Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Free and DIFFERENT than the others.

Sponge3737Sponge3737 Member Posts: 25

I'm looking for a free game to pass the time with that isn't just another of the 700 ftp asian origin games that are all starting to look the same with such small differences its not even worth downloading.

I'd just like a free MMO... or even a free game download that I can't play online to pass the time for a few days... PREFERABLY an action rpg if its single player. Something I'm not going to be bored with within the first 10 minutes...

Examples of games I'm bored with:

1. Guild Wars

2. Rohan

3. Spellborn

4. Antlantica

5. 9 Dragons

6. The 500 games exactly like all the ones I just said.

Please, No FPS or TPS games... strategy games are ok... Assistance would be much appreciated..

Comments

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Goto Kongregate.com and play all their flash games.  They have literally hundreds of games to choose from in all formats and they even have some of the best card games (sort of like yugioh)  I have ever played.  Sonny and Sonny 2 are some really well put together RPG's and they also have some really nice effects and music.  Flash games have advanced to the point where where they rival the graphics and fun factor of many pay 2 play games... and they don't take 2 months of play to start to enjoy!  (Ala Eve lol)  For me the draw in a good MMO has to be an instant and ever evolving fun.  If it's not fun and engaging from the start why even bother?

For a MMO I would try out Ether Saga.  Some people complain about it but it's a lot of fun right from the start.  Once you get into the missions you'll be hit with a lot of kill-x amount of creatures...  just like every other mmo!  But if you take your time and explore the pet system and appreciate the art direction and the musical score it will last you more than a few days. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• Elitekill4Elitekill4 Member Posts: 99

If you want a good card game, you can try Urban Rivals.

The game is one of those games that have the "easy to play, hard to master" qualities and it might last you a while. :D It depends on your tastes. Urban Rivals is a Flash game.

Personally, for a newbie, I'd pick the Montana clan since they're pretty easy to play but I haven't really played them yet. One of the more expensive clans and harder to play is the Piranas, which rely more on bluffing and how you use your pillz (aka Pillz Manipulation) to confuse the opponent.

If you want to get the best cards, you either have to win a lot of Clintz (Urban Rivals' currency) or if you have extra cash lying around, you can probably buy a card pack or two from the Store. Good luck (btw my name on here is same on Urban Rivals).

Oh, and the link: www.urban-rivals.net

• Sponge3737Sponge3737 Member Posts: 25

To be honest I'm looking for more download and play stuff... not really into flash... and Ether Saga is a bit too... kiddy anime looking for me.... Anyone have any less asian selections of that nature? Or am I doomed to guild wars and pay to play for anything decent that doesn't give me slanted eyes...

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Honestly, the only truly different game is EVE Online and it is damn good!

PM if interested in 21 day trial or download one off the Steam.

God no... I HAAAATED eve so much... it is NOT my style of choice... It reminded me of Star Commander... and how much I hated that game too... Its just not the thing I like.

If it helps anyone... My favorite game ever is CoH, however I have no $ to re-sub for the time being, so I'm trying to find a substitute for the next few days... Doesn't need to be a lifetime commitment.. just something I can genuinly have fun with... I come from games like D2, BG, and DK... Those 3 are probably my all time favorites(Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Keeper). As for MMOs, CoH of course.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Sorry, I just don't like EVE at all... Nothing against the game, but I've always hated spaceship pilot games. Sure its different, but it seems like a completely different genre to me as well, one in which I do not enjoy.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Yeah I feel pretty much the same as the OP.  I got bored of Fallen Earth, WoW, Requiem Bloodymare, Last Chaos, blah blah, etc, etc...

Well I'm reinstalling the new version of RF, but only out of desperation (really that's how bored I am atm).  RF is a game i used to play years ago, before the item shop, when you had to pay monthly.

I'm sure it will be a mistake to reinstall it, and try it out now with the updated graphics and all, as I predict it will be even grindier then the pre-item shop grindfest it used to be.  The only reason really I'm trying it again was that I remember during the Chip Wars, it was a faction war free for all 200+ man fight to death for mining rights.  I remember the pvp in that sense was fun, ... but I quit eventually due to the grind.

And so I'm SOOOO BORED, that I'm daring to try this "new" version, though I have a HUGE feeling that I'm just wasting my time and setting myself up for disappointment.

Wish me luck... meh I got like 4 hours to go on downloading the client (as my old discs wouldn't let me update off it).

I'm trying this Runes of Magic now... with low expectations... hopefully I get surprised.. buuut probably not  =

*anxiously awaits gw2, d3, ga, and coh rogue*

• ricma985ricma985 Member Posts: 84

The only thing i can say is to wait for Allods online. It will be free and hopefuly not just another chew and spitout game... Hopefuly...

Runes of Magic was interesting... held my attention for about a day... I might still play it... Its got an interesting dual classing system which sets it kind of apart from other free mmos. As far as free mmos go, its probably one of the top 3 that I I've played (Rohan, Atlantica, RoM)

• Dr.RockDr.Rock Member Posts: 603

If you are still looking around the 9th Sept then DDO is certainly different.

• Vion1xVion1x Member Posts: 188

its so sad to see games nowdays, when u played ur first 3-4 MMO's then its just the story over and over again, oh wait with a few changes like how u fight or how u use ur skills or whatever.

but when u pick up a MMO nowdays, even before u enter it u know what its like.... Pick a class, either warrio or mage (sub clasess) go gain lvl's and find items, either by quests or griding or something simular, and just keep doing that.

we got like every game running that way, im also looking for something that is DIFFERENT, not just a new combat system or a new skill system or whatever, but a game that stands out.

So far out of all the games I've played... which I think you can see in my profile thingy... the only games I've been able to play more than once(meaning, quit, then actually come back to and enjoy) seem to be the mainstreamers... Guild Wars especially, because its free.... Age of Conan.. until they ruined it with the nge in june. WoW gets my attention every few months... City of Heroes has been and still is my favorite MMO, and I love that they come out with new content all the time still. Warhammer I enjoyed... but for some reason never could keep my interest in it passed level 20. As for free MMOs... They all get boring after a few levels because the only way to reach max level is by constant non-stop months on end griding that the asians expect everyone to be able to do... and then have NO content end level except for pvp anyway. I miss when level didn't mean SO much in a game... where you didn't have to be max level to be good. Diablo 2 is the more specific one I mean.... It was a game where you could be one of the best on there, and STILL have room for improvement and new levels. Now the only games around anymore require months of work to be of ANY use in the game other than a leveling partner or a power level payer... and to be honest, I do want to try DDO, but I don't have the money right now. Hence why I made this topic... to try and find a free MMO that didn't bore me to tears... even runes of magic got boring already.

• Xyfire1Xyfire1 Member Posts: 128

You can try Rakion.. It's an ijji game. It'll pass the time until Aion comes out...

Rakion is old news... way old news... I played that in like 06/07. I preffered Exsteel and Gunz much more than rakion... just didn't like the style I guess, plus its horribly unbalanced... especially when you like the big slow characters with weak ranged attacks >.>