Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars prophecies Dungeons/Instances?

EleExtremoEleExtremo Member Posts: 7

I would like to know if there are any Dungeons or Instances in GWP? 

Thanks

EleExtemo

Comments

• takayitakayi Member Posts: 158

Not really dungeons / instances, but ALL the quests are done in a closed area, where only you (and your group / henchmen) will be. SO; the whole world is pretty much instanced and soloplay.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Guild Wars is heavily instanced. I don't think it's a bad thing though.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• EleExtremoEleExtremo Member Posts: 7

Ok, Thanks. Also is there mounts in Guild wars?

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

when you go out of a town or outpost thru a portal, its an instance, until you go back to town or another outpost
    GW Proph has Sorrows Furnace, a massive dungeon where you can get unique weapons and do lots of repeatable quests

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

no mounts in GW Proph cuz you dont really need it
    once you "unlock" a town or outpost, you can map travel (teleport) to that anytime, anywhere you are

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• EleExtremoEleExtremo Member Posts: 7

Cool, thanks.

• ClashXClashX Member Posts: 10

I think what OP meant was repeatable dungeons. It's true that all non outpost/town areas are instances but there is "Tombs of the Primeval Kings" which is a very nice  dungeon like experience consisting of multiple stages getting tougher as you progress through them ( tho technically it's all open areas)

In hardmode it's fun to go with a group. Though these days people tend to solo it.  And as another  person already posted there's Surrow's Furnance too.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Sorrow's Furnace and Tombs are about it for dungeon type instances in Prophecies. There are some explorable instances that are dungeon like or mission like (if you wipe, you have to start from the beginning) which are The Underworld and Fissure of Woe.

If you are really interested in Dungeons in Guild Wars I suggest picking up Eye of the North, it has 18 of them.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216
    Originally posted by EleExtremo

Thanks

EleExtemo

If you want Guild Wars dungeons and instances get Eye of the North. Its the latest expansion but your required to have at least one game to play the expansion (prof,factions,or nightfall). 15-20 dungeons I think eye of the north has? From what I hear their a blast.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Thanks

EleExtemo

if i recall there are kind of dungeon in faction its for the elitist if im correct fairly hard to find if you dont know what to look for

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

Thanks

EleExtemo

if i recall there are kind of dungeon in faction its for the elitist if im correct fairly hard to find if you dont know what to look for

Yes there are elite areas in factions and nightfall in which you can't use henchmen. Urgoz and The Deep in Factions, Domain of Anguish in Nightfall.