Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kinda crappy

Downloaded the trial. Started the tutorial chain got to the 3rd quest that is buged and is not able to finnish that one.

Tried the Crafting turorial. Wasnt able to finnish that one either as it was buged. Never gave me an actual recepy to use. So i still dont have a clue how to actualy craft shit.....

And lastly when trying to use the official boards for advice im unable to do it. Maybe because im a trial? I dunno.

But the 1 day experience of this game so far is a JOKE and a complete waste of time.

Will i subscribe? Never ever...

Comments

• DicharekDicharek Member UncommonPosts: 177

Haven't played this game in over a year but those bugs you describe didn't even exist then. Unless the trial has a separate playing area I think that you're mistaken.

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324

Im must respectfully disagree.

I been playing the free trial for 3 days now have had zero bugs. No quest has failed to work. I find the Isle of dawn the best newbi starting area in any of the other game. The world looks fantastic.  Comunity is very helpful.   character armor looks real. ( though character's themselfs have a weird look about um, almost like there clay? )

Anyway found a nice n00b friendly guild and so far having a lot of fun.  It closer to EQ1 then EQ2 is.

Just MO

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

I have been playing the trial as wells and i think its an awesome game. The only bug i find in quests is the when i need to close a portal but i usually find one that works and i can finish the quest. I am really excited to move past the island and explore the world.

The newbie zone is also really helpful in getting me set up in the game. I just wish there was more support for it.

Playing: Vanguard SoH
    Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

When I tried the VG trial, I didn't encounter any bugs other than breaking through the ground while swimming underwater in one place.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Trial is virtually bug free.  Make sure you read the instruction from the quest givers.  You need to pay attention to what's going on or you won't be able to complete the majority of quests. 

• qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681
    Originally posted by chanss

Downloaded the trial. Started the tutorial chain got to the 3rd quest that is buged and is not able to finnish that one.
    Tried the Crafting turorial. Wasnt able to finnish that one either as it was buged. Never gave me an actual recepy to use. So i still dont have a clue how to actualy craft shit.....
    And lastly when trying to use the official boards for advice im unable to do it. Maybe because im a trial? I dunno.
    But the 1 day experience of this game so far is a JOKE and a complete waste of time.

I've played the trail with multiple characters to get a feel of which one I liked and I can not for the life me of ever remember being unabl to finish any of the quests on the starter island, perhaps if you explained the quest here some kind soul may be able tp point out a work around or if your doing something incorrectly.

As for the crafting again I never encountered any bugs nor with the diplomacy.

I haven't subscribed to Vanguard as it's just not my kind of game but I have to admit the starter island was flawless.

• chansschanss Member Posts: 26

Have a feeling you people think im making this up, but i am not. Okey?

I loged in again to try that crafting quest again.  Still didnt have a recepy, and the knife was gone but i had 3 rulers. wtf?

There was a choice to restart the tutorial, but that didnt help. Still didnt have any recepy

But quitting the quest and picking it again did help. Then i got a recepy.

So yes, Buggy!!

• HoobleyHoobley Member Posts: 421

You're right, it's not the game for you.

• VespersVespers Member Posts: 246

I am on day 2 of the Vanguard Trial and so far I have had no problems with any quest in any of the 3 spheres.
    When I just logged into the game I was sent a message that a player was giving away free bags that he made. When ever I have a question, I simply ask and I instantly get 3 or 4 replies.
    I dont know what specific problems that the OP is having but I would be inclined to say that the problem would most likely be that he is not understanding what is happening or what actually needs to be completed because the game itself is running flawlessly.

That's the beauty of the free trial, folks can see if it's the time of game they'll like or not.  The OP is a good example of where they game is going to be to complex for his tastes.  If those crafting quests are not done right, they cannot be finished and they will have to be redone. 

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by boojiboy

That's the beauty of the free trial, folks can see if it's the time of game they'll like or not.  The OP is a good example of where they game is going to be to complex for his tastes.  If those crafting quests are not done right, they cannot be finished and they will have to be redone. 

Yeah. That whole reading thing is a little complex for some people. :P

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

It's turned into a crappy game over the last year and Im not surprised he is finding these bugs. Just another product of Silius and his crap lead development skills. It's also funny how you freaks jump down the poor kids throat for posting. Get used to it, your game is on life support, you have 4 developers and your official forums are dead.

You pay a pemium subscrition rate for a sub-par game that is understaffed with no hope of ever, ever getting more SOE attention than it has now. And if that isn't bad enough, you play a game where someone can just plop down $50 and buy a max level character from SOE's cash shop.

gg SOE.

• qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681
    Originally posted by Trueth

It's turned into a crappy game over the last year and Im not surprised he is finding these bugs. Just another product of Silius and his crap lead development skills. It's also funny how you freaks jump down the poor kids throat for posting. Get used to it, your game is on life support, you have 4 developers and your official forums are dead.

You pay a pemium subscrition rate for a sub-par game that is understaffed with no hope of ever, ever getting more SOE attention than it has now. And if that isn't bad enough, you play a game where someone can just plop down $50 and buy a max level character from SOE's cash shop.

gg SOE.

Eh?

The guy posts he has 2 bugged quests, no details what quests they are just that they are bugged so the game is crap.

What is wrong with anyone here who has responded in asking as I did "What quest is it?" so that help may be given.

What is also wrong with ppl responding who have not had any bugs?

I have seen no rabid fanboi responses, I'm not a subscriber to Vanguard and stated it's not the game for me but I wanted to share my Free Trial experince, again whats wrong with that?

Yours has been the only derogatory response yet.

Again to the OP please post the name of the 2 quests and at what stage you are haing issues at, perhaps ppl HERE can help.

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by Trueth

gg SOE.

Where is the hate coming from?

Most responded by saying they didnt have any bugs. Others just wanted to know which quests he was having problems with so they might help.

Why so bitter?

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

op talking bullshit and yeah lazy people are used to quick dialog and questhelpers.

• swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975

Seems to me most times I thought something was bugged in vanguard it was actually me not understanding something or doing it wrong. Many times I deleted tickets after finding out I was doing something wrong.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Have a feeling you people think im making this up, but i am not. Okey?
    I loged in again to try that crafting quest again.  Still didnt have a recepy, and the knife was gone but i had 3 rulers. wtf?
    There was a choice to restart the tutorial, but that didnt help. Still didnt have any recepy
    But quitting the quest and picking it again did help. Then i got a recepy.
    So yes, Buggy!!

Hmm I've run multiple characters through the first 10 levels in all spheres in the last 2-3 months.  I didn't encounter any bugs but crafting is complicated and if you have never done it reading all the quest tutorial text is a must.  This issue is most likely that you didn't follow a step properly or you didn't understand the process.  I'm guessing you probably didn't pay attention to the quest text telling you what station to use.  Recipes are station dependent and each class has two stations.  If you try working from the wrong one you won't see the recipe because it only shows quest recipes for that type of station.

VG is a pretty complex game by most standards today.  Till you learn how things work you gotta pay attention.  If it is too confusing ask in game for help, if that doesn't work you can maybe ask on the forums for some tips. 

There are certainly bugs in VG but nothing major.  So I'd suggest it is a user issue :)  If the game is too difficult for you then that's what the trial is for, but I'd say it is almost certain that you didn't encounter a bug.

---
    Ethion

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

Yeah, the op doesnt know how to play this complicated game. Maybe he should RTFM, yes?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Why don't you try asking in game. Maybe some players can help.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • I have gone through the trial many many times, and I have never heard of any quests being broken. Most likely there is something you are missing, try asking some people for help before you go blame it on the game, no offence. 

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by Valgar1
    Originally posted by Trueth It's turned into a crappy game over the last year and Im not surprised he is finding these bugs. Just another product of Silius and his crap lead development skills. It's also funny how you freaks jump down the poor kids throat for posting. Get used to it, your game is on life support, you have 4 developers and your official forums are dead.

gg SOE.

Where is the hate coming from?
    Most responded by saying they didnt have any bugs. Others just wanted to know which quests he was having problems with so they might help.
    Why so bitter?

Trueth has a bone to pick with Silius apparently. The majority of his latest posts mention his hatred for Silius. He's kind of OCD with it.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• allinanallinan Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Crispin

I have gone through the trial many many times, and I have never heard of any quests being broken. Most likely there is something you are missing, try asking some people for help before you go blame it on the game, no offence. 

Ran throug Isle of Dawn myself with no issues either.  Came out with some good gear that carried me to twenty, all received from quests.  Aside from the challenges of the quests, I ran into no issues.  Now I will say that the quest lines do require some thought, which threw me for a bit as I was still in drone mode coming from some other MMOs.  That's what I'm finding in this game, the level of detail for the content requires a bit more thought and attention.  If you want tank and spank, 100 monotonous quests per hour, penny arcade shoot-em up, this is not the game for you.

• JoodahJoodah Member Posts: 6

There really are A LOT of bugs out with the last few builds. I wouldn't be shocked if the issues the OP is having are new additions, things that were not there before, you know....new bugs. One of the things that often happens is that with each patch/GU/Server restart is that things that used to work, get broken, and with such a tiny development team it's realllty hard  to get them fixed in a timely fashion.

1. To the peopl saying the OP is making it up, get over yourselves. New bugs pop up all the time. You'd know that if you actually played.
    2. To people saying "he doesn't understand". VG isn't Latin, it isn't that hard or that much more complicated. VG is fun, and I like it, but don't pretend it's head and shoulders above every other wow clone MMO.

The attitudes in this thread are one of the things that often drive new subscribers away, fyi.

Safe Haven iz Looking 4 U

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269
    Originally posted by Joppari

^^

I don't think its disrespectful to say that it's a big plus and all games should have tutorial quests that eliminate certain players who simply will not enjoy the game in the long run.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Originally posted by Joppari

^^

I don't think its disrespectful to say that it's a big plus and all games should have tutorial quests that eliminate certain players who simply will not enjoy the game in the long run.

I've played since launch, and never really understood crafting.  However, when the Isle of Dawn came out, I rolled an alt and did every single quest on the island.. including the entire crafting series. (no bugs - except civic diplo levers weren't working right when I was on the Isle).  Now I'm completely hooked on crafting and am enjoying it immensely.  So I couldn't agree more, a good tutuorial makes all the difference in the world as to whether someone will throw their hands up in frustration or really get into the sphere.  The mainland tutorials are not nearly as detailed as the ones on IoD, so if it wasn't for IoD I would have never tried crafting again.

With regard to the OP.  The quest line is not bugged, we have alts or new guildies go through it on a weekly basis.  Zero bugs.  However, even when they do follow the quest line and instructions closely they still have questions.  Such as, where do I get a resonating powder, or how do I equip a ruler, how do Iearn a new ability, how do I allocate my points, or how do I switch tools to address complications, or where do crafting supplies go after I buy them, what tools should I get for outfitting, etc. etc. etc.  So even with the tutorial there is a lot to learn, but once you have the basics down, they'll apply throughout one's crafting career.  In fact, even with the tutorials, I would suspect most folks would need to go to VGcrafters, ask in guild, or ask in regionsay, or ask in the crafting channel (not sure if this is available for trial), to get it all figured out.