Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jedi can now use armor.

BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=968241        At least we can use armor again.   Should make a big differnce, since I can make a set of armor with much better stats than the robes in game. 

Comments

• bond284bond284 Member UncommonPosts: 22

Just like old times I see.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

........I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

well...other than to take another shot of whiskey...

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Wow, what's the catch?

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

Wow, what's the catch?

none, apparently...other than the fact that those who already completed their meditate / waistpack / cloak grind will probably still have higher stat stacking than those in armor.

But it kinda looks like it gives a viable alternative to farming NS / FS for months.

• koopa11988koopa11988 Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

Wow, what's the catch?

none, apparently...other than the fact that those who already completed their meditate / waistpack / cloak grind will probably still have higher stat stacking than those in armor.

But it kinda looks like it gives a viable alternative to farming NS / FS for months.

This is completely off topic, but I've been lurking for ages and just want to say that I've always loved your sig animation.

Hella creepy in  a non creepy way. 

Originally posted by koopa11988

This is completely off topic, but I've been lurking for ages and just want to say that I've always loved your sig animation.

Hella creepy in  a non creepy way. 

thanks man :)

• jakfoxjakfox Member Posts: 50

Zombies...now jedi in armor.  Great.

How is this dev team not fired?

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

Just like they did in the movies.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

I think i missed that 7th movie with all that stuff in it?

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Here are the details for the GU 12 Jedi Armor Use -

forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m

I admit that i agree with the reasoning and the decision to allow Jedi to wear armor. There maybe players having a meltdown over this, but it is not hurting any other professions or other players' game play.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by Kazara

Here are the details for the GU 12 Jedi Armor Use -
    forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m
    I admit that i agree with the reasoning and the decision to allow Jedi to wear armor. There maybe players having a meltdown over this, but it is not hurting any other professions or other players' game play.

Game plays a joke anyways.   They ruined the combat system and game play for the NGE, which was meant to make it not buff wars.    Two years later thier are more buffs in game than ever, and you cant compete anymore without 4 rows of buffs.    Jedi armor is one way to even things up without actually fixing the lack of a exotic attachment for cloaks.     Jedi still get shafted on sabers I still dont see them adding in the extra crit slot other weapons get.    

Its still the same over at SOE one step forward 10 steps back.  

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630
    Originally posted by BullseyeArc1

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=968241        At least we can use armor again.   Should make a big differnce, since I can make a set of armor with much better stats than the robes in game. 

9 pieces of armor + an instance back pack will get you 1125 in total stats.

MJC + WP + socket clothing will get you 1370 in total stats.

I don't believe there will be many jedi choosing to give up over 245 points in stats to gain a little bit of customization.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Subject should be "Jedi can use armor again"

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Mathos

You missed out.  It was great.  There were characters doing quests that involved running around in caves shooting at spiders for some reason, epic battles involving two people standing right in front of each other but one of them couldn't fight back because they couldn't see their opponent, other epic battles where people were being shot at through walss but not able to fight back, Rogues from WoW that were called spies, some scenes were just empty buildings, but other scenes had a bunch of people in them, but they switched to a slideshow format for those.  Then the movie crashed and the audience left.  A good time was had by all...

Originally posted by Gutboy

9 pieces of armor + an instance back pack will get you 1125 in total stats.

MJC + WP + socket clothing will get you 1370 in total stats.

I don't believe there will be many jedi choosing to give up over 245 points in stats to gain a little bit of customization.

Depends on what your stacking, , the big thing is getting more exotics stacked.    If im missing 50 agil 50 luck 50 const as an example wont matter much at all, the bonus is more than likey not even noticable.    The stacked crit on a chest piece shirt, saber, and then pups is what you want or whatever you stack.      They need to redo saber crafting so we could put in the extra crit that weaponsmiths can build. 

And yes we can use it again, but back then all the stuff was in the skills not the armor or robes.   I made Jedi early CU, I remember the defense or offense was in the skill trees.    You could mix it up alot more since thier were many more skills than we have now.    Think the best was a mix of healing tanking and what you liked best, me I liked master powers. 

• ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581

The best cloak/robe is better then armor.

Armor will only help Jedi that are leveling, and jedi who don't have the elder robe/collection cloak suit with bodo baas belt.

It will NOT give top jedi any boost, other then simply more options, and more options for the appearence tabs.

I am glad we can wear armor once again. The appearence tab rocks. SWG is much improved from it's former NGE release blunder.

Originally posted by Shohadaku

Armor will only help Jedi that are leveling, and jedi who don't have the elder robe/collection cloak suit with bodo baas belt.
    It will NOT give top jedi any boost, other then simply more options, and more options for the appearence tabs.
    I am glad we can wear armor once again. The appearence tab rocks. SWG is much improved from it's former NGE release blunder.

translation: the ones who don't feel like grinding the same mob for nine fucking months.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

translation: the ones who don't feel like grinding the same mob for nine fucking months.

Yeh the collection quest brings back the Jedi grind of old lol. However theres something weirdly fun about it knowing that you're working towards getting something badass....... though the new collection cloaks are really ugly.

Yeh the collection quest brings back the Jedi grind of old lol. However theres something weirdly fun about it knowing that you're working towards getting something badass....... though the new collection cloaks are really ugly.

Meh, I prefer the old Jedi grinds. This new system of killing FS on Dant and NS on Dath until your eyes bleed does nothing for me.

At least there was some variation to the old systems.

Meh, I prefer the old Jedi grinds. This new system of killing FS on Dant and NS on Dath until your eyes bleed does nothing for me.

I did it all afk, made a macro that fired of and whatever my cursor was pointing at was the only thing that I would attack.    So I lined myself up at the NS vs POI and ground out my sith holos and on Yavin thier are two stactic fast spawns for jedi holos.   I run two differnt macros, one that specific targets worked also very well for the DW bunker.     The other was a area targeting, it was great for grinding out junk loot and rare collections.       The only grind I ever hated was the run to the village to turn in points.    

But this is something you see in almost every mmo, Ive seen macrod groups, one guy with a few alts raiding instances for rares.     You can make a very slim living doing this.    Talked to a few people in EVE that make a couple bucks doing this.    They let you sell SK or credits for Time.    Then turn around and sell the time vouchers for cash.  

I did it all afk, made a macro that fired of and whatever my cursor was pointing at was the only thing that I would attack.    So I lined myself up at the NS vs POI and ground out my sith holos and on Yavin thier are two stactic fast spawns for jedi holos.   I run two differnt macros, one that specific targets worked also very well for the DW bunker.     The other was a area targeting, it was great for grinding out junk loot and rare collections.       The only grind I ever hated was the run to the village to turn in points.    

But this is something you see in almost every mmo, Ive seen macrod groups, one guy with a few alts raiding instances for rares.     You can make a very slim living doing this.    Talked to a few people in EVE that make a couple bucks doing this.    They let you sell SK or credits for Time.    Then turn around and sell the time vouchers for cash.  

Yeah, I know...a lot of people afk macro them. I afk macroed junk loot, I'll admit...but tbh, I don't consider a game that I have to play AFK for months worth the $15.

Fuck, if I wanted to play a game AFK I'd prolly still be playing Darkfall ;)

I'd take  7 minute swoop rides to the village through NS and rancors (with a case of extra swoops in my bag, of course) any day over playing afk, chasing Dark Adepts around, or fighting for POI spawns on Bria or Starsider.

• DovregubbenDovregubben Member UncommonPosts: 18

Incoming jedi stormtroopers.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Obee

You missed out.  It was great.  There were characters doing quests that involved running around in caves shooting at spiders for some reason, epic battles involving two people standing right in front of each other but one of them couldn't fight back because they couldn't see their opponent, other epic battles where people were being shot at through walss but not able to fight back, Rogues from WoW that were called spies, some scenes were just empty buildings, but other scenes had a bunch of people in them, but they switched to a slideshow format for those.  Then the movie crashed and the audience left.  A good time was had by all...

Lmao.... what? hahahaha!!! Rotfl them battles was hilarious. SWG was Hilarious.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by slim26

Originally posted by Obee

Lmao.... what? hahahaha!!! Rotfl them battles was hilarious. SWG was Hilarious.

www.youtube.com/watch