Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

disappointed

1235»

Comments

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

I think it was hyped pretty much like AoC or WAR were. Officially by Aion team and NCsoft probably even less.

This is just the norm in the industry. Anyone who goes with the pre-release hype deserves whats coming. The safe bet is to wait for few weeks at least to see the official reviews from major game magazines and sites. 

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

The real problem here is that Aion, ultimately, is a Korean grinder - although (imo) a beautifully polished one at that. To me, this isn't a WoW 1.5  more like Lineage 2.5 (with lots of added fluff and slightly more accessibility).

I don't think there's any shame acknowledging the game as such, so its hardly any surprise that a lot of folk on this site are calling the game out, so to speak. For me, the naysayers are just preaching to the choir.

AION = the best grinder on the market.

Afterall, NCsoft stated themselves many times that they were'nt reinventing the wheel.

• phaydeephaydee Member Posts: 36

The game is good and the community is nice and respectful...  I give a 4 outta 5!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The Bad

Too many fedex quests, brings nothing new to the mmo genre as far as being innovative, pvp focused mmos fail in NA/EU regions, to follow the story you have to read a wall of text (WoW style), combat is boring, from 1-20 I think I killed 15 different species of slinks (sick of slinks). After WoW and Lotro you would think we would get something different.

The Good:

Well polished and the music was pretty good.

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

The Bad
    Too many fedex quests, brings nothing new to the mmo genre as far as being innovative, pvp focused mmos fail in NA/EU regions, to follow the story you have to read a wall of text (WoW style), combat is boring, from 1-20 I think I killed 15 different species of slinks (sick of slinks). After WoW and Lotro you would think we would get something different.
    The Good:
    Well polished and the music was pretty good.

it's sad the music is the only good thing about this game lol

• oskironmaideoskironmaide Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by rr2real

I got in the beta today played 1-11 and I must say wow was this game over hyped.
    The graphics are too asian and look like they came from a free to play mmo rpg.
    The combat is so boring and tedius I don't care to play any more
    The music is nice.
    The world is even more linear than AoC and I thought that wasn't possible.
    The game just plays like most free to play mmos out there.

I bet the asians that are retarded when they play wow they say... the graphics are too western.. lol

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by oskironmaide

Originally posted by rr2real

I got in the beta today played 1-11 and I must say wow was this game over hyped.
    The graphics are too asian and look like they came from a free to play mmo rpg.
    The combat is so boring and tedius I don't care to play any more
    The music is nice.
    The world is even more linear than AoC and I thought that wasn't possible.
    The game just plays like most free to play mmos out there.

I bet the asians that are retarded when they play wow they say... the graphics are too western.. lol

probably yea but then again wow's graphics aren't that good

• SholShol Member Posts: 361

> pretty much yea most mmos these days suck and since aion is one of the most linear games i've played i want it to fail miserably
    > it's too bad aion fucking sucks
    > i'd play wow over aion any day. i had much more fun with wow's easiness than aions asian grind
    > i wasn't impressed by aion either so i'm dling the eve trial as we speak lol (Hahaha, will be funny to see the QQ soon ^^)
    > wow glad i'm skipping this game (awwww)
    > aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh i've been killing for this game for years. when will it come out already!

(Earthrise)
    > so pumped for this game :) aion is a huge let down in comparison (Champions)
    > the game ruined itself... it's just wow .5 with boring combat
    > blizzard didn't do anything wrong lol