Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

xbox 360 or PS3

RefnuRefnu Member Posts: 140

Which is better?

Current: Puzzle Pirates
Waiting: SWTOR,Aion, CO
Played: AC, WoW, SB, EVE

Comments

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

If you have to choose 1 first and foremost it boils down to what games you want to play and what system they are on. I own both systems, and I will try to give you my fairest opinion of both.

Right off the bat, Backwards compatibility. Both systems really hurt in this area, it's all really software emulation at this point and there are some games that will work, and some that wont. I still have my original xbox, and ps2, so this isn't really a concern for me at least.

There are a lot of games out there that are available for both systems, but I will just recommend system exclusives.

Playstation 3:

Pros: Great hardware overall, whisper quiet, when developers can wrap their heads around the system the games are amazing. Online play is free.

Cons: Games install to Hard Disk, I went with the 80gig, and still have plenty of space. I previously owned the original 20gig and found out I was erasing game data to make space for other games. Game library is small.

Recommended games: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 1&2, Killzone 2, Valkyria Chronicles

Xbox 360:

Pros: Solid online platform (but it's 50 bucks a year), cheaper than a ps3, lead platform for most developers. huge install base.

Cons: Hardware issues, I've red-ringed one console so far, called up Microsoft, they fixed it free of charge. Hardware can be a bit on the noisy side.

Recommended games: Mass Effect, Crackdown, Halo 3, Gears of War 1&2

Current Games:

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

One of the worst parts of being a fan of consoles is the Vs console War hate.

It's mostly pathetic but since this thread is civil so far ill add to it.

I prefer my 360.

Most of the games I enjoy are on both systems but Ps3 is more expensive and the exclusives don;t really do anything for me (with the exception of MGS4 and Infamous).

I don't see a reason to even buy a Ps3 due to limited software exclusives.

I would rather Play Fable II, GoW 1&2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, GTA4 with the DLC, Also Xbox live arcade is fun imo and the back catalog of Xbox games are massive (I have over 80 xbox games) so it's a no brainer for me.

360>Ps3 atleast until Ps3 gets more exclusives and No I don't care for this years E3 exclusives Im more impressed with Alan Wake and the new Halo game over what PS3 has to offer.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

It really depends on what is important to you.

I think as far as exclusives go, the 2009 ~ 2010 Playstation 3 lineup is far superior to the Xbox 360's.

They had a good 2008 with highlights such as Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet,Motorstorm Pacifict rift,Valkyria Chronicles and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Sony had a great start of 2009 with Infamous and Killzone 2 and they still got Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Demon's Soul, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ratchet & Clank future: A crack in time comming up.

2010 is when lots of the big ones will fall.

Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, God of War 3,  The Agency, Final Fantay XIV, possibly Final Fantasy Versus XIII, The Agency, DC Universe Online, The Last Guardian, Quanthum Theory, Modnation racers, MAG

And possibly the biggest of them all:

Gran Turismo 5

It took a while before Sony would catch up to the 360's headstart but they are clearly there and already surpassed them as far as future line up is concerned.

I think price point is another big issue.

If you want to play online, an Xbox 360 is always more expensive in the long run as it requires a monthly fee.

You're not really getting your moneys worth though. It's a bit more accessible, but most of what you can do on Xbox live you can do on PSN for free. All games are peer to peer on Xbox where as Playstation 3 first party games use dedicated servers.

Overall i'd say the Playstation 3 is the better console, but if 360 games appeal to you more you should go with that.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I went with the Xbox 360 but really only for 2 main reasons. The first was the fact that it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the PS3. The second is the available game library. Most of the games I wanted a console for were available for the 360... some were only available for the 360. I've looked at the PS3 exclusives and they are 'meh' at best. All of the games that I personally would want to play on the PS3 are also available for the 360. As for the "red ring of death" I've had my 360 for about 9 months now and never had any issues with it. With my 2 sons and myself it sees almost constant use. If it was going to red ring it probably would have by now. Doesn't really matter anyways as I have a 3 year service contract on it.

The only real down side of the 360 is the cost of the Xbox live service. I don't hardly ever use it though so it's not really an issue with me personally. Most of the multiplayer I personally do is right on my console with my sons so I only pay when I want an expansion for a game. I personally don't have any problems with the PS3 as a gaming platform it's just when it came down to choosing the right one for my situation all of the cards were stacked in favor of the 360.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by Gameloading

I think as far as exclusives go, the 2009 ~ 2010 Playstation 3 lineup is far superior to the Xbox 360's.
    They had a good 2008 with highlights such as Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet,Motorstorm Pacifict rift,Valkyria Chronicles and Metal Gear Solid 4.
    Sony had a great start of 2009 with Infamous and Killzone 2 and they still got Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Demon's Soul, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ratchet & Clank future: A crack in time comming up.
    Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, God of War 3,  The Agency, Final Fantay XIV, possibly Final Fantasy Versus XIII, The Agency, DC Universe Online, The Last Guardian, Quanthum Theory, Modnation racers, MAG

Gran Turismo 5
    It took a while before Sony would catch up to the 360's headstart but they are clearly there and already surpassed them as far as future line up is concerned.

If you want to play online, an Xbox 360 is always more expensive in the long run as it requires a monthly fee.

You're not really getting your moneys worth though. It's a bit more accessible, but most of what you can do on Xbox live you can do on PSN for free. All games are peer to peer on Xbox where as Playstation 3 first party games use dedicated servers.
    Overall i'd say the Playstation 3 is the better console, but if 360 games appeal to you more you should go with that.

Are you really looking forward to all those Exclusives or just putting down every game that is going to release for the Ps3 to make the console look better?

Seriously from that entire list of crap you could pick maybe two to three games worth buying a PS3 for the games being God war 3 (./yawn), Uncharted 2 (first one was lame) and Ratchet and clank (a series that has sucked after the first three games).

I want nothing more than to actually buy a PS3 but with the crap the console has to offer why bother? Sorry MGS4 and Infamous are not worth a near 350 buck console purchase.

I await real games for the console.

Originally posted by JGMIII

Gran Turismo 5

Are you really looking forward to all those Exclusives or just putting down every game that is going to release for the Ps3 to make the console look better?

Seriously from that entire list of crap you could pick maybe two to three games worth buying a PS3 for the games being God war 3 (./yawn), Uncharted 2 (first one was lame) and Ratchet and clank (a series that has sucked after the first three games).

I want nothing more than to actually buy a PS3 but with the crap the console has to offer why bother? Sorry MGS4 and Infamous are not worth a near 350 buck console purchase.

I'm sure that you, as a single platform owner, formed a completely fair and unbiased opinion that has nothing to do with fanboyism [/sarcasm]

I call bullshit on your entire post, but i'm sure you played all of the games I mentioned "at a friend", right?

For instance, Gears of War 1 & 2 are supposed to be amazing games but Uncharted 1 & 2 are apparently crap? They are the same type of game with nearly identical gameplay concepts! God of War 3 is apparently boring but an overhyped game like Fable 2 is supposed to be a great game?

Ratchet & Clank: Future series plays very similar to the first  ratchet & clank games besides some noticable upgrades to controls and graphics.

I doubt you really want to buy a PS3, because if you really can't find anything to get excited about of the PS3 besides Infamous and MGS4 you either have done no research on the games or you're desperately trying to justify only owning a 360.

• RamenThief7RamenThief7 Member Posts: 362

Gran Turismo 5

I'm sure that you, as a single platform owner, formed a completely fair and unbiased opinion that has nothing to do with fanboyism [/sarcasm]

I call bullshit on your entire post, but i'm sure you played all of the games I mentioned "at a friend", right?

For instance, Gears of War 1 & 2 are supposed to be amazing games but Uncharted 1 & 2 are apparently crap? They are the same type of game with nearly identical gameplay concepts! God of War 3 is apparently boring but an overhyped game like Fable 2 is supposed to be a great game?

Ratchet & Clank: Future series plays very similar to the first  ratchet & clank games besides some noticable upgrades to controls and graphics.

I doubt you really want to buy a PS3, because if you really can't find anything to get excited about of the PS3 besides Infamous and MGS4 you either have done no research on the games or you're desperately trying to justify only owning a 360.

It really does come down to a choice of what games you want to play. I wish to play FF XIV soon on my PS3 (the amount of money it would cost me to upgrade my computer to play FF XIV would be enough to buy another PS3).

Here are some pros and cons I think we missed on PS3 and Xbox 360:

PS3

Pros: Blue-ray built in, no hardware problems to date, solid 2010 lineup in the wakes.

Cons: Is still more expensive than Xbox 360, but there's rumors of a $300 PS3 this winter.

Xbox 360:

Pros: I think they were nailed down earlier.

Cons: Little kids and tweens do tend to flock towards the console (along with the Wii), which means dealing with alot of ragers (I have friends who have Xbox 360s and PS3s, and they admit that the PS3 has a far more mature online fanbase). Also, no blue-ray.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

If you want a to actually play game, as in now, then go for the XBox 360. If you'd rather just watch Blu Ray movies until the PS3 library starts to get respectable, which may be never, then buy a PS3.

Sony has a history of releasing consoles that don't get good line ups until about two or three years into the console's life span. There's a reason why most people didn't buy either the PSX or the PS2 until the price came down to around $250. Actually, here's a video that shows the PS2 release from a Dreamcast owner's perspective. It's near the end of the video though...

Originally posted by Jimmy_Scythe

If you want a to actually play game, as in now, then go for the XBox 360. If you'd rather just watch Blu Ray movies until the PS3 library starts to get respectable, which may be never, then buy a PS3.
    Sony has a history of releasing consoles that don't get good line ups until about two or three years into the console's life span. There's a reason why most people didn't buy either the PSX or the PS2 until the price came down to around $250. Actually, here's a video that shows the PS2 release from a Dreamcast owner's perspective. It's near the end of the video though...

The Playstation 3 has no games argument is very, very outdated. The only people who still make those claims are completely clueless about the PS3's lineup and usually dont own one in the first place.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The 360 because there is more of a variety of games to play than the PS3. Though I wish they would stop making 360 and ps3 exclusives because they are only cheating themselves out of money. Wouldn't it be cool to play Halo on the PS3 or maybe GOW and Killzone 2 on the 360 ?

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

i prefer 360..i think it has better exclusive games and FPS and sports game are better on the 360 imo.. and i think Xbox Live is better online gaming than PSN. I dont hate on PS3 though, i actually want to buy one once Sony does a price drop cause im interested in Uncharted 1 & 2, and MGS4. Only game ive played on it is Resistance.

gamertag - Swaffle House

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Lookit just check out the exclusives list and decide which games you would prefer. I did the same and it was clear to me that I wanted a PS3 -> It simply has the best exclusives I care for that I can't get on the PC. A lot of the hard hitting games available on the Xbox 360 are also availabe on the PC, where I prefer to play games on. The PS3 on the other hand had games I couldn't get on PC that also were interesting to me such as MGS4, Socom 3, Warhawk and inFamous. It's also got MAG, Heavy Rain and God of War 3 upcoming. So for the me the list of games only available on the PS3 where better than the games only available on the Xbox 360.

But as I said, check out the lists(you can find them on wikipedia or various) and decide which games you prefer. Xbox 360 has an especially large collection if you don't own a good gaming PC.

• OckhamOckham Member Posts: 110

If you buy an XBox 360, like I did at first, and then put all the things on it that the PS3 has, you're going to roughly end up paying just as much as a PS3 costs.  Well, that and you're going to have this XBox360 that has all this stuff hanging off of it (attachments).

When I found out that I had to go and buy something extra to make my XBox 360 wireless, I got pretty darned pissed.  I am not the type to go through a whole research and planning routine before going and buying something, so I just assumed the two consoles came with the same features.

So, I was actually pissed off enough about the whole thing that I went and bought myself a PS3.  I have loved it ever since.  I ran a network cable to my XBox 360 for a little while, mostly to get game/system updates, but then I got tired of how ugly it looked with a network cable running from the living room into my bedroom. 

My PS3 is awesome.  It plays my BlueRay's perfectly.  It's got more and more games all the time.  I actually prefer the PS3 controller (which is more of a personal opinion thing), and OMFG is it quieter!!!  The XBox goes anywhere from sounding like a vacuum cleaner on to a wind tunnel engine.

I just wish I would have known before buying the XBox.  Maybe I should do a little research and planning next time.  Maybe, if I can find the patience.

• OckhamOckham Member Posts: 110

Gran Turismo 5

The whole XBox 360 is cheaper thing is kind of a scam.  The 360 doesn't come with a WHOLE lot of the onboard features that PS3 does.  I found that out the hard way.

Eventually you're going to want those features most likely.  Like the wireless attachment that runs anywhere from $85-$100.  That right there begins to even the price out.  Then if you want to play BluRay movies, get ready for another big chunk.  And trust me, the BlueRay player on the PS3 looks damn awesome.  

Originally posted by Ockham

If you buy an XBox 360, like I did at first, and then put all the things on it that the PS3 has, you're going to roughly end up paying just as much as a PS3 costs.  Well, that and you're going to have this XBox360 that has all this stuff hanging off of it (attachments).
    When I found out that I had to go and buy something extra to make my XBox 360 wireless, I got pretty darned pissed.  I am not the type to go through a whole research and planning routine before going and buying something, so I just assumed the two consoles came with the same features.
    So, I was actually pissed off enough about the whole thing that I went and bought myself a PS3.  I have loved it ever since.  I ran a network cable to my XBox 360 for a little while, mostly to get game/system updates, but then I got tired of how ugly it looked with a network cable running from the living room into my bedroom. 
    My PS3 is awesome.  It plays my BlueRay's perfectly.  It's got more and more games all the time.  I actually prefer the PS3 controller (which is more of a personal opinion thing), and OMFG is it quieter!!!  The XBox goes anywhere from sounding like a vacuum cleaner on to a wind tunnel engine.
    I just wish I would have known before buying the XBox.  Maybe I should do a little research and planning next time.  Maybe, if I can find the patience.

One thing that always annoys me is when a person says how the Xbox 360 is the cheaper console between that and a PS3. I thank you Ockham for sharing your experience, it shows that Xbox fanboys (or Xbots for those like JGMIII) sometimes do end up paying quite a bit for their Xbox 360.

One thing, what attachments did you buy that ended up making your Xbox 360 as expensive overall as a PS3?

Originally posted by RamenThief7

One thing that always annoys me is when a person says how the Xbox 360 is the cheaper console between that and a PS3. I thank you Ockham for sharing your experience, it shows that Xbox fanboys (or Xbots for those like JGMIII) sometimes do end up paying quite a bit for their Xbox 360.

One thing, what attachments did you buy that ended up making your Xbox 360 as expensive overall as a PS3?

While I can't speak for most Xbox 360 owners I can speak for myself when I say that paying the extra money for a PS3 for features you don't need or want would have been stupid in my case at least. I already had a Cat 5 cable right were I was going to put my Xbox 360 so paying extra for built in wireless would have been pointless. I'd rather have it hard wired anyways as it's a lot more dependable and faster than a G wireless connection. Also BluRay? This is not a selling point to me as I don't give a rats ass about BluRay. The extra money you pay for the BluRay movies is not worth it. If you want those features I say more power to you but don't assume that they are important to everyone as they aren't. You like to call Xbox supporters fanboys but it seems that the only ones on a fanboy rant in this thread is you 2 guys.

Edit: Besides when it comes to deciding what console is right for you it all boils down to one thing... available games. Right now the Xbox 360 has an edge on the PS3 in this regard for most people but like it's been pointed out in this thread the PS3 is gaining ground. If you choose a game system based on any other feature besides the availability of games your just not being very smart as this is what your going to use it for 95% of the time. Some prefer the PS3's lineup and some prefer the 360's lineup. I for one went with the 360 as there were only like 2-3 games that are exclusive to the PS3 that I'm even remotely interested in. There are about a dozen Xbox 360 exclusive games that I would like to play however. I may still get a PS3 someday as I have nothing against it. It is a great console but they will have to probably lure me in with a price reduction and a few games I really want to play first. Gran Turismo 5 is a good start however.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Just to throw something else into the mix, I read a couple of months ago (www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2007/08/ps2-still-outse/) that the PS2 is still outselling the PS3.

EDIT: Sorry, that was a 2007 link, go with the one below.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/playstation-3-psp-and-software-sales-down-for-sony_0

Originally posted by Brenelael

While I can't speak for most Xbox 360 owners I can speak for myself when I say that paying the extra money for a PS3 for features you don't need or want would have been stupid in my case at least. I already had a Cat 5 cable right were I was going to put my Xbox 360 so paying extra for built in wireless would have been pointless. I'd rather have it hard wired anyways as it's a lot more dependable and faster than a G wireless connection. Also BluRay? This is not a selling point to me as I don't give a rats ass about BluRay. The extra money you pay for the BluRay movies is not worth it. If you want those features I say more power to you but don't assume that they are important to everyone as they aren't. You like to call Xbox supporters fanboys but it seems that the only ones on a fanboy rant in this thread is you 2 guys.

Edit: Besides when it comes to deciding what console is right for you it all boils down to one thing... available games. Right now the Xbox 360 has an edge on the PS3 in this regard for most people but like it's been pointed out in this thread the PS3 is gaining ground. If you choose a game system based on any other feature besides the availability of games your just not being very smart as this is what your going to use it for 95% of the time. Some prefer the PS3's lineup and some prefer the 360's lineup. I for one went with the 360 as there were only like 2-3 games that are exclusive to the PS3 that I'm even remotely interested in. There are about a dozen Xbox 360 exclusive games that I would like to play however. I may still get a PS3 someday as I have nothing against it. It is a great console but they will have to probably lure me in with a price reduction and a few games I really want to play first. Gran Turismo 5 is a good start however.

Bren

You seem to be getting a wrong impression of my definition of "fanboy." Fanboys, in my opinion, are the "good" fans of their consoles. I would consider you a fanboy, but that is not me trying to make fun of you. It's stating that you are a "good" fan of your chosen console (since you didn't mention anything about a Wii and although you talk about potentially getting a PS3 you do not have one yet). Then, you get Xbots, the negative name for jackass Xbox fanboys. Not sure what you would call a jackass Wii fanboy or a jackass PS3 fanboy, but I'm sure they're irritating.

The one thing that annoys me most is whenever someone tries pitching the idea that Xbox 360 is the cheaper console than the PS3. The thing is what people don't realize is that the Xbox 360 doesn't come with alot of content like a PS3. The Xbox 360, while it doesn't neccessarily need any extras upon purchase, does lack some things that some buyers will want.

1. Wi-Fi add on: It's an extra 100$ if you want it on an Xbox 360. It's included with a PS3.

2. Hard-Drive: Is optional for an Xbox 360, but if you choose to get one, that's an extra $100-150 unto the bill.

3. Online services: $50 a year (for gold membership I believe, I don't remember the others) for Xbox 360. You can cheat this by creating new accounts, but then you don't have "elite" accounts, you'll keep starting over. A PS3 owner pays nothing at all for online services, thus their chosen account(s) enjoys their benefits forever.

4. Blue-ray: Optional for Xbox 360, but many Xbox 360 owners probably went for this when HD-DVD died. It's about somewhere from $100-150 on various models, but I can't nail down a definite pricing on this. All PS3s have a blue-ray drive.

The long story short? Technically, without any of these addons, the Xbox 360 is cheaper than a PS3. But, then again, wi-fi is nice, a stronger hard-drive is good, paying online services does keep your account up and running (so you get more of an "elite" status), and some people do like blue-ray and would rather pay that than get a separate (but more expensive) blue-ray player or a PS3.

Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

You seem to be getting a wrong impression of my definition of "fanboy." Fanboys, in my opinion, are the "good" fans of their consoles. I would consider you a fanboy, but that is not me trying to make fun of you. It's stating that you are a "good" fan of your chosen console (since you didn't mention anything about a Wii and although you talk about potentially getting a PS3 you do not have one yet). Then, you get Xbots, the negative name for jackass Xbox fanboys. Not sure what you would call a jackass Wii fanboy or a jackass PS3 fanboy, but I'm sure they're irritating.

The one thing that annoys me most is whenever someone tries pitching the idea that Xbox 360 is the cheaper console than the PS3. The thing is what people don't realize is that the Xbox 360 doesn't come with alot of content like a PS3. The Xbox 360, while it doesn't neccessarily need any extras upon purchase, does lack some things that some buyers will want.

1. Wi-Fi add on: It's an extra 100$ if you want it on an Xbox 360. It's included with a PS3.

2. Hard-Drive: Is optional for an Xbox 360, but if you choose to get one, that's an extra $100-150 unto the bill.

3. Online services: $50 a year (for gold membership I believe, I don't remember the others) for Xbox 360. You can cheat this by creating new accounts, but then you don't have "elite" accounts, you'll keep starting over. A PS3 owner pays nothing at all for online services, thus their chosen account(s) enjoys their benefits forever.

4. Blue-ray: Optional for Xbox 360, but many Xbox 360 owners probably went for this when HD-DVD died. It's about somewhere from $100-150 on various models, but I can't nail down a definite pricing on this. All PS3s have a blue-ray drive.

The long story short? Technically, without any of these addons, the Xbox 360 is cheaper than a PS3. But, then again, wi-fi is nice, a stronger hard-drive is good, paying online services does keep your account up and running (so you get more of an "elite" status), and some people do like blue-ray and would rather pay that than get a separate (but more expensive) blue-ray player or a PS3.

Sorry if I took your fanboy comment the wrong way but you have to realize that most on this site use that term as a put-down to try and discredit someone else's opinion so when i hear it the hair on the back of my neck stands up a little. As for the old Xbox vs. PS3 debate I don't put down the PS3 as a console as I truly believe that it is a very good one that has loads of potential. It's just that when it came time for me to decide which one was right for my situation the Xbox won hands down. The PS3 does come with some impressive features but to someone like me they are just "extras" that I probably would use rarely at best.

What made up my mind mostly was the available games for each console at the time of my purchase. This to me is the single most important thing to consider when deciding on a console as it's the main purpose for having one. Now i'm not trying to say that there aren't some damn impressive games available for the PS3 there were just more available for the Xbox that I personally wanted to play. The PS3 is a great console with a lot of potential however and I do see myself picking one up sometime in the future especially if they drop the price.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Gran Turismo 5

Yeah....

Because I only own an Xbox 360 that makes me a fanboi?

Sorry man but for me GoW owns Uncharted's ass!

And the last good Ratchet and clank was I believe the third game in the series.

Also how many God of wars do we need to play the first two were basically the same game.

And no I don;t have to justify my owning a 360, I've only had mine for two months and am having a blast.

Once PS3 gets some games I like that I can;t already play on my 360 I will pick it up.

God I hate when PS3 fans get all crazy and haterish on other consoles lol.

It's simple if sony would put more GOOD exclusives on the PS3 I will buy it.

Gran Turismo 5

Yeah....

Also how many God of wars do we need to play the first two were basically the same game.

And no I don;t have to justify my owning a 360, I've only had mine for two months and am having a blast.

Once PS3 gets some games I like that I can;t already play on my 360 I will pick it up.

I love how you claim I'm a PS fan who gets "Crazy and haterish on other consoles". Hypocrisy for the lose.

Obviously owning a single console doesn't make you a fanboy, but when you make such ignorant comments as you make you clearly are biased. "Playstation 3 only has 2 good games" yeah because you have so much experience with the PS3 games, amirite?

Go ahead, tell me why Gears of War is so much better than Uncharted. I played both games so don't bother inventing any bullshit.

The latest Ratchet & Clank games play the same as the traditional Ratchet & Clank games with improved controls and visuals. Tools of Destruction currently holds a metacritic of 8.9, so the last good R&C games were on the Playstation 3. But you probably didn't even play it.

God of War 1 & 2, both released on the same console play similar? Wow, it's almost as if God of War 2 is a sequel to God of War 1! oh, wait...

As if Gears of War 2 plays oh so different from Gears of War 1, as if Halo 3 plays so different from Halo 2. Heck, Microsoft and Bungie  announced they are going to repackage Halo 3 content into Halo 3: ODST and charge you again for it and you're complaining two last generation games play similar? Don't make me laugh.

I never said you're trying to justify owning a 360, I said you're trying to justify not having to purchase a Playstation 3. Go ahead and keep yourself in ignorance, try convincing yourself all these games are "crap". You'll be the one missing out.

• havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

I prefer the PS3 because the controller is better

Gran Turismo 5

Yeah....

I love how you claim I'm a PS fan who gets "Crazy and haterish on other consoles". Hypocrisy for the lose.

Obviously owning a single console doesn't make you a fanboy, but when you make such ignorant comments as you make you clearly are biased. "Playstation 3 only has 2 good games" yeah because you have so much experience with the PS3 games, amirite?

Go ahead, tell me why Gears of War is so much better than Uncharted. I played both games so don't bother inventing any bullshit.

The latest Ratchet & Clank games play the same as the traditional Ratchet & Clank games with improved controls and visuals. Tools of Destruction currently holds a metacritic of 8.9, so the last good R&C games were on the Playstation 3. But you probably didn't even play it.

God of War 1 & 2, both released on the same console play similar? Wow, it's almost as if God of War 2 is a sequel to God of War 1! oh, wait...

As if Gears of War 2 plays oh so different from Gears of War 1, as if Halo 3 plays so different from Halo 2. Heck, Microsoft and Bungie  announced they are going to repackage Halo 3 content into Halo 3: ODST and charge you again for it and you're complaining two last generation games play similar? Don't make me laugh.

I never said you're trying to justify owning a 360, I said you're trying to justify not having to purchase a Playstation 3. Go ahead and keep yourself in ignorance, try convincing yourself all these games are "crap". You'll be the one missing out.

Dude, You're worse than the fanbots on Gamespy and gamepro forums.

Is it that hard to believe that I personally only find two Ps3 exclusives worth buying? I never said those two games were the only games that were good in the entire Ps3 library, I'm only speaking of exclusives.

It's all personal preference bro you shouldn't take it so seriously.

You assume that I love Halo since I have a 360, Halo blows dude I would rather play CS on my PC.

Also I felt that the GoW games had a better flow to them story and action wise than Uncharted, it's my personal option. Obviously you disagree.

AS for Critic Review score averages they mean ass to me. I've been playing video games longer than most of the reviewers have been alive so I really don't give a rats ass what they say. Hell most of the time they're way off.

I don;t need to justify not having a PS3 or owning a Xbox 360 all I know is when more exclusives THAT I ENJOY come out for the Sony console I will pick one up.

I'm sorry if this gets your panties in a twist.

Gran Turismo 5

Yeah....

Dude, You're worse than the fanbots on Gamespy and gamepro forums.

Is it that hard to believe that I personally only find two Ps3 exclusives worth buying? I never said those two games were the only games that were good in the entire Ps3 library, I'm only speaking of exclusives.

It's all personal preference bro you shouldn't take it so seriously.

You assume that I love Halo since I have a 360, Halo blows dude I would rather play CS on my PC.

Also I felt that the GoW games had a better flow to them story and action wise than Uncharted, it's my personal option. Obviously you disagree.

AS for Critic Review score averages they mean ass to me. I've been playing video games longer than most of the reviewers have been alive so I really don't give a rats ass what they say. Hell most of the time they're way off.

I don;t need to justify not having a PS3 or owning a Xbox 360 all I know is when more exclusives THAT I ENJOY come out for the Sony console I will pick one up.

I'm sorry if this gets your panties in a twist.

Sorry buddy, but I'm not a "Fanbot". I'm calling you out on your bullshit, there is a big difference because the only obvious fanboy here is yourself.

Yes it is next to impossible to only like 2 games on the Playstation 3 because the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 offer nearly the exact same gameplay experiences with the same kind of games. It has nothing to do with personal preference, it has everything to do with the fact you have little to no experience with Playstation 3 games and thus you're claiming games are crap which you haven't even played.

I assumed you like Halo because you used it as an example in your first post in this thread to say how oh so superior the Xbox 360's games are.

How does Gears of War have a better flow? You get behind cover and shoot in both games, you do some light puzzle solving and you shoot some more. It's the exact same gameplay concept!

About review scores, according to your profile you're 30. If you think all reviewers are twenty years old college studens, you're highly mistaken. you bash critic scores but you're here bashing games you haven't even played yet, so i think critics have a bit more credibility than you do.

Sorry buddy, but I'm not a "Fanbot". I'm calling you out on your bullshit, there is a big difference because the only obvious fanboy here is yourself.

Yes it is next to impossible to only like 2 games on the Playstation 3 because the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 offer nearly the exact same gameplay experiences with the same kind of games. It has nothing to do with personal preference, it has everything to do with the fact you have little to no experience with Playstation 3 games and thus you're claiming games are crap which you haven't even played.

I assumed you like Halo because you used it as an example in your first post in this thread to say how oh so superior the Xbox 360's games are.
    How does Gears of War have a better flow? You get behind cover and shoot in both games, you do some light puzzle solving and you shoot some more. It's the exact same gameplay concept!
    About review scores, according to your profile you're 30. If you think all reviewers are twenty years old college studens, you're highly mistaken. you bash critic scores but you're here bashing games you haven't even played yet, so i think critics have a bit more credibility than you do.

HAHAHA! Yep I'm such a fanboi of 360 that I'm considering getting a Ps3 slim due to the price drop and buying the only two to three games worth having out of the PS3 EXCLUSIVES.

New PS3 slim + MGS4 & Infamous (maybe KZ2 also) = enough to hold me over until sony gets off their ass and makes more good exclusives.

Also reread my posts I never said PS3 had no games they just lack exclusives that I want to play. Ps3 has tons of games that are on the 360 also, problem with that is I have them on 360 already!  Think about it, If you had all the good games on 360 already and just had to look at PS3 exclusives as a reason to buy the console I'm sure many of you guys would think just like I do.

See you can un twist the panties, relax and go back to youtube and bash more 360 games.