Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

has no one mentioned that this game is part of SOE?

I have played several games that have had run-ins with SOE, namely MXO, EQ2, PotBS, and each of them died immediately upon being moved to Sony.  I don't think I'm the only person in the forums with a bad taste in my mouth from SOE, and it is very concerning to me, to see a game with such potential go to these tards.

MXO was very simaler in hype and expectations since the original writers were onboard and doing live events for the game, but when the game launched... it floundered, the was transferred to SOE where it just died.   

This was a game with a great IP in the prime of Matrix popularity with innovative combat systems and high end graphics (for the time) that was just wasted by poor development and management.

I would love to see this game be amazing, since I think the superhero mmo is an amazing idea if properly implemented, but I am very conerned about this mmo!

Elite poster by 82

Comments

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Frankly, I always thought The Matrix was a lousy IP for an MMO.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

first of all EQ2 was never moved to SOE it was built from the ground up by them, and the other two titles were developed by other developers and picked up by them due to financial reasons typically.

Secondly EQ2 has yet to die and is still going, and expansions are still coming for that game. IMO EQ2 is one of the better MMO's on the market at the moment because does actually build some decent MMO's. Yes they have made some very bad decisions, but they are still quality developers IMO.

I would suggest just to take a wait and see approach, because it could have the potential to be a damn good game. Typically I look forward to SOE's in house development projects but I have such little interest in DC I won't be following this one.

• shhwolf17shhwolf17 Member Posts: 146

Despite the fact, I think that DC Universe will have a very different feel to it and won't die as easily as you think.  There aren't that many mmorpgs out there that have the "Hero" genre in them so this is pretty much a new genre that can either fascinate or disgust gamers.  I mean look at "City of Heros"  one of the highest ranked mmorpgs out there, I think that DC Universe might fall somewhere along that line with City of Heros and Champions Onilne... just my 2 cents

But yes I understand the concern but I really dont think that DC Unverse will fall like the rest thou

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

Didn’t SoE take over those games tho, they became 1st party. My understanding is this is only funded by SoE. I’m looking at it as a PS3 game more than a SoE game. I know the same was said about PotBS, but it was started up by a company that was going under and SoE bought it and took it over. I’m sure DC will be fine without SoEs money.

It might be time to give SoE a chance. Even tho I have my issues with SoE because of what they did to SWG, I think this game will be great.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Originally posted by smitty0356

I have played several games that have had run-ins with SOE, namely MXO, EQ2, PotBS, and each of them died immediately upon being moved to Sony.  I don't think I'm the only person in the forums with a bad taste in my mouth from SOE, and it is very concerning to me, to see a game with such potential go to these tards.
    MXO was very simaler in hype and expectations since the original writers were onboard and doing live events for the game, but when the game launched... it floundered, the was transferred to SOE where it just died.   
    This was a game with a great IP in the prime of Matrix popularity with innovative combat systems and high end graphics (for the time) that was just wasted by poor development and management.
    I would love to see this game be amazing, since I think the superhero mmo is an amazing idea if properly implemented, but I am very conerned about this mmo!

The only game on your list as pointed out by others thar was actually a SoE build is EQ2 and it is still one of the highest rated mmorpg around with still good numbers .

• storylessstoryless Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Frankly, I always thought The Matrix was a lousy IP for an MMO.

:lol:

• grim_skunkgrim_skunk Member UncommonPosts: 26

I think SoE built a bad rep for themselves with dodgy customer service in the past. I am not sure if it's changed much, as I haven't dealt with any of their games in a very long time. If they do have a hand in this game, I hope they don't ruin it as they did with SWG. I realize that is only 1 game, and I am not sure if they ruined any of their other titles. I'd just like to see this game succeed, as it seems interesting.