Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion=L3???

2»

Comments

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

Very L3ish

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Comming from a 4 year Lineage 2 vet I can say that Aion is nonthing like Lineage 2 at all. I had been following Aion for a couple of years and when I finally got into the first beta I was very disappointed because to me it was nonthing like Lineage 2 as I thought it would be. The only thing they have in common is that both have a Korean art style. Everything about gameplay is different. Lineage 2 has open world, open free for all pvp at LV 1, much faster combat where you use your skills when needed rather than basically being forced to use them every mob that you fight and most of all Lineage 2 is the only game I have ever played where the players control every aspect of the game. As for Aion I said to my self that I will just have to adapt to this quest based play style because I really wanted to play Aion. It was not until the past beta that Aion really began to pull me in.

I really have my eyes set on Terra because I think its the original Lineage 3 that was being made but got scrapped. Its been said that Terra will release in Korea later this year and release in the west fall of next year so I know what my next game will be.

• RedluciferRedlucifer Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Korvenus

Comming from a 4 year Lineage 2 vet I can say that Aion is nonthing like Lineage 2 at all. I had been following Aion for a couple of years and when I finally got into the first beta I was very disappointed because to me it was nonthing like Lineage 2 as I thought it would be. The only thing they have in common is that both have a Korean art style. Everything about gameplay is different. Lineage 2 has open world, open free for all pvp at LV 1, much faster combat where you use your skills when needed rather than basically being forced to use them every mob that you fight and most of all Lineage 2 is the only game I have ever played where the players control every aspect of the game. As for Aion I said to my self that I will just have to adapt to this quest based play style because I really wanted to play Aion. It was not until the past beta that Aion really began to pull me in.
    I really have my eyes set on Terra because I think its the original Lineage 3 that was being made but got scrapped. Its been said that Terra will release in Korea later this year and release in the west fall of next year so I know what my next game will be.

dude really now no one said that the pvp is the same ....obviously its different and i like it however the game is a replica of a Lineage game in the character/models/skills/pretty much the entire mechanics except for the pvp system and also adding a Broker and a few more polishing aspects i mean they didnt even change the names of most the skills for the classes.  As for the grinding aspect of L2 well let's think bout this for a second......change the rations maybe.......quite simple, probably the most simple change Game Dev's can do without destroying a games mechanics

http://knoxiouslegion.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=100733&t=3254960

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

There may be some similarities between the two games, but, there are so many differences. Aion doesn't play like L2 and for me is a better game to play.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Redlucifer

dude really now no one said that the pvp is the same ....obviously its different and i like it however the game is a replica of a Lineage game in the character/models/skills/pretty much the entire mechanics except for the pvp system and also adding a Broker and a few more polishing aspects i mean they didnt even change the names of most the skills for the classes.  As for the grinding aspect of L2 well let's think bout this for a second......change the rations maybe.......quite simple, probably the most simple change Game Dev's can do without destroying a games mechanics

The character models are quite different, L2's are way too dated and plastic, while Aion models are more alive, they have more animation frames for everything.

The skills are the same? L2 uses almost no skills at all to start with, at least when I played, archers would use auto attack hoping for a crit and nukers would use their spammable nuke, try to do that in aion...

The entire mechanics? Like what? Leveling in L2 is done through grinding mobs in the wild, while in Aion you can do that, or quest, or do instances, or pvp, or craft or gather to earn xp.

I still cant see where you're trying to get to, but this game, excepting in its artistic style, is the complete oppossite of L2.

Originally posted by Ephimero

The character models are quite different, L2's are way too dated and plastic, while Aion models are more alive, they have more animation frames for everything.

The skills are the same? L2 uses almost no skills at all to start with, at least when I played, archers would use auto attack hoping for a crit and nukers would use their spammable nuke, try to do that in aion...

The entire mechanics? Like what? Leveling in L2 is done through grinding mobs in the wild, while in Aion you can do that, or quest, or do instances, or pvp, or craft or gather to earn xp.

I still cant see where you're trying to get to, but this game, excepting in its artistic style, is the complete oppossite of L2.

I am still subscribed to Lineage 2 today playing a S Grade Wind Rider on Phoenix server. I can easily tell that that guy knows nonthing at all about Lineage 2 if he thinks the skills, character modes and game mechanics play the same.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

In 2007 the source code for Lineage 3 was stolen by 7 employees. Aion was already in the works. The thief was a major setback costing them millions and years of work.

www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/04/former_ncsoft_e/

Since then NCSoft restarted the project from scratch in 2008 so it's going to be awhile.

lineage3.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/lineage-3-not-yet/

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

I could care less what`s the name of the game.

As long as it entertains me for an hour or two every day you can call it Hello Kitty Online 3 and I`ll still play it.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

{mod edit}

Actually there is WASD movement in L2.

You need to activate it in the settings  in a wierd spot. (you have to check the "click to chat" box or something like that) It's kinda sluggish but it is there.

L2 was also made with the Unreal 2 engine, the same engine Vanguard was made with. It's amazing that in L2 yu can get hundreds of avatars onscreen at a time but in Vanguard you can hardly get 10 or 20 without serious performance drop offs. SOE's modifications are never for the better.....

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Ok really now why is that i have to poin this out........ Aion is like L3 the same char models/classes/skills , but shinier and with wings, don't get me wrong i loved L2 and Aion is sick im def gonna play it.

BUT ITS LINEAGE3 IMO

It has similarity's but the simple fact L3 development is still ongoing then NCSoft certainly don't believe it is.

Originally posted by Torak

{mod edit}

You need to activate it in the settings  in a wierd spot. (you have to check the "click to chat" box or something like that) It's kinda sluggish but it is there.

L2 was also made with the Unreal 2 engine, the same engine Vanguard was made with. It's amazing that in L2 yu can get hundreds of avatars onscreen at a time but in Vanguard you can hardly get 10 or 20 without serious performance drop offs. SOE's modifications are never for the better.....

The WASD in L2 is not like other games. You can move forward and backwards by pressing W or A but you can not move left and right. If you press A or S it rotates the camera left or right. You cannot use the WASD as a primary way to move in L2. You have to use click to move. I only use it when I am in a crowded town like Giran where clicking is hard because of all the player shops scattered around. Its also good for when you get stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

• BureykuBureyku Member Posts: 488

No L3 is/was a seperate game.  Not sure it's status now...

The WASD in L2 is not like other games. You can move forward and backwards by pressing W or A but you can not move left and right. If you press A or S it rotates the camera left or right. You cannot use the WASD as a primary way to move in L2. You have to use click to move. I only use it when I am in a crowded town like Giran where clicking is hard because of all the player shops scattered around. Its also good for when you get stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

You missed my point, it is there. How it operates is subjective. It works and you can enable it.

You missed my point, it is there. How it operates is subjective. It works and you can enable it.

You are wrong. I checked today and there is not even an option to enable WASD. Lineage 2 does not use WASD movement. Its click to move and any Lineage 2 player will tell you the same thing.

You are wrong. I checked today and there is not even an option to enable WASD. Lineage 2 does not use WASD movement. Its click to move and any Lineage 2 player will tell you the same thing.

Look man,

As I said before it's not labeled "movement" or anything. It's labeled "enter to chat" (it use to be click to chat)

Normally, as L2 is default click to move, anytime you press any keyboard button, it goes to the chat box. You disable that and you have click to move.

It's fairly well known.

As I said it is sluggish and  not very good but it works. I will meet you ingame if you need me to explain further, please PM me here if you do. The camera does not rotate around you although your toon tries to face you when you are done rotating.

And yes I did "just check it" so this is not old info.

I dont have to meet you in game. Tell me exactly what each key does for your character and lets see if I was wrong.  L2 is not WASD. WASD is moving your character Foward, Back, Left and Right using the WASD keys. You cannot move your character this way in Lineage 2.  What part of this you dont understand? Clicking Enter Chat means WASD? LMAO

This is taken directly from Wikipedia. Look it up your self if you dont believe me.

WASD positioning.WASD (,AOE on Dvorak keyboards) is a set of four keys on a QWERTY or QWERTZ computer keyboard which mimics the inverted-T configuration of the arrow keys. These keys are often used to control the player character's movement in computer games. W/S control forward and backward and A/D control strafing left and right.

As I stated earler. The A and D keys does not move your character Left and Right so how is this WASD movement?

• drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

I dont have to meet you in game. You go in game by your self and tell me exactly what each key does for you character and then comeback and tell me that I was wrong. L2 is not WASD. WASD is moving your character Foward, Back, Left and Right using the WASD keys. You cannot move your character this way in Lineage 2. What part of this you dont understand? Clicking Enter Chat means WASD? LMAO

If you click the enter to chat the keys are set up so you can use WASD to move with. They change this way back.

How do i know it was the only way i played when in game.

So yes Enter Chat means WASD 

http://www.lineage2.com/guide/new_l2.html

look under Welcome to the World of Lineage II and it will state what you dont think you can in game

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

Ok, where can I meet you in game. My IGN is Korvenus on Phoenix. I want to see either of you move you character left and right using the A and D keys.