Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sqaure-Enix is so anoying that.....

AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

Well, I thought I would give FFXI a shot since I have played the previous 10 games (emulation is a beautiful thing), but didn't even get to try it when SE made creating a trial account such a pain in the ass that I gave up and uninstalled it. Am I the only one who's had issues with creating a trial account?

A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire

Comments

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

Depending on when you tried registering the registration servers could have been down.  Though I didn't have any problem registering.  I thought it was a pretty straight forward process.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

There's a big update today, that's why. Servers have been down for updating and maintainence for hours.

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265

I too found it too tedious to bother.

I downloaded the game, installed it, experienced a massive amount of problems with account management, uninstalled.

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

SE does have problem with its trial account, but the game itself is only 4.99 i believe if you can find the starter pack.

As alot FFXI player would tell you, it is one of the best MMORPG every exist for them.

I have played many MMORPG include wow for few year, only ffxi capture the true essence of a real MMORPG, where interaction and communication really enforced.

The price is low and the subcription fee still remain the same as the day of its release. If you can't get pay out even 4.99 to play the game then you might be sadly missing the experience of MMO life time. As this game is truely stunning experience.

Graphic wise, it is still at competitive level of current market (you can imagine even XBox 360 can't play this game properly)

While it is the only mmorpg that still have a main or multiply story that is FF material.

Trial account was set up to prevent RMT, if you hate RMT from other mmorpg, you should forgive SE for doing so, because SE enforce the rule strictly even it is unpreventable, they still want to reduce it.

none

• GameslaveGameslave Member Posts: 130

Being that after losing my installation CD on several counts, my copy is now purely a torrent. I've never had any issues installing or managing the system. If your internet connection is too weak; if you're using a wireless router and there's any kind of interference or resetting every couple minutes, you will have problems. It's a secure-site information pathway that requires a fast internet connection to minimize the chance of your data being abused by malicious parties. If that's not the issue, I'm going to have to say it's an operator malfunction, because I've never had a problem...

Abraxas [365]

• joufesjoufes Member Posts: 59

the reason behind the trial account issue had to do with rmt. alot of them were registering multiple accounts with same credit card and adress etc blah blah blah. point is you try again. uninstall means u need to install again anyways so why bother taking it out. for any good mmo. people do not try to register the first day of a mnth or the last day. thats when the servers have maintenance on registration. do it in the middle of the month or on the 3rd. just saying. if registering was a pain? call tech support...its not like waiting a few minutes will make you explode.

I can't understand why its so hard for people to READ and UNDERSTAND what they read.