Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entropia Universe VU 10 with CE 2 Looks really good!

patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

2 days ago Entropia Universe change name to Planet Calypso due to the fact they are making new planets so they are setting ground for that with the name. And on the same time the implemented the Cryo Engine 2 into the game. And I have to say its breathtaking how beautiful it looks now.

Allthough its pretty grafic hungry it still looks really good on medium settings. And since the game is free to download and no monthly fee its a good game to see if you computer can cope with the grafix. Since its a realcash economy almost everything cost real money in it, but you cant make money unless you spend money. Ofc there are some activites that can make you some cents but it takes hard work and alot of time. 

Some issues are being fixed, and some bugs ofc. Cant have a game without bugs when changing to CE 2 :)

If you think your computer can handle the CE 2 and the grafix give it a go, I personally am back to playing I had a break for a year or two and It looks awesome!

Also check entropiaforums.com for some updates and help if your having any issues, most of the help is there.

Here is the link to the site www.entropiauniverse.com/entropiauniverse/

Comments

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

I added a screen shot for you to check www.mmorpg.com/photo/3ded8fdd-400a-42be-b3fa-414dbef84740

Or if you dont trust links you can see if from my profile. Game looks much better than the screen since I took it in fraps :(

• liumlium Member Posts: 138

And if i use Nvidia card do you pay me new one if it burns ?

www.entropiaforum.com/forums/technical/160360-attention-potentially-dangerous-bug.html

No ty.

If you fallowed this site you will know that both earh and global agenda look 70 times better whith no CE2 and offer much more for the buck spend.

And pls remove you sig that HQ look so ugly in design.

Originally posted by lium

www.entropiaforum.com/forums/technical/160360-attention-potentially-dangerous-bug.html

No ty.

If you fallowed this site you will know that both earh and global agenda look 70 times better whith no CE2 and offer much more for the buck spend.

Have fun with your hate :)

Found a video that a guy made with VU 10.0 CE 2  check it out. Wish I had this good computer :)

www.youtube.com/watch

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461
    Originally posted by patrikd23

No ty.

Where is the hate? Only from you so I can tell. He posted a genuine, recent bug. But you have no reply so you attempt to casually brush him off as a troll. Of course you would. So you havnt explained anything about the game here so why should I be interested. All you peddled is the graphics. Tell tall sign of a game which lacks gameplay is one which can only be described in terms of graphics. Aah but I'm just a troll, of course, so ignore me and continue to spam post talk to yourself instead of using the magic edit button.

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

Originally posted by warty

No ty.

Where is the hate? Only from you so I can tell. He posted a genuine, recent bug. But you have no reply so you attempt to casually brush him off as a troll. Of course you would. So you havnt explained anything about the game here so why should I be interested. All you peddled is the graphics. Tell tall sign of a game which lacks gameplay is one which can only be described in terms of graphics. Aah but I'm just a troll, of course, so ignore me and continue to spam post talk to yourself instead of using the magic edit button.

So this is not hate "And pls remove you sig that HQ look so ugly in design." That is a personal jump which is not allowed. And this is your second account then? "casually brush him off as a troll" + "Aah but I'm just a troll, of course, so ignore me" dont quite match. Are you so alone in your cause you need to make many accounts to try and bring people down with text? And btw I read your blogg.. gl with that.

No ty.

So this is not hate "And pls remove you sig that HQ look so ugly in design." That is a personal jump which is not allowed. And this is your second account then? "casually brush him off as a troll" + "Aah but I'm just a troll, of course, so ignore me" dont quite match. Are you so alone in your cause you need to make many accounts to try and bring people down with text? And btw I read your blogg.. gl with that.

Yeh, have fun with that concept. I welcome you to report me if you think I am lium. However back in the real world (thats not where you are btw) referall links arent allowed so you may well actually want to delte it. But do you see, exactly what I said is true, there is NO gameplay in EU, which is why you harped on about the graphics and when I asked you about the game, you..attacked me? Seeing as you say what lium said was an attack so must be yours, sir. So care to talk about the game? What is fun in it, why do the graphics matter, if there is no game.

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

No ty.

Enable V-sync and there is no problem, and for your info who puts on login screen and then leaves computer? Which is what this issue is about. So stop trolling my thread and go write bs in your blogg insted.

Right, there are many reasons to do such a thing. Just because it is a rare occasion, that means its ok to fuck over your pc. Great logic in your little world lol. Now I'm going to have some fun making you even more paranoid because you think I'm the guy above. This will be great. So can you speak about what you actually do in game yet or have you still failed to come up with anything aside from 'it has graffixxxx!!'

No ty.

Yeh, have fun with that concept. I welcome you to report me if you think I am lium. However back in the real world (thats not where you are btw) referall links arent allowed so you may well actually want to delte it. But do you see, exactly what I said is true, there is NO gameplay in EU, which is why you harped on about the graphics and when I asked you about the game, you..attacked me? Seeing as you say what lium said was an attack so must be yours, sir. So care to talk about the game? What is fun in it, why do the graphics matter, if there is no game.

Talking to you about EU would be the same as explaining to a muslim about atheism. All I wanted to do was to give some updates on the game since the screens on this since is from 2 years back or more. And they just implemented CE 2. But keep trolling if it helps you sleep at night. And yes it is hate, 100 %.

• WhitetreeWhitetree Member Posts: 76

ROFL

OMG is that a wheel of sharp cheddar?!?!?!

TUNIC!

(I'm only half-troll. My mother is an orc.)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards. -Lois McMaster Bujold

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119

Yes it looks very nice.

But! in my "Opinion" a game is ment to be a break from reality something to releave stress when a game has been designed to basicaly be a second job or a cash drain it is no longer a game.

• Renton81Renton81 Member Posts: 92

Where is the hate? Only from you so I can tell.

So this is not hate "And pls remove you sig that HQ look so ugly in design." That is a personal jump which is not allowed.

lol pwnd xD

Anyway - moving back on to the matter at hand.

CE2 has been a great success to the current playerbase aswell as players who quited the game previously.  Theres a section on the main forum with at least 20 individuals who played as far back as 2003 that had quit and now returned.

Considering that there are 2 more very big updates left - which will come within the next couple of months, the game still plays quite impressively.  It offers new gameplay to the existing players and a detailed gameplay for new comers.

Even Nytewolf2k7 (a member of this forum - search his name for his hate posts :P) who used to trash Entropia months back, plays the game with enjoyment now.  So i mean it obviously has been turning heads.

Yes there are a few problems still left in the game, but the 2 big patches will come soon.

The problem with graphics card burning up won't really happen.  Graphic cards are designed to take high temparature. When you turn your PC on the temp of your card doesnt go cold .... it heats up.   It will only cause a problem to ur graphics card if you stay on login screen for a whole day (the overheating of gfx card only occurs for prolonged period of time on login screen)

And @ lium & warty

Now that CE2 is here, you still havent explained exactly what makes the game unsuccesful.... Is it because you're too poor to deposit and too lazy to play for free?  Don't worry i will send a support case to MindArk urging them to give $10,000 to everyone who just makes an account ... that way MindArk will pay us money for doing nothing. Genius!

Received my first Free UGC code! :)
    Claim your Free UGC code Here

Originally posted by Kelador

Yes it looks very nice.

But! in my "Opinion" a game is ment to be a break from reality something to releave stress when a game has been designed to basicaly be a second job or a cash drain it is no longer a game.

very interesting and well thoughtout post Kelador.  Though the problem with "designed to basicaly be a second job or a cash drain it is no longer a game." is that people only have that frame of mind when they come into the game with the sole intention and desire to wanting to make money.  And i've seen this on several occasions before when meeting new people at the new arrivals ingame.  Sometimes you get individuals who ask normal questions, like "what do i do",  "Where do i get weapons from" etc.... then you get other individuals that go along the line of "I want money, where to find money??" or "can i sneak behind mob and take money out of it?" - basically those people just go for the easy route of getting money.

If you however come into the game to have fun in mind 1st and the money to add extra spice, its much more enjoyable.  If you dont want to spend alot, just keep a monthly budget.

Originally posted by Renton81

And @ lium & warty
    Now that CE2 is here, you still havent explained exactly what makes the game unsuccesful.... Is it because you're too poor to deposit and too lazy to play for free?  Don't worry i will send a support case to MindArk urging them to give $10,000 to everyone who just makes an account ... that way MindArk will pay us money for doing nothing. Genius!

I never trashed the game, go re-read what I said. What I wrote was a generic comment regarding games where the players can only be positive about the graphics. That is not a bash a EU, but the OPs unwillingness to explain anything other than it has graffixxxxx. Yeah gg, everyone likes shiny things but some people also like to have fun. So instead of your oh so witty attempt at insulting me why do you take a break from the OP and explain some of the fun. It cant be that hard can it? There is fun to be had, right?

And for what its worth, I have a very good well paying job, that doesnt mean im going to slap cash willy nilly into a game that nobody can say has any redemeeming features what so ever. If I wanted to sweat continuously too, I'd go have sex. I guess that isnt something you are able to relate to tho, so I can understand why youd need to use a crappy insult instead of explaining anything about the (lack of) gameplay.

All this thread has proven so far is that EU has nothing, no fun, no gameplay, better than average graphics and gambling. I'm not a gambling man, so thats too bad. I dont need a second job either so if you cant provide details about something actually worth doing then feel free to carry on your attempted lambastery.

Good day sire.

Why hait ?

www.entropiaforum.com/forums/mining/161126-inaccessible-602-ped-deposit-no-refund-possible.html

mayby you can give that guy 60$ dollars from you own poket ? that not 600 peds that 60 dollars real life money lost becose MA devs are incompetent!

Just read :

www.entropiaforum.com/forums/bug-reports/

pages and pages from commercial game that cost thousand and thousand dollars every day to gambling addicts

now you go play EU MA monkey…

"I just want you to know how expensive beta-testing can be" yes 4 months on any TOP MMO's in one sec

patrikd23 : "Talking to you about EU would be the same as explaining to a muslim about atheism."

Lol this just proves who is he some random WT upset about muslims and whith coments like that 100% racist.

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

It looks nice, mostly, but I'm reserving any sort of Judgement till VU 10.3 at the earliest.

Yes, that renders this post worthless, but hey, that's life ;-)

Back to killing Argo's...

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

Is nice to see ppl whit moderate rewiews you cant just screemmmm graffffffffff.

Personaly im sad that they messed the CE2 start how many new players that did not get it to work will ever remember EU ?

CE2 EPIC FAIL

Let hope it get beter, can only get beter is so bad.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Even though i have played this game ,don't remember how long ago maybe 3 years ago and did not like the game at all,i will still give an honest opinion.

It looks real good,a big time improvement.I am one of the few who look for all the details the EFFORT and i saw a lot of it.They had some nice shader use,shadows,particle effects the whole works looks top notch.

A couple areas that lacked a bit was no biggie as i don't expect Epic games here or the UE3 but no physics.Some of the texture use was bland but lots was ok.I noticed the mobs could use more color and there was no blood splats,witch would make the weapon firing actually look more realistic.I t was a simple machine gun type weapon so i guess i can't expect much more from the firing animation all in all it looked very good.

The funniest part about this is why can't Blizzard do this type of upgrade?The richest gaming developer on the planet right now,and they are in last for development stages.This is now one more game that has vaulted past the INEPT BLIZZARD campaign.

However ,for their next move they should incoprorate more of a fantasy RPG style,this umm sort of weird tpye realism just won't cut it ,if they hope to ever draw big numbers.This was however a nice move by a smaller company and it does look good.

Grr i need a voice activated keyboard my typing is worse than the warcraft engine :P and that's bad.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NddeshNddesh Member Posts: 65

Why hait ?

www.entropiaforum.com/forums/mining/161126-inaccessible-602-ped-deposit-no-refund-possible.html

mayby you can give that guy 60$ dollars from you own poket ? that not 600 peds that 60 dollars real life money lost becose MA devs are incompetent!

Just read :

www.entropiaforum.com/forums/bug-reports/

pages and pages from commercial game that cost thousand and thousand dollars every day to gambling addicts

now you go play EU MA monkey…

"I just want you to know how expensive beta-testing can be" yes 4 months on any TOP MMO's in one sec

''Why hate''.. stop trying to find a reason to troll here.. You know its that guy fault for mining at this stage of the VU... Yehh Beta Testing is expensive.. only if you choose to.. Give that guy $60 if you care that much..

You are a Afterworld supporter i guess.. with the graphic and story line they have... they got lot of competition

Leave that forum alone.. Trolling here willl not make the money you spent like a retard  come back

LAWL

“ Leave that forum alone.. Trolling here willl not make the money you spent like a retard come back” Can you say that again ?

Mhh who troll who got feel you trolling me…

Good to admit is beta testing “Yehh Beta Testing is expensive..” wonder how many commercial games went back to beta testing.Oh and the time I spend on this forum is worth every single penny, when I see how upset you are.

And remember this forum is not entropiaforum we can use the freedom off speech on MMO. That must piss you realy hard that we actually can say what we like no ?

LAWL

“ Leave that forum alone.. Trolling here willl not make the money you spent like a retard come back” Can you say that again ?

Mhh who troll who got feel you trolling me…

Good to admit is beta testing “Yehh Beta Testing is expensive..” wonder how many commercial games went back to beta testing.Oh and the time I spend on this forum is worth every single penny, when I see how upset you are.

And remember this forum is not entropiaforum we can use the freedom off speech on MMO. That must piss you realy hard that we actually can say what we like no ?

well you're pretty much one of the few people here who hate it - majority of the posters (count them if you want) are either "not sure", "keeping reservered till updates" or actually "really like it".

Sure you can have your opinion, making sure you back your reasoning with valid points.  the only reason why people are calling you a troll is because you're making reply posts to nearly every positive post that someone puts on here - its their views!

I think the main reason why you dislike the game so much, is from a bad experience you had ingame.  Maybe you deposited your last $10 and lost it all by shooting all your ammo at a wall? dunno...

Originally posted by Wizardry

However ,for their next move they should incoprorate more of a fantasy RPG style,this umm sort of weird tpye realism just won't cut it ,if they hope to ever draw big numbers.This was however a nice move by a smaller company and it does look good.

You made a very informative post, unlike 'some' people.  Anyway, i disagree with the fantasy RPG style idea.  Planet Calypso is supposed to have a sci fi feel to it.  Alot of the people who play it, hence the target player, are mature individuals.  I mean they are people who like the realism.  Its abit like EvE - it has a real sci fi theme to it - no fantasy at all.  I think thats what Entropia is heading for, though in their own style.

But i mean if anything, we all know that entropia will soon have many different planet worlds (basically MMO's within an MMO).  Their maybe a fantasy themed world.

Theres one planet that looks and plays alot like Quake games.  Its still got the Real Cash Economy. Anyway, wait and see what's in stock :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well i was a HUGE Quake fan,i was playing Unreal and Quake long before MMO's.

I used the word "Weird" type of realism,because was not Entropia the game you tried to collect sweat to make money?IDK it's been like 3 years since i tried the game,so hard to remember i have played a bazillion games so they all seem alike.I don't remember it being any kind of theme i thought it was more like do your own thing within a world...build a bar ,a store whatever,basically like a SIMS but in a weird kind of way lol.But there was very few mobs and your only goal was to gather sweat :/.

If i also remember "ya its coming back to me lol"choosing a name was very limited as well,you had to pick pre selected names,right?or  am i going back way too far and the universe has changed totally since then?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.