Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions if you don't mind

RealedazedRealedazed Member UncommonPosts: 105

Ok, so I am trying the game again. I just had some questions:

So, what's up with the clients? I hear some say the 2d is better, while others say the 3d? I tried the 2d, but how in the heck do you make macros? Maybe I'm just tired and over looked something. I'm using the newest client and I guess its OK.

Can I be a full crafter? I don't mind switching characters for my hack and slashing needs.  I want a character that can furnish her own house. I would like my crafter to be able to carp, tinker and tailor. I guess she'll be gathering for those professions,too. Can I do this successfully. Right now, money isn't an issue since I ran into some great help on my first day online.

What about fighting skills? I trained some swordsmanship because my pack llama kept getting killedby cyclops or whatever that big monster is that hovers by the New Haven Mines.

Lastly, is there any RP on Atlantic shard? I picked it because it had the most players on it when I created. When I roll my mage I'm hoping for some dark fantasy RP - or any if I can get to it.

Thanks!

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

UOstratics is the best place to get info about UO. Devs post there as well and check the posts there.

http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

As far as clients go, if your a long time UO player and use to the 2D client then I would recomend the 2D client as it's what your most familiar with. Since you are not, I would recomend using the SA client now that it is in open beta and go to use setting and turn off everything that says legacy lol. Macro's are sooooooo much better in SA and you can even change the input bindings to WASD for movement allowing you to use your mouse like in other MMO's. Makes a huge difference.

As far as crafters go, yes you can make a pure crafter. I have a I have one thats Smith, Tailor, Tinker, Armslore, Minning, Magery, Meditation. He isn't great for combat but when I need to I drop Energy Vortexs to defend me. I wouldn't recomend trying to go the melee crafter route unless you did it for RP purposes since without the supporting skills it won't do much for your template.  Magery is probably your best bet. You can get around with recall and gate travel, you get some pet spells to protect you, Heal and Invisy are wonderful things to someone without any combat prowess lol. 100% LRC suits are fairly commen and cheap now days. 

As far as RP goes, I am sure there is. UO is by far the best MMO out there for RP oO. Check on UOStratics Atlantic's shard specific forum and ask there. Personally I play on Catskills and Pacific.

• RealedazedRealedazed Member UncommonPosts: 105

Awesome, thanks for the quick responce. I 'll check out that site, too.

But, yea, pure crafter with magery seems like it'll definately work.  A bit later I'll roll the tamer/warroir that I've been wanting.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Also something worth mentioning, Stygian Abyss is bringing in a new Magic/Craft called Imbuing. It will allow you to add up to 5 mods to armor, weapons or jewlry. Can't have more than 5 on something you're imbuing though. Specifics are listed on UOstratics as well. It really sounds whicked and the potential of what you can make seems endless. Imagine a ring and Bracelet combo with +45 Skill points each for the skills you choose. Thats +90 skill points oO. Not sure how hard or expensive it will be to make them, but the possibility to make them seems to exist or at least it will.

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

I have a few questions. I will just list them, if anyone can answer than I would be greatly appreciative.

How many people are roughly playing the Atlantic shard?

Where are the hubs?

Can player characters kill me and take my things?

Will I have to spend hours chopping tree's to gain strength?

Is there such thing as grouping and questing in Ultima

Is it still worth playing at this later stage?

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by shakermaker0

I have a few questions. I will just list them, if anyone can answer than I would be greatly appreciative.
    How many people are roughly playing the Atlantic shard?
    Where are the hubs?
    Can player characters kill me and take my things?
    Will I have to spend hours chopping tree's to gain strength?
    Is there such thing as grouping and questing in Ultima
    Is it still worth playing at this later stage?

1. Dunno the exact number but Atlantic is considered the most populated.

2. Theres always people around Haven I think and I also hear people hang out at Luna bank.

3. Not if you stay in Trammel.

4. You can gain strength a variety of ways.. Chop trees , mine , backsmith or just pick up a weapon.

5. There is group hunting in UO for the harder creatures.. Never looked for quests in UO. I know there are some but I never did any.

6. I think its worth it if you can get into a guild so that you always have someone to talk to / hunt with. Still one of the best games out there.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Believe it or not... I have just started playing this game.

Missed it the first time around.

Anyway, QUESTS?

I guess there must be some - because there is a quest log?

But I am still learning interface and how to do stuff (Yes, I am reading the player guides.  There is a lot to learn.)

I gather you have to talk to NPCs for quests?  What do you say? "<NPC name> quest"?

Also,

Pack lama?  I found one...how do I make it mine?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.