Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spellborn free to play now!!!!

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Still not playing this piece of junk. They need to pay ME to play it.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

its actually a good game if you'd even bother to try it to some degree.. The world is very immersive and the combo-combat spinning hotbars gameplay is pretty fresh and makes for some fun combat when matched with manual aim..

No. I did try it to some degree. I didn't like it. At all. There is a reason it is going Free to Play. that reason is I'm not the only one to not like the game.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Planning to download it from my ISP overnight and try it tomorrow.

The lore sounds interesting, the interface makes me concerned though.

I hope it is not too much like lotro I just yawn thinking about playing that now (yes I'm one of those that actually like darkfall and have the balls to admit it).

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Well, I think all the paying customers got burned pretty bad with this kind of news.

• troydavidtroydavid Member Posts: 150

Spell-what?  is this still a game....

what a POS

• vrembrantvvrembrantv Member UncommonPosts: 20

I tried this game, once upon a time, and I can say that its graphics are beautiful, the world is immersive, and the story is fulfilling, but the gameplay is atrocious. I got to level 9 before throwing it aside. But this is just my opinion.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

If it is free it's got my attention! After all, it won't hurt to try the game out and see wat's in for it.  Now Funcom needs to do the same with AoC (very soon) ^_+

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

Really good news.

maybe more players will play now.

PvP is amazing in this game and i hope i will get more enemies soon ;)

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• NizumzenNizumzen Member UncommonPosts: 81

I have just tried this out for a short while. It certainly seems okay and the price is right so I guess I'll keep playing for awhile.

Excellent I need something to keep my mind occupied before I go on a year long holiday / trip / adventure :).

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by elocke

No. I did try it to some degree. I didn't like it. At all. There is a reason it is going Free to Play. that reason is I'm not the only one to not like the game.

from your sig

hopefully you won't be paying for "champions online" as it should be following the same path as spellborn

• MelanaMelana Member Posts: 32

yesterday there were just many people in hawksmouth,its going forward^^

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Nobody really cares. This game was a failure in the eyes of many...

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

lol but sadly not enough for a real mmorpg....

without any advertisements the game have no really chances....thats sad.

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• MelanaMelana Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Mystik86

This game was a failure in the eyes of many...

but not for all

@czelsior:yea so the players have to do some ads.Acclaim is incapable to do it

• AphamApham Member UncommonPosts: 99

My brother and I are enjoying this game immensely. We spent all day downloading Aion played it for 20 minutes and now have it sitting there while we have spent more than 5 hours on TCoS between the two of us in the past day. LOVE IT.

Originally posted by gatheris
    Originally posted by elocke No. I did try it to some degree. I didn't like it. At all. There is a reason it is going Free to Play. that reason is I'm not the only one to not like the game.

from your sig
    hopefully you won't be paying for "champions online" as it should be following the same path as spellborn

And how is that? You don't even know why I dislike CoS. For me it is the controls and just the overall feel. I wasn't impressed. Cbampions on the other hand, already has me hooked just thinking about the character creation and comic book feel.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

This is officially the best F2P MMO on the market! I paid to play it for a month, freakin awesome, only reason i stopped is due to some patching problems i had (hopefully i can fix it now).  The PvP is great, world looks good, combat is fun, quests kinda blow huge chunks, but everything else is good!

Uhh... what?

Originally posted by Auzy

quests kinda blow huge chunks

Same as just about every other MMO on the market then at the moment :).

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I honestly dont get it, why would i play a game, even F2P if the company clearly stated that the game is frozen and no content will be added? Whats the point in playing a stale MMORPG

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Originally posted by tryklon

I honestly dont get it, why would i play a game, even F2P if the company clearly stated that the game is frozen and no content will be added? Whats the point in playing a stale MMORPG

Cause its free?

Uhh... what?

It only becomes stale once you have done everything in the game. Until that time the content is still new.

Just play it until you get bored of it and then you can go and play another game - it is unlikely to last years but you can at least get a few months enjoyment from it.

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

Cause its free?

Worst reason ever?

• tanektanek Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by granit1024

Cause its free?

Worst reason ever?

If you can't come up with any worse reasons to play, that just shows a lack of imagination.  ;)

Let's see...

Play because the particular palette of colors available to your character matches the wallpaper behind your monitor.

or...

Play because your cat enjoys sleeping on top of your warm computer.

• darkruedarkrue Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by AI724

If it is free it's got my attention! After all, it won't hurt to try the game out and see wat's in for it.  Now Funcom needs to do the same with AoC (very soon) ^_+

You might be a moron. Might.