Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally found a good way to make money.

2»

Comments

• pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106

Seems like CCP is adding more PvE to their PvP game with WH, epic arc missions and now lvl 4 epic Arc missions for ppl like the OP.   Also, OP you can do complexs which have great isk from bounty and if you salvage and loot you make a nice earning.  Overall, you need to find a corp, that's when the game opens up.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Every Corp I've joined has been horrible and I've given up on them now. The actual big good corps don't accept people who have low skills and my friend who is in this big corp wants me to join but he said I can't for another month for some reason and their name is Goons... I mean do I really wanna join a corp with the name Goons? Each time I look for a corp myself they always end up to be horrible and they never play the game, just logon to switch skills. So I leave the Corp and i get an email asking why I left and so I said it's because they don't actually play the game. So I get threats from them and saying I'm a noob and shit.

It's like does everyone have to be horrible in the game? In local constantly is people spamming buy ISK messages and I don't understand why CCP just don't allow Trial accounts to talk in local and give them their own channel. The other day I had some guy come take my Salavge and I wasn't even allowed to kill him so he was just there insulting me. It's like can't people grow up in this game? In Star Wars Galaxies Pre NGE my server Farstar had the nicest community. We'd all queue at boss mobs (cause there was no instancing) and we'd have a chat but in EVE everyones a complete dick head.

Weird thing is the corps I've joined they all want something from you like Tax or whatever and to help them out but they give you nothing in return. I asked for some items so I could be better as a tackler and they told me they get it myself. Now I don't have enough ISK and the whole point of a Corp is to help it's members out. Again when I used to play SWG Pre CU I used to wai toutside Starports and help noobs outs. I would invite people to our guild and give the new players everything they needed to get started. I'd give them armour, weapons, a house and a vehicles and then tell them to join us. In EVE it's just been sorry you joined our Corp but we can't help.

Also again I don't understand why you couldn't have Arena type PVP with rankings in EVE. It would be fun and it wouldn't have any effect on world PVP because people still need to make money and corps will still be fighting over 0.0. I don't understand why you can't have story in a sandbox because SWG Pre CU had story inside it's sandbox.... granted it had very little but it's easy to add upon that.

Lastly I don't get why CCP say the servers going up at 12:30 and then delay it till 14:30 and then till 16:30 and they'll probably delay it again. That just serves to piss me off cause I went out and planned to come back to play and oh look it's delayed. They shoulda said up at some point today so I know I should just spend my day elsewhere.

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Op, I say wait for JGE ( Jumpgate Evolution ) thats more what you're looking for imo.

I wish it wasn't delayed... We'll have to wait til 2010 I guess. The game sound much better than EvE to me & I bet I'm not the only one that think so. Will it deliver... it remain to be seen though.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by RDBeast

Your just not thinking about all the thousands of players who arnt in big corps or alliances that would like easy access to fair pvp whenever they want rather than having to wait for an alliance to announce one, also it would not be as stable as an actual game mechanic which would allow basically instant action. It might even be good for people to meet and make friends too.

Ask for 1v1's in local.  Many people will be more than happy to oblige.  I swear people need to use their imagination.  You don't have to wait around for someone to announce a tourney.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

I understand sandbox games perfectly well, but i also understand when a system can be put inplace to make a possiblity better and more easily acessible. It not destroying the possibility its making the possibility easily accesible. The fact is players cant run stuff like this in comparison to if a system was actually put in place, it would be much better in my opinion. I know that CCP have mentioned it before actually if you ever watched Eve TV, but they only mentioined it vaguely.

Wrong.

It has been done by players.  It is done by players.  You're just too lazy to use your immagination and do it yourself.  We don't need PVP arenas in EVE.  Not that I'm "against" such a feature but there's really no need for it.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

Originally posted by Varny
    I don't understand why you can't have story inside a sandbox.

There is story in EVE, its just that its written by the players. Theres backstory and roleplay, and theres politics and war, betrayal and acts of defiance, epic fights and last stands. The best part is that its actually happening.

Every Corp I've joined has been horrible and I've given up on them now. The actual big good corps don't accept people who have low skills and my friend who is in this big corp wants me to join but he said I can't for another month for some reason and their name is Goons... I mean do I really wanna join a corp with the name Goons?

Hahahaha, goons have a skillpoint requirement? How many corps have you been in in the brief time you've been in EVE? you sound like a corp hopper constantly seeing what he can get from one corp without contributing anything, and then moving on to the next.

It really does sound like you want EVE to be something that its not, and I'm sorry to say that if EVE doesnt grab you, you wont fall in love with it. Its like marmite. Perhaps you should leave it a year and maybe try again? After playing JGE or STO your tastes might change.

Oh, and right click someone in local and select "block" if you dont want to hear them any more.

Originally posted by Varny

Every Corp I've joined has been horrible and I've given up on them now. The actual big good corps don't accept people who have low skills and my friend who is in this big corp wants me to join but he said I can't for another month for some reason and their name is Goons...

1) Most corps are horrible

2) The actual good corps aren't generally big

3) The actual GOOD corps don't necessarily have an SP limit

4) Goons are NOT a good corp they're just big and they don't have SP limits but you can't just join them either.  There are only 2 legit ways to get into Goonfleet:  1) Be a member of the Something Awful forums and apply or 2) Be SPONSORED by a member.  But goons don't have an SP requirement... at all... and even so... I don't recommend them to anyone.

What kind of corp are you looking for and what are you trying to get out of EVE?  I know a LOT of good corporations I could recommend to you but you sort of need to tell us what you're looking for.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Nope still disagree, i dont think its as accesible as you believe, i think it should be morme than some small player driven thing, i think it should be a universally known thing. You seem to think everyone knows about these tournaments that alliances hold, the main one people really know about is the actual alliance tournaments...

Same 'arguments' can be raised for any other player created content. Does that make a premise for turning all player content into built in features?

I asked you to give out reasoning why PVP Arenas are more important and worth than other player created content.
    Why don't you answer this?

...but im not talking about that im talking about alot more small scale pvp.... pvp not just for the elite, dog fights and small group fights. I think you are deluded into believing that all this is easily accesible to players in eve.

PVP in EVE is very accessible. That is no way an issue.

I mean your not really discussing it at all your just completelly dismissing it because you have your compeltely biased view of the players can do it, so leave it at that.

Am I not debating? How so?

You don't like it I suppose but that is not my fault. This discussion goes as follows:

1: PVP Arenas should be made as feature.
    2: How so?
    1: Um, dunno.
    2: Yeah...

Thats a load of bullshit, and how can you say it doesnt fit the eve universe, the eve universe is full of pvp and hostilities it makes perfect sense to have this kind of system in the eve universe how can you say otherwise.

Whole concept of EVE is UNSECURED space with commitement to non-consensual combat as soon as you undock.
    How does PVP arena fits in is beyonfd my understanding.

The other features you meantioned that are player driven are not things that would compliment the game much at all, they are just mediocre and theres no need for it to be added as an ingame feature.

Sure, that is your opinion. I personaly don't think lotery where are Titans given out is something meaningless.
    Do you have some numbers how much ISK goes through player created content to back-up your statement how worthless they are?

The whole point with turning it into a proper feature is so the whole population of the game can take part, and they all know that it exists in game.
    I think an arena feature would actually probably bring more players to eve, it would be very fun.

Yeah, elfs and flying mounts would attract more players too, btw.

EDIT:
    Especialy the elfs! Don't forget the elfs!

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    Originally posted by Gdemami

I would actually like some sort of arena thing as the OP suggested.... perhaps get a high level of insurance for losing a ship and lots of people would probably take place. Its ogod pvp practice and to be honest i dont think its a bad thing when considering the lore of the game. An NPC company could easily be implemented as if they are hosting this competition. I think it would be very fun and a great thing to do in groups. The only thing with it i guess would be the balance issues, how would you make sure the fight is balanced..... perhaps just have a frig only arena or something, or cruisers only etc etc.

Arenas can and are created by players themself.

is already created by players www.eve-arena.com/

BestSigEver :P

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by cosy

Originally posted by Gdemami

I would actually like some sort of arena thing as the OP suggested.... perhaps get a high level of insurance for losing a ship and lots of people would probably take place. Its ogod pvp practice and to be honest i dont think its a bad thing when considering the lore of the game. An NPC company could easily be implemented as if they are hosting this competition. I think it would be very fun and a great thing to do in groups. The only thing with it i guess would be the balance issues, how would you make sure the fight is balanced..... perhaps just have a frig only arena or something, or cruisers only etc etc.

Arenas can and are created by players themself.

is already created by players www.eve-arena.com/

Problem I have is it isn't Official.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

If thats a problem for you, avoid sandbox games like the plague in the future, stick to themeparks and their official stuff.

• GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547

Yeah and look how many people are signed up to it.... hardly anyone because it is just not an easy simple way to have a good fair fight, people wont join up because it would just not have any impact on anything and its not widely accepted by the players as a good easily accessible pvp system. If an arena feature was added then you can make it really easily accesable to everyone, i  bet you alot of people would use it because it would be alot better.

It seems to me you want to just rule the idea out because you think for some reason it takes away the sandbox element, which is actually complete bullshit, it just compliments the fact that its possible to do and creates an easier way for people to just have some fair competative pvp whenever they want, its got nothing to do with making the game more of a themepark like you think, perhaps when you think of an Arena system it automatically makes you think "WoW", and therefore makes you think its a bad idea for this specific game or something. I think it would even possibly draw some people to the game and keep people playing if it was implemented really well. I dont actually see any drawbacks to having a system like this implemented into the game, i think it can only be a good thing and it would not degrade anything else in eve, only make it better.

Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852
    Originally posted by ameese

Wow. What have you got, maybe 90, 100k sp? if that? You haven't even scratched the surface of Eve.
    I have 7m sp, a BS, Cruiser, 4 Frigs a Hauler and a Freighter and Im still learning how Eve works.
    Tell you what, why don't you get a small fleet built, get up to about 5m sp or so, get some corp
    exp under your belt, then come talk to us.

P.S Pls dont mislead people with the thread topic, thanks.

Translation:

Fun in Eve doesn't start for weeks... two days in the trial period (probably 6 hours or so) isn't enough time to start enjoying Eve to the point where you feel compelled to like it (because how can you justify spending weeks and weeks on a hamster wheel if you don't like it).  You have to spend weeks and weeks training skills (firstly skills to learn new skills)  and then another few weeks shooting rocks and hunting rats till you can start to really find the enjoyment in spending weeks and weeks so you can spend weeks and weeks to train more ship skills and spend more weeks to train the weapon skills to use them efficiently (so you can hunt better rats).  Then, you can spend some more months and someday (many many months away) be able to fly to a 0.0 zone where you'll be able to do the same thing only different (well not that different).   9 )

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by choujiofkono

Originally posted by ameese

Wow. What have you got, maybe 90, 100k sp? if that? You haven't even scratched the surface of Eve.
    I have 7m sp, a BS, Cruiser, 4 Frigs a Hauler and a Freighter and Im still learning how Eve works.
    Tell you what, why don't you get a small fleet built, get up to about 5m sp or so, get some corp
    exp under your belt, then come talk to us.

P.S Pls dont mislead people with the thread topic, thanks.

Translation:
    Fun in Eve doesn't start for weeks... two days in the trial period (probably 6 hours or so) isn't enough time to start enjoying Eve to the point where you feel compelled to like it (because how can you justify spending weeks and weeks on a hamster wheel if you don't like it).  You have to spend weeks and weeks training skills (firstly skills to learn new skills)  and then another few weeks shooting rocks and hunting rats till you can start to really find the enjoyment in spending weeks and weeks so you can spend weeks and weeks to train more ship skills and spend more weeks to train the weapon skills to use them efficiently (so you can hunt better rats).  Then, you can spend some more months and someday (many many months away) be able to fly to a 0.0 zone where you'll be able to do the same thing only different (well not that different).   9 )

Yep, or you can make over 50M in first week of playing and more than 70 kill mails in 3 weeks of very casual play within trial period.

It's up to you wheter you want to whine nad troll on forums or actualy have fun...

EVE is about choices.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Yeah and look how many people are signed up to it.... hardly anyone because it is just not an easy simple way to have a good fair fight, people wont join up because it would just not have any impact on anything and its not widely accepted by the players as a good easily accessible pvp system. If an arena feature was added then you can make it really easily accesable to everyone, i  bet you alot of people would use it because it would be alot better.
    It seems to me you want to just rule the idea out because you think for some reason it takes away the sandbox element, which is actually complete bullshit, it just compliments the fact that its possible to do and creates an easier way for people to just have some fair competative pvp whenever they want, its got nothing to do with making the game more of a themepark like you think, perhaps when you think of an Arena system it automatically makes you think "WoW", and therefore makes you think its a bad idea for this specific game or something. I think it would even possibly draw some people to the game and keep people playing if it was implemented really well. I dont actually see any drawbacks to having a system like this implemented into the game, i think it can only be a good thing and it would not degrade anything else in eve, only make it better.

First of all, there's no such thing as a fair fight in EVE.  Or to put it another way, if you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you're probably doing something wrong.

OK, I understand, some folks want this sort of arena combat where fairness comes into play.

Its true, the arena site doesn't look real active. It also looks fairly new.  Regardless, its up to the players who run that site to market it better and make it into a greater success.

If you add NPC arenas there will be no reason for them to ever do so, and you take away one of the choices offered players of sandbox games.

EVE is about the players creating the content (they already run banks, ship building services, and a host of other things) and its success or failure lies in the hands of the players.

Sure, perhaps the Dev's could do a better job of it, but that's not what EVE's about. 

You can't make the game into something its not.  Like someone else said, JE is probably designed more to your liking.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

From the sound of it, you are playing the game solo.

This game is not meant to be played solo, no wonder you are getting bored.

Generally out in the harsh eve universe there is no such thing as a fair fight indeed, and even with an arena feature implemented it wouldnt take away the fact that to control space you wont be having fair fights. Its great that things such as eve arena can be created by players but its just not very interactive at all because hardly anyone knows about it or will participate, people can easily bend the rules and fck people over aswell it really isnt safe and if someone was doing an arena i think they would prefer it to be fair and safe. Perhaps you could have it as a combat simulation or something which you join through specific stations.

The way i see it is, yes, it would take away the choice for players to do themselves to a certain point  (they could easily do it themselves if they wanted a tourny which consisted of only players within their own alliance for example, even if an npc arena was implemented) but the reason i think it should be implemented is because players really cannot regulate this kind of idea very well to the whole population..... they really cant..... and so a built in one where you could just have some pretty much instant pvp against other players would be great.

Oh well thats my opinion.... and mayaswell give it a rest now because i have stated it a few times on the thread and people have just basically been rude to me and just instantly dismissed the idea because they seem to believe that its not worth anything, which ofcourse i completelly dissagree with, i think it would add something good to an already awesome game.

Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • LaoZhuZongLaoZhuZong Member Posts: 62

Generally out in the harsh eve universe there is no such thing as a fair fight indeed, and even with an arena feature implemented it wouldnt take away the fact that to control space you wont be having fair fights. Its great that things such as eve arena can be created by players but its just not very interactive at all because hardly anyone knows about it or will participate, people can easily bend the rules and fck people over aswell it really isnt safe and if someone was doing an arena i think they would prefer it to be fair and safe. Perhaps you could have it as a combat simulation or something which you join through specific stations.

The way i see it is, yes, it would take away the choice for players to do themselves to a certain point  (they could easily do it themselves if they wanted a tourny which consisted of only players within their own alliance for example, even if an npc arena was implemented) but the reason i think it should be implemented is because players really cannot regulate this kind of idea very well to the whole population..... they really cant..... and so a built in one where you could just have some pretty much instant pvp against other players would be great.
    Oh well thats my opinion.... and mayaswell give it a rest now because i have stated it a few times on the thread and people have just basically been rude to me and just instantly dismissed the idea because they seem to believe that its not worth anything, which ofcourse i completelly dissagree with, i think it would add something good to an already awesome game.

Can I have your stuff?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no. I still play :P