Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Haha, Saga of Ryzon Add.

You might wonder what does this topic do here on the WoW forums, well, did you guys notice the Saga of Ryzon Add on the main page [mmorpg.com doh]? Big Text saying "Stop Following The Flock, join Saga of Ryzom", obviously it refers to World of Warcraft and everyone going there, i can feel how they might feel, making a somewhat nice MMO, new, and to be drained by WoW.

I think it's imoral to post an add like that... just my opinion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arguing on the Internet is like running the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a retard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arguing on the Internet is like running the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a retard

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Nevrax = Stop following the flock, join Ryzom!

Jkerry = Stop worshipping evil facist tyrant, vote for me!

Nevrax Should learn it didn't work for JKerry, it won't work for them...

• ZrazikZrazik Member Posts: 195

lol, I like that add, and that one with alphabet soup too. I don't find them immoral, just funny and original ones. And I don't think anyone who plays and enjoys WoW really cares about some average game add. These ads are just like EQ2 fanbois, they say their crap but you ignore them because you know you are having fun with WoW.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

I don't respect any companies that have to go dissing other companies just to attract people to buy their products instead.

If you're already playing WoW, sure go ahead and try Ryzom, it's free, then you'll realize how much you like WoW better and just give up on Ryzom all together.

If you're hesitating to either buy Ryzom or WoW, well, try Ryzom, it's free, if you like it, stick to it.  But when it comes to WoW, I say follow the flock... the game isn't the best selling MMORPG ever just cause it's Blizzard... it's a great name, and there's enough threads and reviews on the internet to back that up.

Hmm. All this writing is making me thirsty, I'm gonna go drink a COCA COLA cause Pepsi tastes awful, and I hate all their "Our drink is better than Coke" ads.  Hey, just like what I wrote above, I hate companies that diss other companies just to sell their product.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by Johnark

I don't respect any companies that have to go dissing other companies just to attract people to buy their products instead.
    If you're already playing WoW, sure go ahead and try Ryzom, it's free, then you'll realize how much you like WoW better and just give up on Ryzom all together.
    If you're hesitating to either buy Ryzom or WoW, well, try Ryzom, it's free, if you like it, stick to it.  But when it comes to WoW, I say follow the flock... the game isn't the best selling MMORPG ever just cause it's Blizzard... it's a great name, and there's enough threads and reviews on the internet to back that up.
    Hmm. All this writing is making me thirsty, I'm gonna go drink a COCA COLA cause Pepsi tastes awful, and I hate all their "Our drink is better than Coke" ads.  Hey, just like what I wrote above, I hate companies that diss other companies just to sell their product.

Lol can you say FANBOI? Yeah Coke is a lot better but I must say, Netzeros(Or netscape?)'s dissing aol is pretty funny IMO.

Games Played:DoAC, EQ, CoH, Lineage 2, Planetside, Shadowbane, EQ2, EVE, WoW Beta
    Playing:(Waiting to buy WoW)

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Lets see if I get this straight. I enjoy WoW therefore I must dislike, put down and think all other games are feces, correct? Wrongo fanbois! I am playing WoW and EQII and will be doing the Wish open beta also. Also looking forward to Mourning and D&L releases. Yeah I spend way too much time on this damn box image

I miss DAoC

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Jackdog, Repent sinner!!

There is only one MMORPG! Don't keep other mmorpgs!

j/k

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by kishe

Jackdog, Repent sinner!!
    There is only one MMORPG! Don't keep other mmorpgs!
    j/k

No way. Too many good games not enough time image

I miss DAoC

• Silver.Silver. Member Posts: 368

[quote]Originally posted by jackdog
    [b][quote]

No way. Too many good games not enough time image

[/b][/quote]

I can't agree more!
    You NAILED kishe!
    Hehehe....::::01::

Edit: Some errors

Yeah deal with it, or else ::::15::
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Cheers! I'm out ::::28::
    ---------------------------------------------

Cheers! I'm out ::::28::::

• Silver.Silver. Member Posts: 368

dubble post...damn lag. Sorry!

Cheers! I'm out ::::28::::

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I disagree with the original poster on about everything.

Saga didnt intend this particuliarly at any MMORPG, and if they did, they didnt intend it at a MMORPG that was not even release when this banner went live.

WoW is not appealing any player from Ryzom to their ranks, WoW appealing non-MMORPGs players massively, they initiate new peoples.  Long term players in MMORPGs show really little support to WoW so far.  WoW is appealing to new players, then to extremely casuals folks that will leave in a month or two any game they play, then they appeal to Afterlifers...It is clearly missing a step between extreme casuals to Hardcore raiders...missing quite a few steps.

Despite my lack of interest in WoW, I wish them success and I praise the new blood they bring in.  I have to see 1 person in my surrounding that is not a casual, a new mmorpg-player or a raider freak that play WoW.

You are obviously suffering from a reverse paranoia syndrom, Ryzom didnt mean WoW, WoW was not even release when they advertise that way.

- "Solo is, will always be, the main market. A MMORPG that succeed with little or no solo appeal is doing great considering they are ignoring the main player base.''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren