong end game when the final game comes out, but the PvPvE seems like an interesting idea and im curious to see how it works out.

2:15 http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/253/videoId/1494

it just makes me droool at the sheer thought of it.

• Remii718Remii718 Member Posts: 164

When I tried the Aion beta the art style instantly turned me off. Since this OP is about Dungeons/raids I would like to ask one of the Aion fans to maybe link dungeon gameplay so I can actually see if it is up to par with Blizzard quality. If not I wont bother.

Playing: WoW, EvE

Interested in: TOR, ER, GW2, WoD, Dust514

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by Remii718

When I tried the Aion beta the art style instantly turned me off. Since this OP is about Dungeons/raids I would like to ask one of the Aion fans to maybe link dungeon gameplay so I can actually see if it is up to par with Blizzard quality. If not I wont bother.

Considering that you put Aion on your 'Piece of Shit' list because you were 'turned off' by its graphics I think that you should skip this feigning interest step and go straight to not bothering.  Save everyone some time.

Assholeism aside; if you don't enjoy the graphics then you won't enjoy anything else about the game.  YouTube surely has some PvPvE instance gameplay up but most if not all of the plain-out PvE instances are being patched into 1.5 at release so there is likely no footage of them.

..except in the 1.5 preview video.

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

• KavaskousKavaskous Member Posts: 72
    • Types based on speed runs or full clears.
    • Leveling instances with quests you can obtain inside.
    • 12 new endgame dungeons were added in patch 1.5 which is considerable.
    • Secret rooms that sometimes spawn inside the castles you can take over with your faction and legion in the Abyss which sets up a treasure chest on a timer that you have to get to before it runs out.

In addition to these points made:

There is a wide array of instances and open dungeons. There are open PvP instances where you try to gimp the other faction or kill them off as you try to reach a common goal and claim it for the Elyos, there's the sieges/keeps in the abyss that are PvPvE which contain PvE instances, and most of the regular instances such as the pirate ship (don't ask) where it's 6 people only, and 6men are commonplace it seems.

Also, I have no doubts their trying to come up with a wider range than this in terms of PvE and more PvPvE instances such as the infamous Dreadgion.

Leader/Founder of Deritus Free Company - Chocobo Knights of Apocalypse Linkshell

Originally posted by Fortenc

Considering that you put Aion on your 'Piece of Shit' list because you were 'turned off' by its graphics I think that you should skip this feigning interest step and go straight to not bothering.  Save everyone some time.

Assholeism aside; if you don't enjoy the graphics then you won't enjoy anything else about the game.  YouTube surely has some PvPvE instance gameplay up but most if not all of the plain-out PvE instances are being patched into 1.5 at release so there is likely no footage of them.

..except in the 1.5 preview video.

I know most people wont admit it here but graphics play a big part in immersing a player into a MMO.  Aion for me felt like a improvement of Lineage 2 graphics. Also I found the UI awkward and for me that's enough to stop playing.  Also I've had games like Eve and GW on my PoS list and they improved, don't take offense to my list it changes.

Originally posted by Remii718 I know most people wont admit it here but graphics play a big part in immersing a player into a MMO.  Aion for me felt like a improvement of Lineage 2 graphics. Also I found the UI awkward and for me that's enough to stop playing.  Also I've had games like Eve and GW on my PoS list and they improved, don't take offense to my list it changes.

Fair enough then.  Everything that can be said about instances in Aion has pretty much been said here.  There are outdoor 'instance' areas with quests and bosses in an open world, levelling instances, PvPvE instances at end-game and a few PvE instances with lots more being added before NA/EU release.  If you don't like looking at the game you're playing, though, and you don't like the way you interact with it (IE the UI) then the instances probably won't be enough to sway the average WoW gamer.

I don't know how people can't be bored with WoW by now, though...

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

level 20s raid Black Claw

can ind part 2 yourselfs at right hand side :)

mau encampment raid 8 parter the entire raid

Originally posted by Remii718 I know most people wont admit it here but graphics play a big part in immersing a player into a MMO.  Aion for me felt like a improvement of Lineage 2 graphics. Also I found the UI awkward and for me that's enough to stop playing.  Also I've had games like Eve and GW on my PoS list and they improved, don't take offense to my list it changes.

Fair enough then.  Everything that can be said about instances in Aion has pretty much been said here.  There are outdoor 'instance' areas with quests and bosses in an open world, levelling instances, PvPvE instances at end-game and a few PvE instances with lots more being added before NA/EU release.  If you don't like looking at the game you're playing, though, and you don't like the way you interact with it (IE the UI) then the instances probably won't be enough to sway the average WoW gamer.

I don't know how people can't be bored with WoW by now, though...

Well i"m always looking for a second MMO and if the dungeons turn out to be really good I could adapt to the graphics and UI. The graphics aren't bad its the style that isn't my cup of tea.  I like WoWs dungeons, I like how the bosses have phases and mob pulls sometimes take a little pre-planning. I hate when I try a new MMO and the dungeons and just sub basements filled with mobs and tank and spank bosses.

As for the WoW comment, I did get bored of WoW and left for around two years. I'm back now to level my characters for the next expansion after that I'll probably be playing a second MMO like Eve or something that catches my Eye.

Well i"m always looking for a second MMO and if the dungeons turn out to be really good I could adapt to the graphics and UI. The graphics aren't bad its the style that isn't my cup of tea.  I like WoWs dungeons, I like how the bosses have phases and mob pulls sometimes take a little pre-planning. I hate when I try a new MMO and the dungeons and just sub basements filled with mobs and tank and spank bosses.  As for the WoW comment, I did get bored of WoW and left for around two years. I'm back now to level my characters for the next expansion after that I'll probably be playing a second MMO like Eve or something that catches my Eye.

I saw a video of a PvE raid boss fight and it looked rediculous.  Multi-phased so much so that 60% of the fight was getting him from 25%-0%.  I couldn't really understand what was happening being in Korean and very blurry, of course, but I don't think it will disappoint.  I already like the way that Aion doesn't require its healers to be just a healbattery 100% of the time; I wish MMOs would expand on that and not require characters to require a heal every hit they receive or die.  Maybe do a little stamina damage to everyone and tanks can take 5-6 hits but everyone else needs heals too so priorities must be made and healers can actually do some buffs, debuffs and damage in combat.

Originally posted by thamighty213

I'll be honest, Those videos turned me off completely.  When I think of a raid I don't see just a bunch of mobs plopped all over a map and people just zerging the damn thing with no organization. Go watch a video of one of WoWs endgame raids and you will see a story unfolding in front of you. A dungeon that requires organized individuals that take down bosses with truely epic encounters. I saw nothing like that in those videos.  Honestly those videos weren't even on par with Old level 60 WoW raids.

I'll keep an eye out for other videos but if that's what Aion has to offer the pve community westerners will simply pass it by.

Well i"m always looking for a second MMO and if the dungeons turn out to be really good I could adapt to the graphics and UI. The graphics aren't bad its the style that isn't my cup of tea.  I like WoWs dungeons, I like how the bosses have phases and mob pulls sometimes take a little pre-planning. I hate when I try a new MMO and the dungeons and just sub basements filled with mobs and tank and spank bosses.  As for the WoW comment, I did get bored of WoW and left for around two years. I'm back now to level my characters for the next expansion after that I'll probably be playing a second MMO like Eve or something that catches my Eye.

I saw a video of a PvE raid boss fight and it looked rediculous.  Multi-phased so much so that 60% of the fight was getting him from 25%-0%.  I couldn't really understand what was happening being in Korean and very blurry, of course, but I don't think it will disappoint.  I already like the way that Aion doesn't require its healers to be just a healbattery 100% of the time; I wish MMOs would expand on that and not require characters to require a heal every hit they receive or die.  Maybe do a little stamina damage to everyone and tanks can take 5-6 hits but everyone else needs heals too so priorities must be made and healers can actually do some buffs, debuffs and damage in combat.

That video I would love to see. right now the videos are meh at best.

thats the one hes referring to I think as you can see not a zerg fest and even with what looks like a half decent group they come mightily close to wiping on a few occasion's

those earlier ones are low level raid content when a prof doesnt really have his whole compliment of skill's so they generally turn to zerg's rather than tactical encounter's

Most of the riads are catered to wuite well for the char level earlier raids are just bring the numbers and the pain as you don't have all the tools for a proper raid so to speak many of the later ones have a bit more too them.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Op the first instance dungeon your gonna see will be at lvl30.  But you will see some bosses at the lower lvls.  Most of the content is between lvl30 and max lvl50.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• painbreakerpainbreaker Member Posts: 88

I'll be honest, Those videos turned me off completely.  When I think of a raid I don't see just a bunch of mobs plopped all over a map and people just zerging the damn thing with no organization. Go watch a video of one of WoWs endgame raids and you will see a story unfolding in front of you. A dungeon that requires organized individuals that take down bosses with truely epic encounters. I saw nothing like that in those videos.  Honestly those videos weren't even on par with Old level 60 WoW raids.

I'll keep an eye out for other videos but if that's what Aion has to offer the pve community westerners will simply pass it by.

Oh man, oh man... the WoW raids are so boring... sure, the Level 20's raids from AION are zergs, but the raids (hopefully) get better. I hope the raidbosses won't be 2hours of fight... I like to have a real challange, but doing dmg on a boss for 2hours for exemple isn't challenging, it's just boring. So I hope AION doesn't have these long fights (at the moment I just saw one vid, it wasn't the whole fight and it took ages) and I hope AION doesn't have these WoW Raids...

The only thing which was interesting about WoW was the leveling which was real fun. You played with your friends and discovered new worlds and everything reminded you of the WarCraft story (I read every WarCraft book)... and then there came the raids... 2-3 days a week the same stuff... every week the same bosses... a few bosses were challenging, but come on... most of the bosses in WoW are like this:

Tank takes aggro for a few seconds... the healers just HoT him and then click 1 all the time (Flash heal or something) and the DDs just try to make maxxxxx DAMAGE!!! ... tank dies - everything's over.

And then you get one EPIC!!! and you do it for weeks and weeks... months and months...

I know it's like this in most MMOs but seriously... WoW fights challenging? organized individuals... yeah, you take your position at the beginning of the fight and that's it... I think I played a different WoW...

But maybe it's a personal view... For me the WoW raids were way more boring than the lvling, but for others the raids were/are the most beautiful thing in WoW...

sorry for my 2 cents... but that's my opinion and everyone has his own opinion. :-)

your pain ^^

When the war of the beasts brings about the world’s end,
    the goddess descends from the sky, wings of light and dark spread afar.

That is actually it, thank you and good job o-video-finder.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Y the art style did surprise me too.. on the negative side. Was expecting a more westernized game not only in terms of gameplay but in terms of art aswel. Still game has potencial.. pitty the looks.

On the other side.. you are comparing it to wow, wich is a cartoonish game with elaborated playing cows.. ugh.. doesnt speak much for its art style aswel.. :p

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR

I'm curious as to why people care what side of the world graphics were developed on beyond their own personal preference and what, specifically, is undesirable about the asian aesthetic.  Asian games do tend to have a similar graphical look that hints at realism but remains stylized and overly perfect.. but so do some NA/EU games.  Some NA/EU games look completely cartoonish.  Some NA/EU games look photo-realistic, or as close to it as possible.

So.. what ARE NA/EU graphics? Pretty much anything, right?

How would one make a game 'designed graphically for NA/EU'?  Simply by making it not look like it was developed on the eastern side of the world?

This is just one of those things that I find confusing.. it's hard to tell what people want.  Maybe the NA/EU style is surrealist melting clocks?  Possibly, there haven't been enough games created on this side of the world with one specific look to to rule it out.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

It is the lore aswel dude, not only the art.

While it might be fun to fight a talking flower for some people in the East, i for instance find it utterly ridiculous, even if its a phantasy game.. or fighting talking rabbits, or teddy bears, alongside with demons and more 'realistic' mobs. It just doesnt fit.. like painting a wall with red green and yellow stripes with pink circles alltogether.. doesnt fit.. simple.

While i respect the taste eastern people have for theese looks / lore etc, that doesnt mean i have to like it.. wich i dont.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by EduardoASG

It is the lore aswel dude, not only the art.
    While it might be fun to fight a talking flower for some people in the East, i for instance find it utterly ridiculous, even if its a phantasy game.. or fighting talking rabbits, or teddy bears, alongside with demons and more 'realistic' mobs. It just doesnt fit.. like painting a wall with red green and yellow stripes with pink circles alltogether.. doesnt fit.. simple.
    While i respect the taste eastern people have for theese looks / lore etc, that doesnt mean i have to like it.. wich i dont.

But you still play them ! looking at the list of games you have played ?  SWG / WoW  had those things but you must have overlooked that part because it was a western game and western games don't have these types of things correct !!

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...