Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Three wishes for GW2?

2»

Comments

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

1) Bigger/open world.. I wouldn't mind if like 50% of the game was instanced, but much more persistant areas would be nice to battle in ect

2) Crafting/Hobbies something else to pass the time. The added it to an extent by having certain titles have effects.. but I'd like to see that elaborated on.

3) Of course, an AH. It was a nightmare without one. I hated trying to sell stuff.

The good news is I think all three of these will be added so I'm happy. :) 

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Less instancing

And that it releases sometime this century (x2). 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

-Auction house

-Ingame betting system for GvG tournaments (the big ones so the players wouldn't be tempted to abuse it). Win ingame money!

-Loyalty to the original vision behind GW1

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Only 1

No click to walk.

• vancha801vancha801 Member Posts: 23

my top 3 are

1) an open world, i like to play an mmo and actually come accros someone while i am playing..

instances are allowed offcourse for party's to do elite quests etc

2) i want to be able to jump and fall down off clifs :o

3) no more Hero's, in mmo's i want to play with real players not make my npcs replace them i have enough single player RPG's

if i want to play with npcs

• Mariner-80Mariner-80 Member Posts: 347

--Keep the level cap from GW1
    --Keep the skill bar from GW1
    --Keep the Heroes from GW1

The SINGLE BEST THING about GW1 was the ability to complete fun and creative content -- quests, missions, and/or dungeons -- either by yourself with AI, in a full group of players, or in some combination of players and AI.

I have played many online games, including LotRO, TR, WoW, EQ2, and DDO, but GW was the Best Game Ever for this reason.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Yeah I agree, one of the best aspects was the ability to quickly play with others. I think you don't have to worry because it seems GW2 will take a non leveling approach more like FFXIV... I'm excited by the direction that my two favorite MMOs are taking :)

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Do we all understand what a game doesn't have is heard a lot as complaints? As a designer you have to be strong and make your game, not the vocals game. Some say no hences and make people group and in group only games like DDO they are screaming for more solo. You can't win here. I like options so I'd favor henches.

1. I would like to see a modifcation of the skill system. I felt 8 was too few ,perhaps 10-12. I know they say they are cutting the total skills down a lot. But if they have a lot of very situational skills, I think there needs to be two classifications of skills, Primary and Situational. IMO you should be able to use any situational at anytime, no limits.

2. I like gear, imo there should be PvE/PvP based stats/gear. For PvE I'd love a diablo style gear system with full crafting and auction house.

3. More open worlds but also understand and appreciate instance based quests, they can be much more intricate and GW's quests were easily some of the best ever for a large scale online game, linear or not.

• susanto1228susanto1228 Member Posts: 203

Huge fan of Guild Wars here, been playing it since day one and love it, but......yes Gw1 was near perfect and now with Gw2 Anet has the ability to fix some of those glaring issues that: #1 caused people to not play anymore  after all you want to retain as many players as you want why? because Gw is one of those games that truly makes there money from "word of mouth"       "Hey you should really try Guild Wars it's an awesome game, and its free to play online"  right we've all done that before I know I  have and for Anet and Ncsoft it's more money in their pockets. 

Things I want to see in Gw2 that weren't in Gw1 ..........

ALL PERSISTENT world.....this will finally shut up all those naysayers about Guild Wars not being an MMO....

yes I know it will have persistent areas but we need GW2 to be all persistent anywhere and have multiple avenues of getting

their: mounts, flight mounts, boats, etc etc......

Better economy that is not driven by black dye, obsidian shards, and ecto....that really gets old when you pigeon hole the whole economy into a few items...ways to fix this....like someone said, make a diverse crafting system where you can build armor, weapons, and such:  also make these items completely customizable with dyes.  Sometimes companies fear making the crafting system too diverse because the causal players complain but believe me some people love crafting like me and will do whatever to create that awesome bow or sword or chest plate..whatever.

More control over your character: swimming, jumping, grabbing etc etc etc....I mean you can't even jump in the water but you can jump in the lava in Guild wars  that is PRETTY lame.

Gw has excellent PVP so I know GW2 will not disappoint there, I have no problem in saying that Guild Wars has the best PVP of any MMO with the best skillsets of any game period

Guild Wars 2 will already have the fanbase behind it.....there is an extraordinary opportunity by anet to possibly make the best MMO out there for a long time in GW2.   They also need to keep the cashshops down and not focus too much on that, this in my opinion can ruin the game for many because were not used to this type of currency for content crap.   Guild wars made a lot of money off box sales and they need to keep it that way and not let greed get in the way of this teriffic game I can see this only as their own destruction.  I like to think of myself as a dedicated Guild Wars fan of many years and will probably preorder GW2 maybe 2 for me and my son but if they let corporate greed get in the way of the way this game is handled financially I have no problem in just saying goodbye to this francise FOREVER.

• Pro_PwnererPro_Pwnerer Member Posts: 51

1. open world

2.  Some cooler looking weapons. I like the armor, but the weapons are pretty bad in my opinion.  For one example big looking weapons, just about every other game has these, why give these small 1h swords, in WoW there 1h swords are huge! And there 2h weapons are even huger 

3. different combat system i have no problem with the 8 skills part, but all the spells and the skills don't look cool at all when your using them. Fireball, it just hits the enemy and thats it. no explosion or anything. Same with warriors, why can't they make like a 2h sword or axe. And warriors are just chasing the enemy half the game, unless they got teamates with snares, otherwise they just run around chasing, since most of them never get there first hit to use their snare.

• Visual_FuryVisual_Fury Member Posts: 2

I also want to keep 3 things from the orignal Guild Wars...

1. Instant Map Travel:

I know Guild Wars 2 will be less instanced but this is no reason to remove the Instant Map Travel option. This was incredibly useful because real time travelling was only required for questing and missions. Leave out the mounts, or teleportation nonsense like WoW has!

2. The vast amount of skills:

I loved how the original Guild Wars had tons of skills to choose from. You were allowed to make a skill set (called builds) in towns/outposts and then use that chosen build during questing and missions in other areas. Instead of other MMO’s where everyone would have the same skills, Guild wars had the option to make your own: questing builds, team builds, solo builds etc.

3. The PvP:

Guild Wars 2 should roughly follow the same PvP system the original Guild Wars has today. Organised PvP like Guild vs Guild and Automated Tournaments were one of the best things of Guild Wars. Also keep the rank system with the emote to show off your giant pile of PvP victories and the Guild Ladder to see your current guild rating and how well your guild did during the last months.

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

1. keep it the way it is with more content and new graphics

2. keep it the way it is with more content and new graphics

3. dont nerf every single build possible till you can only use 1 build at all

• rik666rik666 Member Posts: 69

1. be able to jump.

2. lvl cap need to be higher.

3. no expensions everything into updates and patches.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by rik666

1. be able to jump.
    2. lvl cap need to be higher.
    3. no expensions everything into updates and patches.

Why does the level cap need to be higher? Grinding out levels does not equal fun. What is fun is the ability to play with all your friends at level 20 anywhere in the world.

No expansions would break the business model thus making the game a traditional MMO , which is definitely NOT what I'm looking for.

Plus having more skills on the bar does not work for GW. the strategy of the skill deck  is what sets the game apart.

Meh to heroes. I have no problem with henchman, but even that doesn't seem to work in a persistent world. I'd prefer being able to solo standard content, but group for instances and elite quests. It is an online game after all.  Guild Wars made grouping easy, so there is no reason this shoudl change.

I don't think instant map travel has a good feel in a persistent world. however there are thousands of ways to implement fast travel. The simpletes would be something like town portals. Plus I'd really like mounts. Some will not like that idea, but mounts are just fun for travel. :) 

Thankfully we'll have a few answers to some of these questions in the next month or so.

• Computer1337Computer1337 Member Posts: 45

My three wishes for Guild Wars 2:

1:  For the game to feel more like a MMO instead of a offline RPG. (More armour, open world, etc.)

2:  I dont mind the low lvl cap in GW, but I would like to see it raised.

3:  More races.. cant wait for that! 

Currently Playing: MapleStory
    Have Played: RuneScape, Guild Wars, WoW.
    Waiting For: Guild Wars 2

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

1) Large Scale PvP and PvE

2) More Armor Slots ( shoulders ext)

3) More Fun Class System