Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Goblin and Worgen Races Revealed

garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

Blizzard confirms Goblin race for the Horde and Worgen Race for the Alliance in Cataclysm Expansion. More details to come as BlizzCon coverage continues.

:p 

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    • New profession - Arceology (spelling)
    • Guild leveling & acheivements
    • Rated Battle grounds
    • New water effect (yes yes but its about time)
    • Azeroth is changed forever
    • level 85
    • New characrter progression - path of the Titan?
    • Heroic old school dungeons such as deadmines
    • flying mounts in azeroth
    • Return of deathwing!!!

Should be more info in an hour at the panel

• ReccooReccoo Member Posts: 197

The old world change looked bloody amazing to me.  Was woundering how worgen would look, but damn they look cool.

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

As someone who stopped playing years ago, because it was so boring, this does nothing to impress me. It's still the same boring, slow game mechanics.

The only thing that would interest me would be:

1.  New classes

2.  A complete skill system revamp actually allowing for massive build diversity (which will never happen with Blizzard).

3.  Aiming combat, not auto aim tab.

Until those three things happen I could care less about WoW, still the same old boring game it always has been. Replacing old boring things, with new boring things does nothing for me.

But to all of you that like WoW, have fun getting excited and talking about how great it's going to be, I'm real happy for you.

• SlackerboySlackerboy Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by GreenChaos

As someone who stopped playing years ago, because it was so boring, this does nothing to impress me. It's still the same boring, slow game mechanics.
    1.  New classes
    2.  A complete skill system revamp actually allowing for massive build diversity (which will never happen with Blizzard).
    Until those three things happen I could care less about WoW, still the same old boring game it always has been. Replacing old boring things, with new boring things does nothing for me.
    But to all of you that like WoW, have fun getting excited and talking about how great it's going to be, I'm real happy for you.

Well you can not expect them to radically change the formula that has brought them so many millions of players.

All 3 of your requests would change the game from World of Warcraft into some other game completely.

New classes are always touchy and require massive balance issues with all the other classes.
    Completely revamping all the skills would require people to completely relearn the game. So that is not going to happen.
    Aiming combat changes the game from a tactical game into something closer to a FPS. That would completely change the target audience.

Basically what you have said here is that you do not like games like WoW, and never will. (You might want to stop watching WoW news :P )

• dalestaines1dalestaines1 Member Posts: 107

Why not post about 14 more of these in case we all missed the first 14.

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

Racials are so sexy.

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

1.  New classes

While not being a WoW fanboy, but a Blizzard cinematic fanboy, I urge you to remember the last game to try a " Combat Upgrade" that completely changed the game to such an extent. I would like to think no one is quite so stupid to make the same mistake...

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

• SlackerboySlackerboy Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by Kainis

While not being a WoW fanboy, but a Blizzard cinematic fanboy, I urge you to remember the last game to try a " Combat Upgrade" that completely changed the game to such an extent. I would like to think no one is quite so stupid to make the same mistake...

If there is one thing I have learned about the world is that there is ALWAYS someone stupid enough to do almost anything. And I would swear people running large companies seem somewhat more pron to this then the average Joe. (Something about being completely out of touch with the average Joe)

• zrxgrimzrxgrim Member Posts: 3

1.  New classes

Am I the only one that hears "Comic Book Guy's" voice when I read this post?