Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 monk

greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

They announced the monk class at blizzcon with only one more class announcment to go.  First the class on its own seems boring, kind of a hand-to-hand combat, shaolin type of thing.  They sure seem to be deviating from the gothic setting of the other games and going real international with this one.  Voodoo man, indian caster.  I guess a ranged pigmy sort of thing is next.  What really suprised me was the monk trailer using what looks like in-game graphics.  God, who screwed that up?  Alright don't think I won't be buying it, it's just blizzard deserves that extra bit of criticism.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/movies/monk.xml

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Hand-to-hand Monk is the best class evar. Good decision from Blizzard to implement it!

Diablo isn't MMO though, so why post this info here? =_=

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

ahh, it's a little lost puppy dog.  General Gaming douche.

When did Diablo turn into MMO? >_>

• coorsman66coorsman66 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Hand-to-hand Monk is the best class evar. Good decision from Blizzard to implement it!
    Diablo isn't MMO though, so why post this info here? =_=

Why not post it here? under GENERAL GAMING!  I learned something new. Thank you greymann!

imageFuck the world, for all its worth,Every inch of planet earth!image

Didn't see that -_-

Instead of being a douche and sending a PM, you could have just told me >_>;;

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Didn't see that -_-
    Instead of being a douche and sending a PM, you could have just told me >_>;;

it's ok...

• YauchyYauchy Member UncommonPosts: 298

D3 Mmo or not, will be full of amazing - so monk info is good :)

• mikepatsonmikepatson Member Posts: 45

I'm reserving judgement on D3 until I see the other class. The monk looks interesting but I'd have to get hands on to see how that character plays. I don't mind some deviation in regards to the setting as long as the game plays well enough.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Well, Diablo 3 will be definately fun, so it will take a long time until it's released. So I'll keep playing Titans Quest and Hellgate London until Torchlight is released in a few month, and unless that's a disappointment, I'll play it until Diablo 3 is released.

Anyway, this movie about the monk seems to be a  bit sloppy and the models kinda rough. Well, better they concentrate on working on the game than hyping it though.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• The monk looks cool, but personally I think I'm more of a Witch Doctor.

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

As the paladin replacement the monk is prety damn cool.  It's like a paladin assassin combo.  Really good pick. 

As for people saying it doesn't fit, I really don't know what you are talking about.   D2 has a very strong middle eastern vibe.  So a western/eastern monk is not really a stretch. 

As for the 5th class we know there will be bows in the game, so what class do you think it is?  Kind of a no brainer. 

Barbarian = Barbarian

Necromancer = Witch Doctor

Sorceress = Wizard

Paladin = Monk

Amazon = unannounced rogue bow user.

• ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226

so I guess they didn't announce a release date?

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268
    Originally posted by Thrakk

so I guess they didn't announce a release date?

They did say it won't be 2010.

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

i wish Blizzard add a gunner type to replace the bow type characters, well to make a new twist

it's already a tradition to add a bow user, so what if they change it to a gun user

• Chopper_LoverChopper_Lover Member Posts: 20

Nooooooo!!!... I want my Paladin back! not this Bald Head Ragman.... :(

• raven8604raven8604 Member Posts: 5

I belive the Monk is going to make a very good adition to the Diablo team, so looking forward to the release of this game, being a Diablo vet of nearly 10 years...go go cow level lol