Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sexy GW2 Trailer Up

krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

Comments

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Awesome, I'm excited for it. Everything is so full of life and the visuals are absolutely stunning, but I would expect no less from ncSOFT.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Hashbrick

Awesome, I'm excited for it. Everything is so full of life and the visuals are absolutely stunning, but I would expect no less from ncSOFT.

You mean Arenanet, NCsoft is the publisher for them. I know it is confusing because NCsoft makes mmos too.

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

Wow, the gameplay footage was amazing.

Although I did kind of shudder when they did a flythrough of the asuran city. It reminded me a bit too much of that canthan ghetto for comfort. Hope it ends up a bit easier to navigate.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

This was kind of funny.   Perhaps someone can remind me, when did dragons become gods?  It's like a 10 year old came up with the plot. 

Oh well.  Guess we'll see if the actual game is any good.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by SaintViktor

You mean Arenanet, NCsoft is the publisher for them. I know it is confusing because NCsoft makes mmos too.

Anet is a sub division of NCsoft, so essentially it is still NCsoft.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Mysk

This was kind of funny.   Perhaps someone can remind me, when did dragons become gods?  It's like a 10 year old came up with the plot. 

Lots of game worlds have dragons as gods. Dragonlance is an obvious one.

Video games don't have complicated plots, your statement is true for 100% of the mmo's out there.

• LodenDSGLodenDSG Member Posts: 266

Its been a long time comming, always liked the GW IP never really could get into the MUD like enviroment though hope they go with a more MMOesk world.

• imouthosimouthos Member Posts: 25

Looks really good. My only concern is I hope in the face of all these new races that they're introducing that they don't lose the complex human ethnic groups they've introduced in GW and all its expansions. It really would be a shame. But I am glad that they're marching forward - made me want to go play through the campaigns again :-)

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Mysk

Funny how close in line it is with the Dragon Aspects in Warcraft lore.

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Anet is a sub division of NCsoft, so essentially it is still NCsoft.

No, Anet is the game designer.  NC Soft is the publisher.  Just as Square Enix is the maker of FFXIV, and Sony Online Entertainment is the publisher.