Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this computer run aion?

InstantOwnInstantOwn Member Posts: 43

Hey guys I was wondering if this computer that im gonna buy will run aion fully maxed 40 fps+ it seems pretty good to me anyway heres the link.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4826555&csid=ITD&body=MAIN#detailspecs

thx

-Steve

Comments

• MadGeloMadGelo Member UncommonPosts: 110

yes, shouldnt be a problem

my 2 years old PC can run it at max with no problems

• technostechnos Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by InstantOwn

Hey guys I was wondering if this computer that im gonna buy will run aion fully maxed 40 fps+ it seems pretty good to me anyway heres the link.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4826555&csid=ITD&body=MAIN#detailspecs

thx
    -Steve

Yes. It should work in the highest graphic setting with more than 40+ FPS. But u have a problem.

U really replace that DDR2 memory with DDR3. cuz DDR2 seems to be gone and DDR3 will soon comes into mainstream.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by technos

thx
    -Steve

Yes. It should work in the highest graphic setting with more than 40+ FPS. But u have a problem.

U really replace that DDR2 memory with DDR3. cuz DDR2 seems to be gone and DDR3 will soon comes into mainstream.

Not at all DDR3 is ridiculously overpriced its gonna be a long time yet before we see 3 as the mainstream.

DDR2 will  more than suffice as long as its a decent clock speed.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

thx
    -Steve

Flawlessly...

I bought a 400$ PC that runs Aion flawlessly... very easy to run, great engine... 

PM if you need help/suggestions on a PC. That one is pretty pricy IMO... but will obviously do everything you want - Im sure you could run it on max (mine is just slightly under max)

• Gweed0Gweed0 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by thamighty213

Originally posted by technos

thx
    -Steve

Not at all DDR3 is ridiculously overpriced its gonna be a long time yet before we see 3 as the mainstream.

DDR2 will  more than suffice as long as its a decent clock speed.

I wouldn't say a long time, I'd give it about 3-4 months. You can already see the [rices dropping in the DDR3 modules. As far as the computer being able to run Aion... Your PC is really close to what im running and i never had an issue whatsoever. If your getting a pc just to run Aion you could make do with an $800 pc and it will run current games coming out now with no problem, just make sure you have a ATI 4870 or a Nvidia 260 and your golden. With the $600 your saving you could buy a newer video card in like a year to keep the pc up to date.

• Gweed0Gweed0 Member UncommonPosts: 108

This is pretty much exactly what you need. It's a cheaper version of what you already chose. www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp

The ram is about the only thing you may want to upgrade in the near future as DDR2 800 has been around for a while but im sure it will suffice for at least another 6-8 months. The build doesnt come with keyboard, mouse, monitor or speakers but you can pick them up for cheap from a local retailer but im sure you already have all of the above anyway.

• InstantOwnInstantOwn Member Posts: 43

bump

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

thx
    -Steve

Aion is very well programmed, and it is not AoC graphics, but it is still good. 

Wife and I run full high settings and X4 aa with these

His:

Phenom II 940, 4 gigs DDR2 800, ATI 4770, Raid 0 HDs

Hers:

Core 2 e8400, 4 gigs DDR2 800, ATI 4830, Raid 0 HDs

• VicatinVicatin Member UncommonPosts: 139

That build will definitely be plenty to handle Aion.

I play on max settings, avg about 70fps, and my system isn't as good as yours.

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522

Core 2 duo 6600 @ 2.4ghz, 4gigs ram, raid-0, Radeon 4670, Vista Home 64bit

Was running Aion at 1440x900, with most settings at high, 8x AA, bloom 3 (I think, I know I enabled either 1 or 3), and I was getting 80-120fps in the jam-packed starter area, and it would bounce around between 30-80fps in the...Pandemonium (the main Azmodian city place deal).  I noticed it would be choppy as hell for the first few minutes the game was running.  Really stuttery, then gradually smooth out. 

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.