Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*old* - Do NOT follow cryptic's workaround!

xcaliburxcalibur Member Posts: 571

If you do the workaround ont he patcher it will delete your installed files.  Instead do the following(correct) workaround

1)Delete everything inside the <install folder>/Champions Online/Live/prepatch/piggs folder.

2)Move all the *.hogg files from <install folder>/Champions Online/Live to Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champions Online/Live/piggs

It should reduce the download size from 3.6gb to 952mb

Comments

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Wow, wish I had read this before doing that. GG cryptic.

Edit: On the bright side, uninstalling and redoing it the correct way is still faster than DLing the 3gb+ I had left still.

• ajm563ajm563 Member Posts: 48

That worked.  Thanks very much.

• poythrespoythres Member Posts: 68

I made a backup of the files but it worked like a charm - even though I'd already downloaded 300MB.

If it breaks after the patch is done I'll post again, but so far so good. Thanks OP. :)

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Thanks this worked for me.  Pretty crazy that they made the patch process impossible and then posted an "official" workaround which deletes all your installation files if followed.

First impression- NOT SO GOOD CRYPTIC.

• MalakhonMalakhon Member UncommonPosts: 224

v9.20090815.6 is the NEW version?

if not, where can I find it please?

• bstrippbstripp Member Posts: 241

If you get upset about botched files and bad processes, don't do beta's. 

This is a preview and should be the time that they use to twak things to make them right.  Like finding out their patch process stinks under any sort of load.  Report it, shrug your shoulders and realize you are not paying for it... yet.  If the problems persist into launch, then you have every right to be mad.

This install folder, if it is not program folders file, where may I look for it in Vista?

When prompted to install, I just get a path that is my program folder which is what the fix CO told us to do.

Btw: the fileplanet version gave me a null error and crashed.

• thepatriotthepatriot Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Originally posted by Malakhon

This install folder, if it is not program folders file, where may I look for it in Vista?

"Program Files (x86)" folder

Originally posted by thepatriot

Originally posted by Malakhon

"Program Files (x86)" folder

What is this folder?

Only thing I have is C:Program FilesCryptic StudiosChampions OnlineLive

You guys are killing me having me search for (X86), either its hidden or doesn't exist and I can't unhide it.

• LeGrayLeGray Member UncommonPosts: 65

Originally posted by bstripp
    If you get upset about botched files and bad processes, don't do beta's. 
    This is a preview and should be the time that they use to twak things to make them right.  Like finding out their patch process stinks under any sort of load.  Report it, shrug your shoulders and realize you are not paying for it... yet.  If the problems persist into launch, then you have every right to be mad.

maybe in 1995, but now "open beta" is perceived as a demo. not me, but as long as the general public does...

besides, a stable patching process is essential and should have been worked out long before the game goes into open beta (I don't mean connection issues, these can always crop up).