Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO Patching woes

51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

Ok, I'm not really after any help (I've resigned myself to a reinstall) I just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered this.

I used to play AO and I have SL and AI. I opened the free account recently (I thought hell why not!) but since this doesnt have any expansions I used my original retail AO to install the game again. Patched this up to retail (god that took ages) and soon realised that I had some stuff on my old account that I could use on my new one

So. I installed SL and AI onto the installation so I could used my old account for a month but the SL install fell over with a checksum error (presumably because the base AO had been patched beyond SL) and another during the AI install (presumably for the same reason) I hoped the patcher would just be able to 'sort all this out' but it appears not (I'm getting an error at 15.6.0 that it cant get past and is telling me to reinstall) so it looks like I'm going to have to uninstall and the install the from the SL disks and then add AI onto it

To me this is pretty poor because anyone who takes the free trial and decides to buy SL or AI is going to get hit with the same problem (in that the installers dont seem to expect the installed copy to be more recent and the patch is unable to sort out files that are 'out of sync' with the rest of the install.

Comments

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

I'm using a free account only, and all I did was DL the bundled pack from fileplanet, from their D2D service. they'll let you download all you want, you just need to pay for a CD key (which I haven't). Comes with AI and SL, and no patch issues :)

SOE makes decent games that appeal to nerds. Their customer service is run by jocks who bully nerds. Wonder why SOE sucks so bad...